tuscl

The last word...95-96 Bulls have the best combined regular and postseason record

2015-2016 Warriors...88-18....with no ring

14 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    That's Bull
  • TravelingGolfer
    8 years ago
    It don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that ring. Doo wop doo wop doo wop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYfF9VKM…
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    yep... you don't get banners for regular season wins
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Yup.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    I guess I missed Curry during the season because for 75% of the time in the finals he was average to good at best.

MJ was always great
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I'm not like the '72 Dolphins who celebrate others undefeated failures. GS had a season for the ages, but they choked it at the end and deserved to lose.

They might have been champions had they rested the key guys down the stretch and maybe settled for 70 wins, but 73 was important to them. Blame Kerr for that one.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    I agree. '95-'96 Bulls are still the best NBA team ever.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Resting the starters. That's a good question, think Kerr wanted to beat his own record since it's always been rumored Jordan and Kerr didn't get along that well.

Maybe the players pushed for it. It's hard for a coach to stomp on his players dreams even if it's not the best decision.

After all, Kerr probably wasn't that cocerned with his decision until game 6 of the finals.

I have a good question. What (if anything) would LeBron need to do to surpass Jordan? Just win 4 more titles? I don't think that will happen. Although I could see James appearing in 4 more titles series.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    LeBran and Jordan are different players in different eras and can never be compared head to head. James is the better athlete with better physical skills overall, but I'd pick Jordan first because he's a better basketball player. Both are on my personal all time best team.
  • mjx01
    8 years ago
    I agree with rockstar that an apples to apples comparison is impossible. IMO, the LeBron of Games 5,6,7 was the kind of play he has to bring EVERY night to justify such a debate. MJ (and to a fair degree Kobe in his prime) was out to assassinate the opponent every night. LeBron not so much IMO.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    To be fair, Kobe and MJ did not get rebounds, assists, and blocked shots like Lebron. And I've seen him destroy teams singlehandedly enough to rate him over Kobe
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    Sorry . . .

Defense: MJ was NBA All-Defensive First-Team 9 times and NBA Defensive Player of Year once. Led league in steals 3 times.

Offense: 10 times scoring champion and scored over 10 points in 866 consecutive games from 1986 to 2001.

Pedigree: 6 for 6 titles, 6 times Finals MVP, 5 times League MVP.

LeBron is among a half dozen great players in MJs considerable shadow.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Yup.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion