tuscl

Top Rated 100 Clubs

How many of you looked at the top 100 list?
I just looked it over and wow how is that list compiled.
I get around the country a lot and have been in maybe 16 or so of the listed and most of them are pathetic.Example:
#79 Hip Huggers in Kokomo, IN dump country bar with nothing over a 5 there, they do not have a vip area nor even a semiprivate place and Flight Club is #96!. The dances are on stack chairs along the wall and are usually low mileage. # 69 Rhode Island Dolls is frighteningly sad with #70 Penthouse and outstanding place in Detroit. #98 Cowboys in Lexington = crack head loose old skin moms(not milfs) or fat.
I realize the ratings are based on reviews most of which are local comparing the area places but how can an Alabama bar make it into the top 10 and not #70 Penthouse in Detroit.
Some of the place on this list I have never reviewed because they were so bad I did not stay long enough to be able to write a complete review.
How many on the list have any of you been to and what is you opinion of the ratings.
Yes I know you should read the reviews before going in anywhere but some of these rating a comical.

22 comments

• TxVegas
    8 years ago
    I have been to 25 of the top 100. I think the ratings are based on the number of reviews a person has. So, if you have more reviews, your opionion is given more weight. In addition, I think the reviews are for the last twelve months only when determining the ratings.

I have mixed opinions about the actual ratings. When a person with many reviews gives a high review to a club with only a few reviews, it can skew the ratings. I agree, you have to read the reviews more than rely on the point values. But, the relative ratings in a town are often helpful. It balances the local bias out.
  • nj_pete
    8 years ago
    I must be "slipping" have only been to 4 of these. But then again I think some like Playhouse Lounge in Burlington NJ should be on this list.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    i would add to this that the ratings are not comparable all over, i mean if you only have one or two lousy clubs in your area, unless you are a traveling monger you don't really have a perspective to compare it to. Or if you club in a great area like South Florida or Detroit, you might feel that a decent club in Chicago or Indianapolis or some other area is terrible, yet it might be perfectly acceptable for those that have never experienced the clubs in other areas and I believe that skews the rating a lot.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I agree - often times someone will give a glowing review of a club and I'm like "was I in the same club as that person? Because even if I got blown for free I still think the club sucks."

Ive been to 30, and any club in Pittsburgh has no business in the top 100 let alone top 20.

To put it in perspective the number 2 club is a massage parlor in Toronto. It's good, but it is definitely not a strip club.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Yeah - the current rating system can be a crapshoot - sometimes it's accurate; sometimes not- IDK if does more harm than good? I guess a "top-club" that may be a "top-cub" b/c it's in a shitty SC area can still be a "top-club" for *that* area, IDK if this is a good or bad thing?

Off the top of my head I can't think of a way for clubs to be rated accurately if it's open to the interpretation of all PLs - thus IDK if the ratings do more harm than good or if it's better than nothing?
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Well look at it this way, even the clubs I have been in that I do not agree with being on the list... they all are always busy so number of reviews good or bad may weigh heavily on ratings.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i have been to five of the top ten...
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    and 16 of the top 100 .
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    I was a big rhino fan for a while.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I'm surprised to see Cheetah in Atlanta ranked number 12 overall. If you read the discussions on Cheetah here, you would think Cheetah ain't a good club.

The ranking system is not 100% foolproof, because some of the clubs on there have like 70 reviews, and other clubs have over 1000 reviews.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Cheetahs has the best looking girls in Atlanta and is the most upscale. The casual club goer would automatically rate it high, that may be a reason it's ranked so high.

Now Larry, go write another fake review.
  • goldmongerATL
    8 years ago
    Mons Venus not on the list at all?
  • nemesisk7
    8 years ago
    justme62 i can tell you the best clubs are not in the US
  • Clackport
    8 years ago
    I've had the opportunity to travel a bit, and it'd be hard for me to rank any club higher than Baby Dolls Dallas right now.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    There are two issues with the rankings. First, a club's rating is an average of atmosphere, dancer looks, and value. As shailynn points out, a club like Cheetahs ATL is skewed high because of atmosphere and dancer looks by customers who are not there for the follies treatment. Furthermore, value is very much a individual concept. Some people will see $40 for two hrs in a club with free beer to be a good value without ever looking for an ounce of mileage. Second, (as stated multiple times), comparative rankings are (at best) only valid within a metro area. Classic example, yes, Savannah's is the best club in Harrisburg PA, but there is no way in hell it is the best club in PA. However, since Savannah's competitors are varying orders of magnitude worse, Savannah's ends up with a disproportionately high rating.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I don't think there are 100 good clubs in the US.

There definitely are regional biases. King of Diamonds in Minnesota is probably better than anything within an 8 hour drive of it. It has its charms (cute women, fully nude with beer and you can get very close to the dancers on stage), but its overall rating has always exceeded its "true" value. Meanwhile the second tier clubs in Detroit are competing against the first tier.

Finally, different clubbers want different things. A lot of guys who post on the boards are very mileage driven, where your more casual goer probably cares more about dancer hotness and booze availability.
    8 years ago
    Everyone has their own taste in clubs - I would love to see a fourth rating in each review for "mileage" because many ppl rate high value for a $3 beer when all the dances in that club are total air. Of course "mileage" can be subjective too though.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Agreed. When I write reviews

Dancer rating considers looks, attitude, and willingness to please.

Dollar value takes drinks, cover charge, parking, dance prices, and mileage inton account.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    ^^^So you guys are looking to get the clubs to admit that they are whorehouses. Not gonna fly, if you publish YMMV ratings than that's possibly the end of TUSCL.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    Good point
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Not neccesarily. Sw has a "mileage expected" spot on their reviews with the choices being air dance, medium contact, hard contact and no comment. Tuscl could have the same thing or something similar but more realistic(because lbsh they sometimes claim hard contact for anything other than air dance). Although I don't know how extras would fit into it this way.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I like eating Cheetos and jerking off while free lance writing my reviews
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion