tuscl

Hip Hugger in Kokomo

A tornado hit Kokomo IN. Hopefully the girls at the Hiphugger are ok. Does anyone know from the area.

26 comments

• sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    The place is a shit hole. I hope it was empty at the time and it was picked up and destroyed. It is that bad.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    It was bad in Indiana today with 27 tornados reported.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    IDK - but apparently the weather radar picked up a whole bunch of G-strings flying around in the atmosphere - hope our hos are alright.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    I saw some bad pics of Kokomo today not sure if it hit the hugger or not.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I read on line that a Starbucks at the Markland Mall was leveled. I've driven thru that area a lot. That's close. Very very close
  • bossman3041
    8 years ago
    Yes it was close.... Block and 1/2 south of the Hugger. All seems safe....
  • Timex345
    8 years ago
    That was my thought. I hope the Hugger wasn't damaged.
    The Hugger is like a cockroach. It will take more than a tornado to destroy that place.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Next time there, check for roaches in your pocket when you leave.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    Sometimes shit holes are more fun ; )
    I knew it was close to the hugger. Lots of nice sluts work there. Glad they will live to suck another dick !
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Lol@vincemichaels- even the roaches wouldn't stay there. The place is condemnable.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    Found through a friend that Hip Huggers had a closure on the night of the storm due to a power outage but its business as usual now. Little Daddies did not fare so well, the door is locked and there is a large tarp over the roof where apparently it took some damage- might be closed for a while.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update and information Hugh ! I could tell from the pictures on the news that this passed very near Markland Ave and very near the Hugger. I believe Little Daddies is just a few blocks west and a block or two south of Markland Ave. The Tornado came from the west. They would have been hit first. If anyone else has more details please add what you know.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    Never been (and never will) but have heard only bad things about the place, like the fact that women are forbidden to get lap dances. Are they kidding with archaic shit like that? Too bad it didn't get picked up and dropped somewhere in Afghanistan.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    You're right lopaw this is not a ladies club, but a lot of ladies work there and seem to do ok financially at only $10 per dance. The key here is they get to keep whatever they make and don't have to split it with the house. If you hussle you can do very well there as a dancer.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    jestrite50:

IDK if you are aware that lopaw is a female custy; not a dancer nor a male custy
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    @jestrite50 - not sure what you mean by a "ladies club", but any club in the year 2016 that forbids half the population from getting a lapdance I wish nothing but bad things for. I don't care about the financial health of that place or the dancers that decide to work there. As far as I'm concerned the owner is an ignorant jackass and I wish nothing but bad things for him.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    What I mean lopaw is its not a club where a lady would want to go. Simply that. I have no love for this rednecked mother fucker either but he provides affordable entertainment for men with very little cash to spend. If you've got $13 as a man you can get a beer and a lap dance of fair quality just like the big shots in the Hamptons. He is a dinosaur that believes Gentleman's clubs are for gentlemen. Sorry it's just what it is. Like I'm saying I'm not saying his view is right and I'm not defending the son of a bitch but he does provide a service for low income men in the little town of Kokomo IN where due to the current economy most men are out of work and could never afford the Indy clubs. Just sayin no need to get excited : ) Smile Now !
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo
    Hell yes I know lopaw is a custy. How long do you think I've been around this board. We've PM'd before when some of the other lady custies on here had girlfriend problems and I've asked her to pm some of my lady friends to bring them back from the edge.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    I do get that jestrite50. All I can say is that the owner is very lucky that he hasn't been sued YET.
  • jestrite50
    8 years ago
    I agree ! It is only because of where he is that he can continue to operate. There are a few clubs around yet that do goofy things like that. Maybe someone needs to start a ladies only club in Kokomo!
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    @Lopaw Sad situation yes, but we are talking Indiana here, not exactly a place with a record for being LGBT friendly. Think of the Governor turned Trump's running mate, Mike Pence- his agenda was never an LGBT friendly one. There is a mindset in the leadership of the Hoosier state that allows this to continue for what it is worth. Oh well, just passing on what I heard elsewhere.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    lopaw,

It's been 8 to 10 years since I have been to the Hip Hugger, but when I was younger and lived in Indiana, I was a weekend regular at times.

I'm not defending their actions. But they are an equal opportunity discrimator. The rumor was they didn't allow black customers. That's not entirely true. I saw a few black customers there - the dancers were told not to dance for black guys. At least thats the way it was years ago.

Kokomo is not a tiny village. It's a small city of 50 to 60 thousand people with a lot of ties to the automotive industry. It's not what it once was, but I think Chrysler still operates 3 plants there and employs over 5000 people.

The problem is Kokomo sits in the middle of central Indiana surrounded by white redneck farmers. Kokomo once (maybe still?) had strong ties to the Klan. In the 1920's Kokomo held the largest Klan rally ever. Over 200,000 people attended.

Im just giving you a little history of Kokomo. They have a long history of discrimination against blacks, women, and Catholics. That mindset is hard to change.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I never considered it to be a dive bar. It's not really that bad. But I did feel out of place at times. I usually wore a Polo golf shirt and Khaki dockers. Everyone else either wore a Jeff Gordon NASCAR T-shirt, or a John Deere t-shirt with a Pioneer Seed Corn hat, or bike clothes with their wallet on a chain.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    The dancers there are still told not to dance for black guys. Heard it myself. Unbelievable that nobody has legally called that prick of an owner on it. But all he has to do is piss off the wrong brother (or woman) that isn't a poor & ignorant local hick and it's hello lawsuit.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    I've always preferred Dives and Shit Holes, at least as we have had locally, like this place George's Rock'n Robin, on White in East San Jose.

At the regular clubs you are paying lots of money for the veneer of respectability. At the shit holes it is just between you and the women. They don't make enough money dancing to be there only for that.

SJG
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Lol. If these things are true, yeah Fuck this place.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion