tuscl

I still can't believe Trump will be President

Friday, December 23, 2016 12:52 PM
Can you? A refreshing change, but he will be tested by whack jobs everywhere. He already is the greatest president elect ever, while Obama strives to be the biggest dick to leave office ever.

21 comments

• Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Memo to Political Correctness and Urban centers: "You're FIRED!!" Careful with the Obama supporters thing. A lot of Obama supporters in the rust belt backed Mr. Trump.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Trump as President is the beginning of a crisis as great as the Civil War. SJG The secret chord that makes Christmas music sound so Christmassy [view link] The Best of Dizzy Gillespie [view link]
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Trump is the most vulgar, stupid and unqualified man ever elected president. God save our republic.
  • In Juice's name. Amen.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    Cheers! To prosperity...
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    What does NinaBambina and her 120 credits in political science from an obscure community college have to say on the matter?
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    In Juice's name, amen
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I still can't believe I survived 2016. Then again, it's not over yet.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    This new economy strips the most basic dignities away from many. Trump will only make it worse. Fresno, CA [view link] SJG
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    So you're saying that the Obama economy strips the most basic dignities away from many? I actually agree with that in that his drastically increasing the welfare rolls and handouts have made people dependent on the government and not being able to support yourself and being dependent on the government strips people of their dignity. I do disagree that Trump will make it worse, he won't.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    We're all going to be dependent on the government soon as AI makes so many jobs obsolete. Only strategies are to get into the stock market and own some of the big AI players; work for a big AI play; or hope the government will benevolent in the future. Third option will probably be okay, but want to bet your entire well being on it?
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Obama's economy has not created and good jobs, zilch. He does not want to talk about it. So for each year he has been in office, as with all his predecessors from Reagan forwards, more and more people are living in more and more marginal circumstances. And continuing financialization is the problem. What Dougster is promoting is not only counter productive, it is stupid. Radical changes are coming, one way or another. Either we split into a two tier society, a kind of police state. Or there is revolution and we remake our systems so that they work for everyone. There is no security in the first option, even though Dougster is betting on it. The only well being is in the second. Andy Stern: There Is a Way to Stop Machines From Making Americans Poorer [view link] SJG Three Dog Night "Joy To The World" 1972 [view link]
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    There's definitely some refreshing change with Trump; particularly, sane and realistic talk about immigration. Beyond that, I felt that Trump was a disastrous choice for the Republicans in the primaries, I thought he was going to get crushed in the election, I thought that voters would sweep out Republicans in Congress as punishment for Trump. In short, I haven't made a correct prediction about Trump or the election in at least 6 months. If you had a trained monkey throwing darts at a board with political outcomes on it, he'd be right around 50% of the time, and would thus be more accurate than me. My next prediction is that Trump's presidency will be a disaster, and his own conflicts of interest so great, that he'll be impeached within a year. Which I'm hoping very much doesn't come true, hoping for a solid presidency for all of our sake. We'll have to wait to see what the monkey thinks.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    Trump will be fine. Everyone just needs to take a chill pill and stop listening to those morons on CNN and their doom and gloom.
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ finally some good advice from Dougster who makes a lot of sense, unlike SJG who is simply an MSNBC mouthpiece and a clone of Rachel Maddow. SJG likes dykes, because they're homosexuals.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Since the Trump/Pence presidential victory, have been reading books on immigration and to a lesser extent Multiculturalism. As much as innate to admit it, skibum609 is right on both accounts .. at least the obversational analysis (maybe not rigorous scientific analysis) agrees with what skibum609 was saying .. and what President-Elect Trump is saying on immigration. I can't comment on CNN. I don't have access to cable TV nor do I eat out where it is displayed so I haven't seen any of it. I do have a library card, so I'm using that.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    My opposition to Trump and refusal to support him in the primaries stemmed from watching him and listening to him. I found much of his behavior and many of his comments to be vulgar and reprehensible. He displayed none id the characteristics or qualities that I would seek in a POTUS. Although, even then, he was preferable to Barack Obama. If I had believed he could and would do all he said, wrt prosecuting Clinton, repealing Obamacare, staunching the hemmorhaging of American jobs to domestic foreigners and foreign countries, immigration, NAFTA &TPP etc, I would have supported him easily. Regardless, he won the nomination fair and square. He won the general election openly and honestly. And since he was the only candidate running against Hillary Clinton, I had to cast a ballot for him to vote against her. Having said all that, I feel better about our nation and have more hope for the future than I have at any point since Reagan - and he finished his second term while I was still in seventh grade. The stock market and businesses all agree, rallying to all time highs and planning to invest in America again.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    We do seem to be using a lot of work visas to hire foreigners for physicist / engineering jobs at my company (mainly Canada and India), which pushes down wages. I'd like to see that reversed.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Disney Corp is who I think of when it come to replacing American citizens with H2B1 visa employees. How the fuck is that even legal? Train your replacement and take a two-week severance, or be fired immediately and get nothing.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    In Bayreuth, for Dougster and his friends when they have their regular meetings, and listen to Wagner. [view link] Does look nice. Dougster and his friends rehearsing: [view link] SJG
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Anthony Bourdain slams ‘privileged’ liberals for ‘utter contempt’ of working class [view link] Problem with compromising with the God Fearers is that their world view always revolves around child abuse. SJG 1964 - John Coltrane - A Love Supreme [view link]
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion