tuscl

when's the last time you visited a "new" SC?

gothamyte
from that Adam Westsiiiide of Gotham
earlier this year i visited a strippies i haven't been to before since i had free passes.
and i think once last year.
before that, i haven't been to a "new" spot in years.

surprised me when i realized that i don't go check out "new" spots.
there's a host of venues i haven't been to yet. no reason why.
i always say i'm gonna go check 'em out, but don't follow through.
just keep hittin up my regular spots.

13 comments

• DandyDan
    8 years ago
    The last new strip club for me was Kappa Kabanna, Kappa, IL in 2012. It's just too far for me to go to ones I haven't been to before, but I'm moving soon, so that could change.
  • RTP
    8 years ago
    I travel frequently and love to visit new clubs. I have been doing this for many years, but have probably visited 5 new clubs in 2016. I get most of my inspiration/information from members on this site. I try all types of clubs, although I like high mileage and don't really like low mileage, expensive clubs. If I wanted that, i would just go to the Men's Club a few miles from my home.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    About a month ago when I took a strip club trip to Philly & NJ from my homebase of Miami
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    A couple months ago I tried a club in Daytona but left after one beer.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I try to get in at least one new club a year.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    New to me, last night (see my review of Dangerous Curved in Wheeling WV).
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    January 13, 2016 "the Crazy Horse" in Forest Park GA. Club has now changed it's name to "Horse Play" and I revisited it a couple of weeks ago. I'll stick with Follies.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    last time (and so far the only time) i have visited a new club (and truly new as a strip club) was mid august at deja vu tijuana. i was there the second nite of operation. drank a few beers and enjoyed one dancer close up. might check in again tonight when passing through to or from hong kong.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I checked out two new (to me) strip clubs in my hometown in 2016, and one new one while traveling. Not bad! I'd have lots more choices if I were a nightshift guy
  • impala
    8 years ago
    Might check out another new to me club tonight. It's great to be back in the game!
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    They have lots of rules now about placement of "Adult Entertainment". Most of these are unconstitutional, but no matter. Most people don't have the resources to fight them. I'm sure this is why in some places strip clubs have been added behind adult bookstores.

Where I am, San Francisco Bay Area, I can't say that I have ever seen a new one open. In fact, what I have seen is local authorities get them closed, usually by getting the building torn down.

We have an on and off again underground circuit which operates in Mexican Bars, usually just once per week per bar. And then there have been some Mexican / Vietnamese venues. But again, these eventually get closed down, if not torn down.

If you were to do it, just work with a bar owner so you can be the talent agent and put on a weekly show. But be prepared, you probably will end up in jail, as our talent agents have.

A high ranking executive with Deja Vu had contacted me and we discussed much. He said that the strip club industry is dying across the entire country. It is because of the slow economy. He is responsible for many clubs across the country, and he reads their nightly accounting reports. And Deja Vu clubs are generally run very professionally.

I say it is also because of these local ordinances about "Adult Entertainment".

And I think it is also because most clubs at least to a degree depend on alcohol. Even though I prefer no alcohol because it yields a better environment and a higher grade of dancer, the places which have lots of clubs per capital, like Portland and Atlanta, all impose zero special alcohol rules about nudity.

And then, public and legal tolerance for intoxicated drivers continues to drop. So I say that any kind of a bar is a bad proposition today.

What I think is the future of strip clubs are the membership clubs. These are built on the swingers club model. Since it is not a retail business, it is exempt from all laws pertaining to public lewdness or sex.

It is not exempt from the state penal code against prostitution, but in such situations it becomes impractical to enforce.

But a membership club cannot sell alcohol, so it has to be BYOB or No Alcohol.

Now there are some clubs which seem to be bending rules, tying to play things multiple ways. Probably if challenged, they will not prevail.

There are currently no such membership clubs near me. But there was a Swinger's Club, Edgewater West, in Oakland by the airport. From my vantage point it seemed like probably they were also incorporating pay for play sex with strippers they brought in. This is my perception, and no one else has confirmed this.

But, it is no more, as Oakland has gotten their lovely motel with inner court yard building torn down.

There is the new Deja Vu Tijuana! Listening for reports to see if it is really going to be as good as the Hong Kong Bar, and that is all about front room GFE.

SJG

Wicked Lady - Blow Your Mind 1972 Album
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg0joFSR…
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I got to correct one thing. Sunnyvale Kit Kat Club, now Cheetahs' is new. Opened about '90 or '91. But the owner had to sue Sunnyvale to get his business license. And then within a few months, lots of people had criminal cases.

Club Anti, in San Mateo, now long gone, might have been new.

What they might have done is peel of the basement of a building which may have been officially part of this blues bar, "Vibes". This way, they had a business license and an alcohol license, but, there was no official record that a strip club was in town.

Was this legal, given that the same guy owned both businesses, so Club Anti was not the official name. And do you need a license for strippers? Originally they did not have a stage.

Well I would say yes it is legal, but the authorities have other ideas.

So most of what I have seen is just people bending the rules and setting up rather clandestine operations.

And then that San Jose Gold Club, that is really new, just a year or two. But again, very politicized. People on the neighborhoods group talking about how that will cause street prostitution, and they are already all over bus stop prostitutes.

So even Mayor to be Sam Liccardo was voicing his opposition.

In many places, the terrain is harsh. And even in San Francisco, nothing new opened.

Pink Diamonds was I think a bar, where they added a stage, and stripper / hookers, and some street hookers, but most of the clientele had originally been Drag Queens. Anyway, closed now, along with Market Street Cinema and Chez Paree.

Anyway, my friend with Deja Vu said the industry is dying, so why open more.

But they have their new one in TJ.

And I say that the membership club model is the way of the future. And any biz which depends on alcohol is a loosing proposition today.

SJG
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    2 weeks ago but I practically fell asleep so I don't remember it well.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion