tuscl

Infidelity and Your Wife

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Weird this topic came up twice in days for me, but my buddies and I were talking about it, and Mrs S and I were talking about it too.

1. What percentage would you put the likelihood of a married woman having an affair when compared to a married man?

2. What's the likelihood of your wife having an affair on you?

Here's my reasoning. I have a tight knit group of 4 guys. All were/are married.
1 divorced guy - wife had an affair with much more successful and older man and left my buddy. This has been going on 7 years and I still don't think he's recovered.
2. Married guy - it's assumed wife constsly cheats on him, but he claims (at least to us) that he hasn't caught her yet. As far as I know, he has remained faithful since getting married but hasn't even been married for 2 years yet. When they were dating he cheated all the time.
3. Married guy - married over 10 years just started recently having an affair and creeping. Fights a lot with his wife (the breadwinner in the relationship) and I wouldn't be surprised if she eventually had or is having an affair. She used to be very quiet but when she became successful she has become very arrogantand jealous of others.
4. Married guy - creeps on his hot wife, she seems happy in relationship and oblivious to what he does.

#2 3 and 4 all have hot wives. If they weren't my buddies friends I'd sleep with them all. #4s wife used to be an NFL cheerleader.

Now to Mrs S., her friends and running at an about 50% divorce rate over the years and all marriages were broken up from affairs. Shocking to me, the girls had the affairs more than the boys.

19 comments

• Timex345
    8 years ago
    After reading, perhaps it is best I remain single. Women know. They are always 3 steps ahead of men. They won't suddenly leave without an exit strategy.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    Overall I think that we always assume that women are loyal and don't stray but we're deceiving ourselves. They are just better at hiding it.
    And when you think about it...who are the women that we are cheating with? Probably also married.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Slight edge to men. Slight.
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    Slight edge to men. Slight.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ Sorry in my rambling I forgot to mention the biggest point:

At least in my world, when it comes to marriages and affairs, the culprit has been the Female more than the Male in the relationships. I was shocked when I discovered that.
  • RandomMember
    8 years ago
    I've thought about this topic a lot. My guess is that women and men cheat on their spouses with about an equal percentage.

However men cheat for the pure animal thrill; women cheat for the emotional attachment. So if your wife is cheating, your marriage is far more likely to be over.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ that's a great point, I also think some women cheat for their own financial benefit. Trading up in the husband department so to speak.

Mrs S explained it to me, "Marriage for the 1st time is for love. Marriage for the 2nd time is for money."
  • CaraLynn87
    8 years ago
    always the woman for us.
  • Throwbackthursday
    8 years ago
    No shailynn, the biggest point is your wife, is she f%cking and sucking someone else.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    ^^^^ Who knows????? Considering all the shit that I do, if she was, I'd have to give her a hall pass.
  • Throwbackthursday
    8 years ago
    Thanks for honest answer
  • Lone_Wolf
    8 years ago
    I don't know the percentages but in almost every case where the wife is mega-hot, it is the wife that ends up cheating. Just too many dudes pursuing them and too much temptation to move up. Would rather rent them than marry them.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    "Thanks for honest answer "

Throwback - since you claim you're a psychology student, what's your take?
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Apparently the infidelity rates for men and women are comparable. Women often seek emotional fulfilment and validation while men are more likely to just want to get off.

Put another way, women have affairs when they are unhappy, men have affairs when they are content but sexually unsatisfied.

Because we've somewhat opened our marriage, I would hope she'd tell me before having an affair.

• san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    My ex wife never would have had a sexual affair.

The reason for this is that she wanted to be Right. She wanted to make me wrong.

But she was still completely disloyal to me. Its just her infidelities were in her idolatrous relationship with money.

SJG
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    I believe women cheat as much or more than men.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I had girlfriends cheat on me and when I found out they would say we should start seeing other people...lol
  • Imamutt
    8 years ago
    The disparity of the double standard (slut v stud) may be eroding with time and women coming into their own with strength and being in control in their own lives, rather than being dependent on men.
  • pensionking
    8 years ago
    My vote would be to go with the golden rule. He (or she) who has the gold makes the rules.

Leaving and/or cheating are two very different things. If hubby is loaded but un-attentive, wifey may cheat but probably not leave unless cheating partner is very well-off. Women rarely ever trade down. On the other hand, if she is breadwinner, she may cheat, leave or both.

I agree with Timex -- she will never leave without a solid exit strategy. Women don't leave for love unless they earn the coin,

Men are more horny than women and are more likely to cheat for passion or excitement.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion