tuscl

skip cover charge with elevator trick (NOT)

s88
New York
Monday, August 15, 2016 11:00 PM
Cover is $20 at this SC. No drink minimum. I went to a SC where in the lobby there are 4 doors. Door 1, to sidewalk. Door 2 to main floor. Door 3 to coat check (dead end AFAIK) Door 4, elevator to roof smoking area. Lobby has the cover cashier (tonight cover cashier is the SC manager due to slow night) and a bouncer checking IDs and a coat check woman behind coat check counter. Cover cashier and coat check are on opposite walls of the lobby. I walk into this SC, I see a man, egh, I want to say arguing, but it is a civil, not screaming, not agitated tone, so I'll say "a man talking". He doesn't have a wrist band, but he says he doesn't need one when the manager asks to see it in the middle of the lobby, he tells the manager his friends are already inside and he is with a group and he already checked in his jacket into coat check. Manager says he needs a wrist band. Customer then claims, he doesn't need to pay the cover and get the wrist band because he just "came to smoke" and only use the roof and he doesn't need a wrist band because the cash register counter where you are asked to show your wristband is next to the door to main floor so the wrist band is for main floor, and the elevator to roof is "free" for everyone because it is in the lobby before you reach the cover cashier. The manager tells him "are you coming in or going?". Customer says he can't go because of his friends. Manager tells him "are you in or out? make up your mind". Customer says I'm going, goes to coat check, gets his jacket (yeah, he paid $6 for coat check already), and leaves out the door to the sidewalk. I then pay my cover uneventfully. Cheap motherfucker or what? I've never seen a LD on roof at this SC, and there is a always bouncer on a stool on the roof. Sometimes strippers and customers go together to the roof, but its just to smoke and drink bringing their own glasses with them in the elevator. This SC has no waitresses, only bus boys that collect empty glasses. I really dont know what this customer was trying by trying to say the roof was free, or his angle was come out of the elevator, and claim he is a customer, or that cash register person wont remember his face and will assume he is a customer because he came out of the elevator and not the sidewalk door?

7 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    IDK, but I've used the old, I'm with a group approach before. LOL It works on occasion.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    As a customer, I'd be afraid to use that elevator / roof areas, I'd be thinking "I'm going to get charged cover *twice* by these guys, for sure!" I think there are legitimate ways to get out of paying cover charges but what he was doing wasn't one of them!
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Whenever I'm stepping out to use the phone or run to my car, I always tell the bouncer or cashier that I'll brb or at least make eye contact. I also always try chat up the cashier on the way in, just for kicks. I'm just not cheap enough to use deception to avoid cover charges.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    This is all made up shit
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    I don't think it's made up. It's just absolutely uninteresting.
  • dalcowboyfan
    8 years ago
    or he could just climb the side of the building to get on the roof I believe that guy who tried to climb Trump Tower would love this place
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Yeah, I'd love to see video of a maniac climbing the building to get to the roof.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion