tuscl

Stripper Files Federal Law Suit Against Strip Club Chain

EastCoaster
I strongly prefer women of color. Every color.
A Colorado stripper filed a federal law suit last week over wage and hour issues and is seeking class-action status. The article includes an interesting discussion of house fees.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/busines…

6 comments

• crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I heard about this from a dancer last weekend. Shitty little bitch
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Strip clubs keep losing these suits because they are breaking the law.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    The basic issue in all of these law suits is, are the dancers contractors as the club maintains, or are they employees.

Laws vary from state to state, and the clubs need good and upto date lawyers.

Clubs may be over the lines. But the basic idea is not wrong.

At MBOT, Jim and Artie Mitchell had to set up their own talent agency to make it work out.

Lots of lawsuits over such. Usually by girls now to old and fat to dance.

SJG
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    So, on the one hand, I've heard right from the strippers, that many times these lawsuits are started by strippers who plotted them all along -- purposely worked for years under the system, and had these lawsuits planned as part of their exit strategy all along.

On the other hand, jackslash is right -- strip clubs lose these lawsuits because they are breaking the law, often quite clearly. My impression is, strip club management is bottom-of-the-foodchain managers... even the big corporate chains who like to talk about bringing corporate standards to strip club management, these organizations are made up of the least competent managers (they'd be in any other industry if they were any good, in most cases), and their incompetence is reflected in their win/loss record. No, dummies, you can't just ignore the law, and hope to bully the strippers forever into metaphorically taking it in the ass.

I always halfway hope for the inevitable lawsuit against deja vu, who fucked up what used to be one of the best strip club cities in the country. Of course, I realize this is a "be careful what you wish for" scenario: EVERY time a strip club loses a lawsuit to retired strippers, it's the current strippers and customers who face an even-worse system as the club tries to recoup.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    @jackslash the real reason that the clubs keep loosing has nothing to do with the law. There is a cottage industry out there, with the plaintiffs side being better funded and the plaintiffs have got the formula down pat the majority of these cases are settled before they ever go to trial The insurance companies generally find it more economical to settle before they spend X and in reality the insurance companies are responsible for the payouts just keep increasing the premiums it is nor about who's right it's about what is cheaper and more profitable.
  • whodey
    8 years ago
    "Santich, according to the lawsuit, was fired Feb. 13 after working for the club owners for nine years because she did not meet the physical appearance "

So she had no problem working in the system for 9 years until her looks diminished to the point she couldn't make a living from dancing and decided to use the lawsuit as a retirement plan.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion