tuscl

In the end, the board decided to require that the club close at 9 p.m. on Monday

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

8 comments

• IHearVoices
    8 years ago
    So much for going there in about five weeks. Sounds like it's going to be completely different...and by 'different', I mean "like every other small non-descript club in Tampa". The action will just move somewhere else, though...and I have a feeling I know where.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Damn government !
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Lol - lining pockets.

Where I live there's a lot of college bars and for a time, if they got busted selling to underage kids and had to be shut down they were actually able to choose what days they were to be shut down themselves. Of course they'd decided to close on Sundays and Mondays - says they were closed anyway!
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Gov't sure. I give you that. Part of what really precipitates this is the silly 1000 ft zoning requirements. It affects other development. I'm not saying that's the case here but it's the case a lot of places and it's one reason why communities lean on the clubs (ideally to close on heir own). So the busy bodies and real estate developers also play a part

Let's also not forget the druggies and the drunks. Sure it might be a set up. But still. Not all of it. They also play a part.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Yeah these places like this do kick backs and cover police overtime pay $$. A lot of money is involved.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    After-hours spots seem to often attract trouble-makers, they tend to congregate in the few open places
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    @shailynn I remember 40 years ago in Uniondale and Hempstead the college bars across Hempstead Tpke. from Hofstra University had a similar deal just raising money for the township.
  • sflguy123
    8 years ago
    This club has nine reviews. Surfice to say it's no Tootsies.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion