tuscl

Is this just a coincidence?

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
That two of the best US cities for strip clubs are rated as the two worst cities in the country?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-…

23 comments

• Meursault
    8 years ago
    I can't believe there are 17 places worse than Rockford, IL.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Shit
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I agree w.r.t. Miami - quality of life here is not that good if you are just a middle-class or even upper-middle-class person - def not a very diverse economy w/ a lot of major industries thus leading to low-wages but fairly high living costs (particularly housing due to the large influx of people) - and the large immigration def often lowers wages big-time and also increase crime.

Miami is fun if you got lots of $$$ and can party more than have to work - o/w not a good place to prosper nor raise a family IMO.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    Palo Alto CA ? Home of Stanford? HUh?
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    +1 Papi. :)

with that said, I did enjoy my brief vacation in Miami but I did get a sense of what you were saying while I was there. Both my cash and my AMEX were stretched while I was there, LOL!
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Sounds like a case of the mondays
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    "Palo Alto CA ? Home of Stanford? HUh?"

I read the article earlier today as well. Some of the factors on determining the crappy cities was if the housing market was outpacing what the average middle class citizen was making. I'd imagine that's one of the big reasons Palo Alto showed up.
  • whodey
    8 years ago
    8 out of the top 50 are in Ohio so I don't see any link between good strip clubs and making this list.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    LOL
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    "8 out of the top 50 are in Ohio so I don't see any link between good strip clubs and making this list."

8 of the top 50 means we're good at being bad! LOL
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    Miami #1, can't quibble with that, but there are some very nice areas outside of Miami in S. Florida.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    I'm honestly not surprised Miami has such high housing standards vs very low income. Companies are greedy and don't want to pay anyone. It's a wonder anyone can even afford to work let alone eat and sleep remotely comfortably. When you have a few 1%ers living in a city, the cost of living goes WAY up to the point where the less fortunate can't afford. And apparently the less fortunate FAR outweigh the rich and that doesn't sound like it should be good, but I can bet more wealthy folk will just waltz right on in and buy up and remodel foreclosed homes.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    Hey hey, check it out. New York, NY is on the list. Guess they know poverty when they see it. Even if it's number 44 on the list. Still bad to be on it regardless.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Dang, I'm glad they think Miami is worst. LOL Detroit is # 2. That's why when I'm down there I spend my time up the coast or over on Miami Beach.
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    vm,

Should have said when I USED to be down there. :)
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Well I think Phoenix is pretty good for clubbing and we arnt on the list so that's good!
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Oh, I'm returning. I've decided that Miami Beach needs me. :)
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I had to read the list twice to make sure that I didn't overlook Atlanta.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I was surprised at the choices as well, but it also took into account access to arts, education etc. It does not rake into account climate, taxes, natural disaster frequency and severity. I would never live in Miami, but I'm sure there are worse places.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Dirty cops equal more shit you can get away with
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Separation between rich and poor, lack of other sources of income, and also police busy with more important things, like crimes which have a victim. No coincidence. What is interesting is that the Dougster thesis that the 2015 boom would reverse the "whorification" or our strip clubs because it would lift all boats was completely bogus. That thesis a scam to promote that boom. Each boom and bust cycle leaves our country in a greater mess.

SJG

http://doxyspotting.com/?p=119092
  • Clubber
    8 years ago
    gam95,

I'll take our natural disaster over anyone else's!
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Perhaps, Clubber, but I prefer not to overheat 8 months of the year, as every day is in the 90's with disastrous humidity. :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion