tuscl

Phx stripclub assault?

azrookie
Arizona
Monday, January 23, 2017 12:08 PM
[view link] Sad "wrong place / wrong time" story for this firefighter. Note the address is "the club at 20th Ave and Peoria Ave." Area is primarily light industrial. I believe the only "club" of any kind around there is Centerfolds. Any Phoenix members heard more?

16 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    That stupid website asks you to answer a survey question b/f reading the story - it's best if PLs just copy and paste the articles on TUSCL and add the link at the end that way other PLs don't have to link to another website and have to deal w/ pop-ads and other shit - below is the text of the article: "... An off-duty firefighter died after an assault on Saturday night, according to a press release put out by the Daisy Mountain Fire Department. The Daisy Mountain firefighter, 37-year-old Luke Jones, died after an assault at a nightclub in west Phoenix, officials said. Police determined that Jones was at the nightclub near 20th and Peoria avenues when the assault occurred, according to Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Jonathan Howard. At about 11:30 p.m., officers responded to a local hospital where a 37-year-old man had been brought with critical injuries consistent with an assault, Howard said. Jones died from his injuries at the hospital, Howard said. A 12-year veteran of the Daisy Mountain Fire Department, Jones leaves behind a wife and daughter, according to the Fire Department. "We are very humbled and thankful for the outpouring of support, well wishes, and prayers from the community and the public safety family," Daisy Mountain Fire Department Chief Mark Nichols said in a Facebook post ..."
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Poorly written story - barely any details: e.g. * no name given for the club - they say "nightclub" but that may not necessarily mean a strip-club (unless one is intimately familiar with that area) * they don't give any details as to who may have done it or the source of his injuries (club staff, a fight in the club, assaulted in the parking lot, etc)
  • azrookie
    7 years ago
    The AZ Republic will never be confused with a cutting edge news agency. I was also struck immediately by the lack of detail. Watching out for a fellow first responder. We'll see if more details come out or if it just gets swept under the rug.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    At first I thought they didn't call it a strip club out of a concern for the guys wife and kids. But then I remembered that there is no compassion in the news media. Maybe it was just a bar.
  • Mainster
    7 years ago
    Yes, it was at Centerfolds: [view link] Really sad story; he leaves behind a wife and baby. No details are coming out about what the nature of the "assault" was, but haven't heard shooting or stabbing mentioned.
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Will definitely have to keep an eye on the assailant. Likely to be cameras knowing the suspect's identity, and any public safety officer will be glad to pop a cap in his ass.
  • pawnrob69
    7 years ago
    Club bouncer and manager have been arrested. Bouncer was seen on video pushing down and then repeatedly punching the guy. Charged with 2nd degree murder. Manager arrested for hindering the investigation by removing video camera.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Unbelievable - bouncer needs to do time and club sued for hiring a thug to work w/ people
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    This I unreal and ironic! I was talking to a fellow mongered at another club a month ago, and he told me of his last trip he took to Centerfolds about a year ago. Here's the short version of his trip. Goes to the club (Centerfolds) late in the evening and starts having several drinks. Strikes up a conversation with a pretty dancer and agrees to go to VIP with her. After a few songs, he says 3-4, he decides he has had enough. When leaving the girl tells him they did 10 dances for total bill of $200. He says "WTF? I've had a couple drinks but I know we weren't in there for 30 minutes, maybe 10 minutes at the most." VIP dancer walks over to bouncer and he comes over and says "Where's the rest of the money?" Our fellow mongerer says she is lying about the # of dances. Bouncer punched him square in the face and threw him around breaking a rib and sending him home in a can with a black eye. This pl has to make up a story to his wife as to why he is in the shape he is in, and he made up a story that he got injured playing golf with the boys and fell off the golf cart. I would t have believed the Bouncer would be involved until I heard this guy telling me about the bouncer at Centerfolds beating him up, and then this other recent story about the firefighter getting beaten to death. There is a reason why I only went to this club once. I've learned my lesson from my only visit that it was complete thugsville. The liquor board will need to find reasons to shut this place down.
  • JohnSmith69
    7 years ago
    Can somebody please post links to the news stories about this. I'm too high to search myself and the link posted by mainster (strange name) doesn't work for me.
  • pawnrob69
    7 years ago
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Per Meat's post, could be the dancer and bouncer where working together to basically shake down custies - lowlifes like that need to do time and pay for their doucheness
  • Mainster
    7 years ago
    I suppose a bouncer would have more reasons to aid and abet a shakedown artist ROB than to protect a customer from her. She could offer way more inducements. There was a time when Centerfolds was an OK club. I recently moved to the north end of Phoenix, and I'd been considering a visit until I read some of the reviews here. I expect to hear calls for the Liquor Board to "do something" any minute now.
  • wallanon
    7 years ago
    From the FOX 10 news story: "Investigators say video shows Draper, a doorman at the cabaret, assaulting Jones by pushing him to the ground and striking him numerous times. Jones, who's arm was in a brace due to a pre-existing injury, was unable to defend himself during the attack." "26-year-old Brandon Draper"...also known as the scumbag who beat a one armed firefighter to death.
  • azrookie
    7 years ago
    The bouncer beat the firefighter, who had his arm in a brace, unconscious with his hands, called a Lyft car, and sent him to the hospital where he died from the injuries. 2nd degree murder. He is out on $250K bond. Quick web search indicates the Draper is/was an MMA fighter and instructor in town. And WTF was the manager thinking? The cops found the video from the club and it shows him turning off the cameras. TBD if he will do time. JS69: the nickname dates back to my teenage years.
  • azdd
    7 years ago
    A dancer at the HiLiter told me today that Centerfolds has been closed down, and the dancers are now dispersing to other clubs, including the HL. Can anyone confirm?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion