tuscl

OT: Restaurant surveys

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Last week I was at Olive Garden for lunch. Olive Garden has a small electronic tablet on each table that can be used for various things including calling your server and paying your bill (if using a credit/debit card).

When using the tablet to pay for my meal, the server asked me if I could please fill out the survey that pops up on the tablet (but that you can skip) after your bill is paid - she said something along the lines of it helps them (server) get points, or something like that.

I fill out the surveys once in a while but usually just do it once per restaurant I visit (if I do it at all) - but apparently it's a bit of a big-deal for the restaurant/staff b/c I also recall a server saying the same thing a while back to the people at the table next to me at Outback Steakhouse - at least at Olive Garden one can do it on the spot via the tablet and it's only about 5 multiple choice questions.

Anyway - just some FYI if a server asks you in the future about completing a survey and you want to help him/her out.

14 comments

• Corvus
    8 years ago
    Papi, we need strippers to have surveys available. We could see who has the most points and decide which dancer to take to VIP!
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ LOL - good idea
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I'm getting annoyed with customer satisfaction surveys. I get them from the Ford dealer, my doctor, dentist and grocery store, etc.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    ^ true - kinda overkill
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    One problem with these surveys is that the information you leave on them (email address, Facebook accounts, cell phone numbers, mailing addresses) becomes part of a database for future advertising. This practice is most ubiquitous on the surveys that offer you a gift certificate or coupon for a menu item. Way of the world, I know- but if you don't know their company privacy policy this can be sold to other vendors (or without being sold be passed on to other corporate units a franchise might be part of)

Which is just why sometimes I would rather just tip the server well and be done with it :-/
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I put those idiotic tablets on the floor or on the table next to me. They are as worthless and irritating as self check out registers.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I kinda like using the tablets that way I don't have to hand my credit-card over to someone (nor do I have to wait for my server to pay my bill)
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    Those tablets are how you know you're in the Basic Bitch version of a restaurant

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/news…
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    And yes, I like those places too :) LOL
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    If you take the time to fill out some of the surveys that retailers promote at the bottom of sales receipts it can mean a nice discount the next time you shop with them.
  • DallasCowboys
    8 years ago
    I always skip the survey when I go to All of garden
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    I've always thought that places that put in those electronic things have given up all semblance of class. You cited just about the only good thing they do, keep you credit card out of someone else's hand.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    I usually do the customer satisfaction surveys from Burger King so I can get a free Whopper.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I rarely do surveys unless I benefit somehow.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion