tuscl

Feature film casting babies - and strippers - in Cleveland: How to apply

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
"Strippers have to be willing to possibly do full nudity. The position pays $300 if the role is topless, $800 if baring everything is required. Applicants without tattoos are preferred."

Where will they find a Cleveland stripper without tattoos?

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/i…

11 comments

• ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Heck, they'll be lucky to find babies or cars without tattoos in The Mistake on the Lake,, let alone strippers! ;-)

(I know, cheap shot. My only defense is that I lived in Pittsburgh for 23 years.....)
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    No, it's true. Some 50% or so of Millennials in certain places have tattoos, not just strippers. So I wouldn't be surprised to see inked up babies to be honest. (Sarcasm).

Full disclosure. I'm in Cleveland.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I'll pass. $300 is less than my residual checks were for the role I was cast in, AFTER my agent took his 15%, and there was no nudity. My contract was around $900/day. Only two days of filming for me. I was a "principal actor" though, or at least that's what the SAG-AFTRA union called it when they sent me a letter inviting me to join, which I did not. I kept the letter however, still on my fridge years later lol. It was a pretty small role, though. I had only a few lines. But they did give me my own trailer with a white robe in it. It wasn't as big as the more important actors' trailers of course, but I thought it was cool.
  • zef8mich
    8 years ago
    They refer to the "Untitled Detroit City Project' which is a little confusing since there's a film about the 1967 race riot coming out this year that's being referred to as the Untitled Detroit Project.

http://www.freep.com/story/entertainment…

Could be the same since the time frame of the movie is 1960 to 1985
  • zef8mich
    8 years ago
    Doesn't seem to be any connection between the two movies?
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Juice will only request $100 if he can be a stand in and also be nude.

Lil Fishsticks will be a stand in as long as they don't need him before 4PM. He has Dungeons and Dragons club meetings on Tuesdays and Thursdays after school.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I would have to pay them $300 to appear nude in the film.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Nina, I thought you had to join SAG-AFTRA if you have spoken lines...apparently not!
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Rockstar666 Lol no you definitely don't have to join, it comes with a 3K initiation fee so forcing someone to pay money just to take a speaking role would be ridiculous.

I was surprised to get the letter because I thought you had to be a member of one of the smaller actors unions before getting into SAG-AFTRA. But the letter literally says, "due to your role as a principal actor..." and then comes the invitation. Pretty cool, but I think of the SAG union as something more for people who are serious/career actors, which I am not. In fact, after that experience I decided I didn't want to do any acting for any major productions ever again. I haven't tried since. That shit was super stressful for me, I am not cut out to be an actress. I respect the profession more now because WOW, what a crazy, high stress environment.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i'll cut a deal with them. if i can bbfs bbbj daty a HOT stripper on the set... just give me 10% of the profits.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    A lot of part-time actors and actresses join Sag for access to decent, inexpensive, union medical insurance.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion