tuscl

Murder capitols

With the upcoming Detroit meet set for next Friday, I'd like to reassure our visitors that things are relatively safe here. Where we are meeting on Friday night is far enough out of Detroit, it's going to be OK. A few years back some unfortunate guy wandered too far away from the Penthouse Club on West 8 Mile in Detroit and got murdered. That's big city issues. Where we will be is relatively safe.

14 comments

• rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Chicago seems to be challenging Detroit as the Murder Capital of America...
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Sheesh, I hate when I misspell. It should have been "capital" :)
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    When I look at the FBI crime stats, "smaller" cities like St Louis, Jackson, Mississipi and New Orleans have higher per capita rates than Chicago
  • warhawks
    8 years ago
    Flint is usually in the top 5 or 10 cities for murders. We don't fuck around here in Michigan.

We should go to Flint.

Although we couldn't drink the water....
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Chicago has had excellent water since we stopped dumping the bodies in the river.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Now they are saying to chlorinate the water more heavily in Flint. The city says that's a bad idea as the chlorine will remove a protective coating on the polluted pipes. Yeah, let's all drink Flint water when we go to the Flight Club, They should offer it as a special.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    I only murder beers
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Nina told me to shut the fuck up....haha
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Fuck water I only drink Grape Four loko and stripper cum.

For someone whose driven back and forth between Inkster and 8 mile more times than I can count I've never had an issue. With that being said, I've never stopped and gotten gas at 1am on 8 mile either. I have almost shit my pants driving some of the routes my crazy gps has taken me to get to some 8 mile clubs though.

Flight Club is on Michigan Ave and just a few miles down the road there's a very nice section of restaurants and bars in Dearborn. I actually wouldn't be afraid to walk from flight club to my hotel if it wasn't such a long walk. Walking on 8 mile at night, well that's a different story.

Now, I was Binghamton a few weeks ago and I couldn't believe what I saw. On the main drag, I saw Warhawks Lamborghini aventador, Vince and his BMW i8, and Jack in his rolls wraith. Seriously though I saw all those cars - that section is overflowing in money, and here I thought I was being fancy because I was lucky enough to get a bmw 3 series as my rental car!
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Detroit has some very nice suburbs, like Grosse Pointe, Bloomfield Hills and Northville. The strip clubs may be located in shady areas, but the customers can be well-off, especially in upscale clubs like Coliseum, Penthouse and Flight Club.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

I always wanted a Lamborgini Diablo...
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Yes. I live in a very nice suburb. :)
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    I like my country place. :)
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    Most of the best Detroit clubs are not actually in Detroit.
    I would just be careful about where you go and watch where you park.
    If you go to Flight Club or Penthouse(actually in a sketchy neighborhood) you must valet park and you get out at the attended entrance.
    Bogarts has a well lit lot and has little around it. Henry's north has little light in the lot. Again they are in the outlying towns and it is bad business if the clubs have problems close around so I'd bet the word is out to leave the club goers alone, I think if someone was caught mugging a customer the bouncers would make sure they never made that mistake again.
    Strip club owners are not exactly the turn the other cheek type.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion