tuscl

[OT] Trumponomics: Is Now a Good Time to Build New Roads?

Saturday, December 24, 2016 8:10 AM
Ok, so Trump is a guy who likes to build stuff. I actually like the idea of The Wall. But I question whether it makes sense to build alot of new roads now with self-driving vehicles getting set to take over. Maybe improve the existing roads, and, in particular, and features to make them easy for self-driving vehicles to get around. But new roads when usage is probably going to go down? Does not compute to me.

22 comments

• elvis2
    8 years ago
    He is talking about re-building existing roads more-so than newer ones, I think.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Will go down as fewer people own cars and rely on fleets of self-driving vehicles.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    I think they'll just an outlaw non-self driving cars one day. Say people do irresponsible things like fall asleep or text at the wheel or, worse yet, pull a RickyBoy and drink and drive.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Might work for dense city centers, like Manhattan,Chicago, maybe even Metro Detroit and Atlanta but I seriously doubt that the people living in the suburbs will give up their vehicles, and the rural areas will still be vastly under-served and for the foreseeable future vehicles are still a necessity.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    Isn't he going to building warships, fighters, bombers and nuclear submarines as well? A couple of aircraft carries too. USS Trump and USS Melania maybe?
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Lol! It will nice to have a tough guy in the office for a while. @25: Yeah, people in rural areas also need to do stuff like drive horses around (maybe txtittyfag has some experience with this?) so should be able to keep some of the vehicles longer.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ Poor zipperhead. nothing intelligent to say. can only get attention and fish for "like" by being a "i don't like dougster and txtittyfag" me too! But that doesn't work for him either...
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ like I said, not very bright. I also see 25 and londonguy posting in this thread. Maybe he'll just bluff and hope nobody checks his "facts"?
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ like I said, not very bright. I also see 25 and londonguy posting in this thread. Maybe he'll just bluff and hope nobody checks his "facts"? Stick to what you do best, zipperhead. Destroying your brain with recreational drugs.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    More like a great wall part 2
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ can't get any attention or "like" on his real account. Can only desperately fish for it by being a "I don't like Dougster and txtittyfag" me too! Lol!
  • zipman68
    8 years ago
    Happy holidays Dougsta. You def be cray cray with your obsession with me but even the cray cray deserve happy holidays. I'll give y'all a gift...I genuinely am not posting that much except for checking in occasionally to stir you up. I'd tell you that all of your suspected zippy aliases aren't me but y'all wouldn't believe me. So I'll just say that *some* of the accounts you suspect of being me definitely aren't me. I think I've trolled you too well, since you now see my hands in everybody that trolls you. I apologize for that. Perhaps not feeling pressured to go nuts every time that you see an account you suspect of being me will allow you to relax! Peace out dude...
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    I just wish there was one Ring I could throw down a Volcano shaft to make his FUCKING tower shake to the ground , and watch it all go away.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Road maintenance will not go away. The political problem is existing road maintenance doesn't buy votes as effectively as new construction does. So the political incentive is opposite of the real public's need. If there is a mandate for self driving cars, it may be for dense urban streets and highways during peak hours (traffic congestion). The computers and algorithms will be able to make more efficient driving choices with less reaction time that any human can, reducing congestion somewhat.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    [view link] Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads...
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    That's another argument for self-driving cars. They can do some quick negotiations with each other to avoid accidents at the last second. I don't see it confined to urban areas and rush hour either. In the evening you decide you want to go out and run RickyBoy's The System. So you put on your white three piece polyester suit, summon your self driving car, review your notes on The System and visit the strip club. Unfortunately, it's one of those 65% failure nights that The System has, so you just get drunk instead and self driving cars arrives to take you home safely. Like I say can't think of many situation where people who need a manual driving cars unless they are the type who drive horses around and stuff.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Ah, I see zipman finally figured out that I'm not txtittyfag so is acting a bit calmer today. Good to see him making some progress!
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Ricky cracked a rat and stained his white suit
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    That is a good system right there...Lmfaooooooooooo
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ it's all there in black and white above. Learn to read. You might as well try and convince me again that it's only me and txtittyfan in this thread when it's there in black and white that there are at least five others.... but hey, you're such a great persuade why worry consider things like that, huh?
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    ^^^ dumb as a rock
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Interesting discussion topic! Whatever happens with self-driving cars, I predict that Trump will direct many hundreds of billions of infrastructure of all kinds: new roads but also improvement of roads, bridges, airports, etc. I further predict that a disproportionate amount of this infrastructure spending will take place in just a few politically important states: Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Arizona, Minnesota, and New Hampshire . Such spending probably makes more political than economic sense, and Trump will want to reward states that voted for him and entice a couple where he fell just short (the last two on my list).
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion