tuscl

Gunshots outside Nixa strip club leads to 2 high-speed car chases

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
The Christian County Sheriff's Office is questioning three suspects in relation to a high-speed car chase that originated at a Nixa strip club, according to Lt. Jeff Lofton with the sheriff's office.

Lofton said there was a disturbance outside Illusions Gentleman's Club involving gunfire that resulted in two vehicles leaving the area.

Law enforcement pursued the two vehicles separately but simultaneously, Lofton said.

One vehicle crashed in south Springfield near the intersection of Campbell Avenue and El Camino Alto Drive, Lofton said.

He said it ran into a bystander's vehicle, resulting in no injuries to either party.

Deputies took the man into custody for questioning about that incident as well as others.

"We think he might know or have involvement in (other issues)," Lofton said.

The second vehicle continued north until it was stopped by law enforcement with spike strips near the intersection of Pythian Street and Prospect Avenue, Lofton said.

Lofton said two individuals were detained at the scene of the second vehicle.

One person is being held at a local hospital for observation, Lofton said, because he attempted to ingest an unknown amount of narcotic.

Lofton said the other man in the second car is in jail awaiting questioning.

Law enforcement has not released names or charges.

2 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    If this in Christian County, Missouri that's right in the heart of the Bible Belt. I live in Columbia for awhile and being s college town it was more progressive than other parts, but the religious stuff was out there. I'm surprised they have strip clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Damn - some odd names for those places - living in Christian County probably means one has some high standards to live up to.

When I read the title I thought Nixa was the name of the club (Nixa is a weird name to begin with) - according to Wikipedia Nixa is a city in Christian Co, Missouri.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion