tuscl

Successful Net-casting in the Craigslist Platonic Section

Saturday, July 16, 2016 5:06 PM
Well, I"ll be damned. Every once in awhile, when I'm taking a break from the clubs, I sometimes place ads on Craigslist in the casual encounters section to relieve myself from boredom and to see if I might (by some stroke of incredible luck) find a woman who wants to hook up. I've never been successful (and usually receive only fake responses/spam). About a week or so ago, however, I placed an ad in the Platonic section asking if anyone loved books and wanted to start a miniature book club (which I *did* actually want to try to start). Several women responded. One was ok with meeting at a local coffee shop and talking about intellectual stuff for a few hours, and it was a pretty fun time. A few days later, she invited me over to her house to presumably talk about books and, long story short, we ended up having sex (I still can't believe it). She's a blonde soccer-mom type who's probably no higher than a 6, but she was attractive to me. My realization: the CL Platonic section, when played right, can be a perfectly workable place to hook up with women. Obviously it would be much harder work than just hitting the clubs, but it might be worth casting your net, even if you're just experimenting. If you've got some intellectual interests and can write reasonably well, you never know what you might find.

7 comments

• vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I agree that meeting a woman's mind is a good way to start things. When they like you, they like you and as you say, who knows what may happen.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    I've actually had two hookups off of CL. But that was before I started mongering. I could see that happening.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    If you've got some intellectual interests and can write reasonably well, you never know what you might find WTF ? It's Craigslist lol By the way I loved this story of adventure thank you for sharing. I also like to try dating sites and personal ads online and off to cast my net and stoke my luck
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    I wonder if I placed an ad about going out for chackin tanders if I could hook up
  • JimGassagain
    8 years ago
    I would like to start a club pertaining to cooking ideas. We could get it started and then see what we could cook up?? Brilliant! Or is that supposed to be "Ace"?
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I met my current g/f in the platonic section of C/L too. She answered my add on mushroom hunting in the woods. It turned out she hates the woods but liked my sense of humor in the add. We hit it off right away and was having sex after 3 dates and are still dating 3 years later. We're really just FWB as we're both still married, but she just rented an apartment and gave me a key so I can stop by any time I want.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    My feeling is that whether it be pro or civie, f2f first meetings are best. This way the girl can feel in her bones that you like her. This diffuses most of the tension, and she can see that you know how to assert yourself. I hear about meetings coming from online, and I always feel that the guy is being too timid, and that this probably turns the girl off. Where as f2f his confidence and assertion will shine. People say that online lets them meet people. But to me it just seems like a system for screening people out. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion