tuscl

OT Rant about Apples new 10.0.2 update for ipad

Sunday, October 2, 2016 9:54 AM
It's buggy. I hate it. I have to press the home key twice now to get to the unlock screen. I like my device to stay completely locked and immediately go to the unlock screen when powered on. Now it shows some kind of news screen and let's you cycle to other screens and even acccess the camera. No one should be able to use my iPad unless they know the code to get in my iPad in my opinion. I don't want to read news, go through a second press of the home button, or have acccess to my camera before unlocking the device. Now a minute ago, I was going to play a paid monopoly app but found out now that doesn't work either. This is the worst apple iOS upgrade ever in my opinion. It's annoying when I type trying to use an apostrophe and I have to switch to the number keypad because a t usually comes after the apostrophe. Did that change too? I'm wondering about resetting everything back and maybe installing an old iOS but haven't backed up for months.

9 comments

• sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Monopoly reviews now for the app are a consistent one star out of five even among people who used to enjoy playing the game. I'd give the same rating to apples new iOS update, I might attempt to reset my iPad even if I lose data.
  • Aaron_hip
    8 years ago
    I use iphone6 and I have the same complaints. For me, the worst is that the messages from different apps are showing up bright and large on the locked screen! People should not be able to see my messages unless I unlock it. WTF. I had to go into each app's setting to disable the notification.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I hated the new ios so much, I'm attempting a restore on my ipad. I updated everything, new itunes because the one I had was out of date. Backed up files or pics. Downloaded old isp from here [view link] and hit shift key and restore button in itunes. Apparently I have to set up my ipad like a new device all over again and download everything I've purchased in the itunes store. Been doing this all afternoon. The isp file was over 2 gig. Using this site here. [view link] Very aggravating just to get my ipad back the way I had it.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    meant to say the old ipsw file not isp file.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I've talked to 1 person that loves it, several that hate it, and 1 that likes it after they got used to it. I haven't updated any of my crap yet, too afraid of the ensuring misery.
  • RyanWilliams64
    8 years ago
    To the OP - the reason it is showing the news screen before unlock is probably that you are trying to slide the screen to unlock it the old way. You just need to press the button twice; no swipe at all. That's if the phone is sitting someplace like on your desk. I find if I take it out of my pocket it detects the motion and already displays the screen so I just have to press the button once and then enter my passcode.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I am frustrated. Monopoly app doesn't work anymore and I paid money for it. It was working fine before these updates. I tried restoring from backup and my iTunes has a problem with not recognizing backup passwords. Went back to the most recent iOS just to get a functioning iPad. Seems like an error with iTunes not recognizing backup passwords.
  • Jascoi
    8 years ago
    i do not like it either.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    "You can't fight city hall." --> this is generally my advice when dealing with Apple products. You need to kind of do things the way Apple "expects" you to do them. Android is probably just as good if not a better platform for most people. Recall Apple (then known as "Apple Computer") was always known as "the Computer for the REST OF US," not "the Computer for the MOST of us," or "the ALL of us." So take that into consideration. My wife had gripes about iOS 7 and 8 so we moved her to a Samsung Phablet 2 years ago and she has not looked back. Gripes about they way Apple forces one to work are nothing new. I come from a programming background so I'm used to more flexibility and control. But being a programmer I am also lazy so I do appreciate it when some things just work. I freely move back and forth as I don't like to get locked into anything.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion