tuscl

I'm "popular" in the strip club world

larryfisherman
California
Sometimes on Facebook I'll see these people with like 5,000 Facebook friends, and I only have a little over 1,000 friends. I think to myself, I'm popular too, whenever I go to a strip club all the girls come over to talk to me. The girls make it seem we're good buddies! The only thing that's required out of me is money!

What if the strip club world was the real world? Then I would be really popular on Facebook lol.

19 comments

• timothyjames55
    8 years ago
    Ha, that's where I'm most popular as well. I've got a great reputation in my favorite club. Unfortunately it's as a big spender, so it's come at a cost. I think it's mostly just important to realize that it's all fake, they don't want you, they want your money. You're in charge; you decide how you spend and on who.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    When you gauge your popularity on how many friends you have on a website, how many people follow you on Instagram, or how many strippers are nice to you inside a club, you're probably not that popular in real life.

It's becoming two different worlds. The life you have on social media, and your real life. It seems the more extravagant someone's social media life is, the more shitty their real life is.

One of my main reasons on still having a Facebook account is to see the daily train wrecks unfold before me, as a form of entertainment.

Live your real life, be dead in your social media one.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    I understand that Shailynn. Society though looks how many followers or Facebook friends you have to gage popularity.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Really, FB? I would have thought it was (1) how many people visit you when you are sick or in the hospital or (2) how many people help you when you are down on your luck or (3) how many people come to your funeral or something like that.

I don't even have a FB account.

I have 3 Props on Tuscl. Maybe that counts for something? ;) Haha.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    ^ Wisdom from Dominic. When you die and go to the pearly gates, are you more likely to be asked "How many Facebook friends do you have?" or "How many sick or poor or imprisoned people did you help?" Popularity on social media has *nothing* to do with how popular you are in real life, let alone with how good a person you are.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I'm a homosexual does this not matter ?
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    You're preaching that the choir my TUSCL brothers.

I'm just talking about society. The society that makes the Kardashians revelant. The society that makes Justin Bieber relevant.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Maybe there are ways that the "real world" could be more like a strip club.

SJG
  • s88
    8 years ago
    My FB is ONLY people I've seen or spoken to before offline. I dont FB friend strippers either (except one, I went to a rock concert where she was a singer). I have a decoy instragram without any photos of me for that.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Op-Ed follows:
    First, the strip club is a predator-prey model. Tempess666's quote is "dancers like customers the way my boas like the mice I feed them." I'm preaching to the choir since you already get that; it's your money that's popular it's not Larry who's popular. Second, social media popularity becomes a perversion for people when their sole purpose becomes competing for followers rather than staying connected with their followers. Third, at what point does social media become (IMO) too much: "when you break out of character for recognition and not for growth."

When you are talking about Kardashians and Beiber that is popularity from notoriety rather than fame. They are famous from being recognized (on TV or media) not through accomplishments. This is not an achievement to be recognized.

One reason we envy celebrities is because we are bombarded with media images of how the rich and famous spend their money, and they have a lot of influence because of a flashy lifestyle that includes Rolls-Royce cars, mansions and closets the size of most apartments"

If you start acquiring the accouterments of celebrities, you'll cause relationships in your life to shift. "The envy you feel for celebrities -- now others will have that envy for you, and that doesn't do much for authentic relationships."

I guess in a way Larry, your thesis *was* correct. You are popular (money envy) with dancers the way celebrities are popular (lifestyle envy) with society. :)
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    How many social media friends are really friends? I'd rather have 5 true loyal friends in real life than 500,000 on FB.

Social media is so linked to the whole millenial mindset. It's just tough to tell which causes the other.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    My fb friends list is 13 right now lol
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    VM friends Juice and s_j_gay.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I don't friend strippers on Facebook, People I know in real life, that I've known for awhile are my FB friends.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Vince bingo
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I tried the hole 1,000 friends before and I had all kinds of comments and likes but I didn't really know anyone lol

So I made my fb a place for my true friends that I know off and on line

So my number is at 13 lol
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    And basically no body comments and likes my threads now but hey I know ever body LMFAO
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    As far as being popular in the strip club not even close...I'm such a Jew with my cash most bitches don't even fuck with me
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    The only places I'm famous is the chackin house and tuscl lol
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion