tuscl

Fictional STDs

gammanu95
My casual drinking is your alcohol poisoning.
I had a friend who had been stationed in S. Korea while enlisted in the Army. He said that part of their briefing included warnings about a Korean STD called "Black Gonorrhea". It was incurable and so virulent that if you caught it, you would not be allowed to return the US. It sounded like total bullshit to me, but he was sure it was real. Fast forward a few years, I have a new colleague who was a commissioned officer in a unit being deployed to South Korea, he told me that they do give those warnings to the enlisted men, but they pull all the officers aside and let them know it's just a scare tactic to keep them away from the hookers and brothels.
That reminds me, obviously, of the blue waffle gag. Also, there were news headlines a few years ago that the Navy and Marines in San Diego had stopped issuing base leave to sailors and marines who they thought would be headed to Tijuana, because of the high risk of norteamericanos being kidnapped and held for ransom. Comparing those stories to TUSCL reviews of Tijuana leads me to think they might have actually been trying to keep our servicemen away from HK and Adelitas.

6 comments

• warhawks
    8 years ago

Wait... you mean Blue Waffle isn't a real STD?

Huh. I thought everything you read on the internet was true and not a work of fiction, (like this site...)
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    So it's OK for officers to get STDs?
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Maybe the officers have a better health plan.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i was enlisted navy 1969-1973. they did try to scare us. worked on me.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    When I arrived in Japan back in 1964 we were given the VD lectures along with the film. I'm sure part of it was to reduce VD among the troops but the bigger reason was security. "loose lips sink ships".

The lectures didn't do much good in preventing STD's. I remember one guy telling me that there were 30 guys on his C-130 flight from Saigon back to Japan and 29 of them had their cocks wrapped in toilet paper from visiting 100 P( piastres) alley in Saigon. The one who didn't, did not partake of the prostitutes. On the other hand I don't know personally of any one that got any thing from a Japanese prostitute.

As for Tijuana there was a period back in the 70's when it was off limits to military personnel due to rampant violence.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Blue Waffles and Black Gonorrhea may scare away some servicemen, but ain't nothin' gonna hold back SJG from going to Tijuana, oh wait, his mom won't let him go forget that I said anything.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion