tuscl

New "high class" rap club coming to Miami. Do your stuff Papi. :)

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb

8 comments

• sflguy123
    8 years ago
    This is at the former Take One location.
    https://www.tuscl.net/club.php?id=2853

Papi already knows about it. You ain't getting no S FL black stripclub past him. He can smell that shit from 25 miles away.

I don't think this place after everyone settles in will be high class. The place has a bad history.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    That was a shit hole in the 90s. I used to live in North Bay Village, just a couple miles down 79th street.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Is Edgerrin Motherfuckin' James the owner? I always liked him although I never could understand what he said in his interviews.
  • samsung1
    8 years ago
    Tootsies is the first place I would visit in miami
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    How do you put "High Class" and rap together ?
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Papi and I will have to stop in and check out the thick babes the next time I'm down in the area.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Tootsie's is THE first place to visit in Miami. However, it makes me think. Papi has his black clubs with the thick chocolate pillows so near and dear to his hard-on. Literally. Other non-AA clubs, by which I mean every other club, seem to have been overrun with the Cuban invasion. John finds his Caucasian redheads regularly, I found a fair number of Europeans at PP; but even Tootsie's was all Hispanics and one AA during my sole visit. In short, where da white wimmin at?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    That location has been a strip-club since the early-70s - the original owner was a whiteguy from Flint Michigan that moved to Miami in the late 50s and opened the club (Take One) in the early 70s - it's been a black club ever since I've known it (1990s) but don't know if it was a white-club at some point - it's in the hood and in a high-crime area; the original owner was killed in a robbery inside the club in 2004 and the club has always had a dubious reputation - recently it had been closed for almost a year; some say it was due to some shootings but this had happened in years past and also at other clubs so not sure the exact reason it closed.

It has a chance to do well since that location has been known for decades as a strip-club and it's on a major street in the hood so people will quickly know it's open.

Hard to see it being upscale b/c the place is tiny - the club is basically a one rectangular room w/ the bar taking up about 80% of the available space - so there's not much footage at all to work with.

I'll probably peek my heads (yes both of them) in at some point but I was never really a big fan of this place it being so small (25 people would be a crowded club) - and if it's an "upscale black club" it may just turn out to be a low-mileage make-ir-rain club where the girls get used-to and expect to get rained-on and not wanna do much else.

I drove by that club on the Sat eve prior of Super Bowl weekend and the club was open - drove by again the following Th eve and it was closed - so I guess they're doing some pre-opening events for now.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion