tuscl

Sexist??

With all the talk on sexism and statements made by individuals about women and women votes and women women women I have to wonder and write about sexism. I believe it to be simple. If a woman is offended by such talk then it is sexist in nature and anyone should avoid talking in that manner around that person. However if the person is not offended then how can it be labeled as sexist if its not directed at you. Example being entertainers. I am an entertainer and if someone said to me nice ass or nice tits etc I see that as a compliment. I can understand that some would not but I do. Seems to me that a lot of women want the best of both worlds. Show cleavage to avoid the ticket or wear a short skirt to land the job but oh god forbid you say something bad about me or about my body. Bad meaning perverted etc. I don't and wont condone making someone feel bad about themselves or even uncomfortable but ladies lets be real men like women and certain areas of women more then others, This is nature. Its going to happen and the only real difference is if you know about it or not. Respecting a women is great but in the back of almost every guys mind is what you look like naked. And from most women I know. me included our thoughts aren't as pure as most would like you to know either. Stop playing the sexist card and address the situations as they come up if you feel uncomfortable about it.

17 comments

• founder
    8 years ago
    Well said
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    If I'm walking down the street and a stranger says "nice ass," imo that would make me uncomfortable and feel threatened. I don't care if I'm wearing skimpy clothing. I'm a petite woman and don't want strange men making passes at me, because that is sexual assault. Simple as that. Some women end up fearing for their safety in those types of situations (wondering if the guy is going to further his actions by trying to feel her up, or worse...)

Whereas, in the strip club, "nice ass" is a compliment and a perfect segue into more money. Like my ass? Want it in your face? Let's go to VIP. In a strip club setting this behavior is "acceptable" because tits and ass are literally our assets, among other things. Plus, strip clubs have management and usually bouncers or security that is meant to protect you, thus providing a much more safer environment than many non strip club settings.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Gee, founder surfaces. Hi founder. Sexism is rampant anywhere there are 2 sexes. Agreed, poledancer, if I had fine breasts I'd have flaunted them a few days back when the State cop pulled me over. Fortunately, he just gave me a warning. My sister was very,very pretty when she was young. She used her femininity to get out of tickets.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I agree Poley, and what really makes our day is when you post pics we enjoy them.
  • whodey
    8 years ago
    "I'm a petite woman and don't want strange men making passes at me, because that is sexual assault."

Nina, every time a guy makes a pass at a girl he doesn't know it is sexual assault? How the hell is anyone supposed to meet a civilian to start a relationship if they aren't allowed flirt?

I can understand if you let them know you're not interested and they keep harassing you, but one simple comment or compliment?
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    If I walk past a stranger and they say "nice ass," that's not a simple comment, it's a comment that any man with sense would know not to make to a woman they don't know. That's also not a good way to start flirting with a civ. That's just my opinion. Guys who yell nonsense at women walking down the street are ghetto or trashy or both, so they can save those lines for ghettos trashy bitches who might be flattered by it.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Trying to appease the masses here? Lol
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    The fuck are you talking about?
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Not you, Nina. Addressing the OP.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Whodey and Nina are a bit apart.

The example Nina said "nice ass" would probably be offensive to almost every woman if it came from a stranger on the street. I'm not sure I'd call it "sexual assault" but it's close. No doubt it would probably make just about any woman feel uncomfortable no matter how thick her skin is.

As for Whodey if that same guy said to Nina something like "I like your dress" or "you are very attractive" or "you look fantastic today" most women would find that much less offensive and more appropriate. Still some women would find any compliment at all about their looks offensive.

It's funny Nina compared it to talk inside a strip club because things are said inside a club that are acceptable that any guy with a drip of sense would never say outside a club. Is that a double standard?
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    sclvr5005 - ah ok, makes sense lol. I mistook you for txttyfag because of the avatar. Should have known it wasn't him by the fact that your English is not broken. :)
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    If tittyfag is using my avatar it doesn't surprise me one bit. He's a cowardly turd who I have had on ignore forever and I get alot of satisfaction out of him knowing that. He's pathetic and not worth even a mention here.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    well said pole dancer.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Founder reads all the threads :)

Yeah, telling a girl she has a nice ass in the strip club as compared to on the street is obviously a lot different.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I respect women up the wazoo.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Most of these guys have swallowed the Far Right's doctrines of Politically Correct and Reverse Racism and Reverse Sexism. Just ignore them.

SJG
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    I agree that on the street "Nice Ass" is probably *not* a good way to start a conversation with a civie- unless of course she's walking a burro on a tether. In that case, what else could you say???
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion