tuscl

I'm just a thug in the club.

For the past decade I've experienced the ghetto/thug takeover of strip strips. I was born and raised in a poor black community during the waning days of segregation. That was a time when the better half of black folks understood they had to show the better side of being "negro". So in those times of demanding equality we strive to put the best image of ourselves forward.

But as soon as our hard fought freedoms were realized, we almost immediately began to show our preference of backwards, unintelligent, and parasitic behavior. A demand that white folks "take care of us". Nothing demonstrates that mentality more than rap/hip-hop thug culture. And now Donald Trump is President. You want to be a ho' or thug, now you get treated that way.. If that's a problem, then I say we as "My Niggas" need to go to Africa and build communities based upon that diaspora. With regard to strip clubs, treat these ghetto ho's with the very lack of disrespect they have earned and expressed..

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Some say, and it makes sense to me, that LBJ's war on povertg is what may have set black people back - b/f then supposedly black men stayed in their homes w/ their families, but LBJ's reforms meant that if you were a single mom then you got more assistance and the more children you had the more assistance you got to where for many women that was their way of sustaining themselves (have no husband and multiple children) - this created a cycle of dependency which decentivized working and a man in the house (if you worked then they took away your assistance) .

This is not to say that something didn't need to be done, just that they may have gone about it the wrong way.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    w.r.t. strip-clubs, they are often seedy environments, not the place where one finds the best mannered folks or most well adjusted folks
  • poledancer83
    8 years ago
    Curious to a few things. What do you mean rap hip hop thug culture taking over strip clubs? like the music or attitudes? Also whats your definition of thugs and ho's?
  • DallasCowboys
    8 years ago
    Old ass mofo
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion