tuscl

Again these NEWBIE RULES need to be reposted for the PATHETIC LOSERS.

Thursday, January 15, 2004 11:10 AM
Message FOR NEWBIES (and, unfortunately, for some naive veterans as well) – that is, for those guys who are about to go to a strip club for the first time there are some things you need to know. Some on this Board will attack these rules, but they either make their living in strip clubs and/or are junky customers – that is, pathetic losers hopelessly addicted to strip clubs. Some men can’t create satisfying relationships with women without buying their female companionship – it’s disgusting, but true. Others will claim I’ve been “burned” by a stripper – NOT TRUE! All monies I have paid strippers have been for clear-cut R-rated services, clearly negotiated ahead of time – and not a penny more. I caught on to the stripper MO very early, but some of my friends didn’t – they were not so lucky. BUT, they became believers of the RULES FOR NEWBIES, after they got burned. Ignore the detractors of the NEWBIE RULES, because they don’t have YOUR BEST INTERESTS in mind. Know, understand, and be guided by these rules and, while you’re in the strip club, you will be in control of your emotions and money at all times. With the NEWBIE RULES you will be OK!! 1st RULE) STRIPPERS ARE ONLY INTERESTED IN YOUR MONEY. With that single purpose some practice their trade with some sensitivity, but many (THE GREEDY ONES AND FOR WHO THESE RULES ARE ABOUT) couldn’t care less about your feelings. It’s very hard to tell the difference between the two types; since, many strippers are well-practiced con artists. To keep you buying more and more lap dances, many will feign or insinuate romantic interest in you. For this act, they use the glorified euphemistic term -- “fantasy.” They “believe” you actually want this “fantasy,” and they do it “TO OWN YOU” as a customer - that is, to get all your business and money. DON’T BELIEVE OR FALL FOR THE COME-HITHER BULLSHIT. Lovesick, self-deluded men desperately want to believe this “fantasy,” but it is important that it is extremely rare (essentially unheard of) for strippers to have a significant romantic hook-up with any customer. Likewise, don’t try to hustle a stripper; because, more likely, you’ll be the one who gets hustled, when she gets into you head and starts asking you for help with the rent, to buy dresses, to get her a car stereo, cover car payments, etc. IF MONEY IS NEEDED TO MAKE THE RELATIONSHIP WORK, THE RELATIONSHIP IS BULLSHIT – GET OUT ASAP. Don’t be naïve enough to think you’re going to be different, become a boyfriend, and/or get laid – you won’t – YOU’LL JUST BECOME ANOTHER ONE OF HER VICTIMS! YOU CANNOT BUY LOVE WITH MONEY OR COMPLIMENTS – don’t even try!! Strippers deal with dozens of men everyday – they’re experts at the stripper game!! The bottom-line is that they are not interested in you as a friend or boyfriend – YOU’RE ONLY AN INCOME SOURCE. Don’t put strippers onto a pedestal. The more a customer worships and idealizes a stripper, the more the stripper will think he’s a FOOL and mock him behind his back. Indeed, THE CUSTOMER WHO FALLS FOR THIS CRAP IS LETTING HIS NEEDINESS, LUST (“ENGORGED DICK & ISCHEMIC DYSFUNCTIONAL BRAIN”), AND OVER-INFLATED EGO OVER-POWER HIS GOOD SENSE. Any customer who allows himself to become a CHUMP deserves to be fleeced! – especially, if the customer has read these rules. 2nd RULE) Don’t feel obligated to pay strippers anything, except maybe a dollar tip, after their stage strip. Strippers are hardly dancers in the true sense. Many in the industry will promote the idea that taking off one’s clothes in a dark bar filled with swollen prostates automatically qualifies one as an artist, or at least a sex worker, rather than a stripper or, heaven forbid, a R-RATED HOOKER. Obviously, taking off your clothes doesn’t make you an artist any more than taking a shit does. Sure, I realize that even a sanitation worker is capable of performing his job with some measure of grace and nobility -- but he’s still a trash man [whoops, sorry a “sanitation engineer”]. Likewise, you can pick your nose with a certain degree of style and finesse -- but you’re still picking your nose (at least wipe the little “treasures” on a handkerchief). If you decide on buying lap dances, wait for the specific stripper you find attractive. Then, if she gives you satisfying and entertaining dances, continue; but otherwise, if things are not going well, stop ASAP. MAKE HER EARN HER PAY! – she’s working for you! You don’t have to tip. Except for the lap dances she performed for you, you owe her nothing. Know that she believes she owes you nothing beyond what you’re buying. Again, do not put strippers on a pedestal; IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY SHE ALREADY THINKS YOU’RE A SOMEWHAT VULGAR, LOW-LIFE NERDY GEEK ANYWAY -- OTHERWISE, WHY ARE YOU IN A STRIP CLUB BUYING COMPANIONSHIP? Also, keep close track of the number of lap dances, because SOME STRIPPERS WILL OVER CHARGE YOU. Keep control of your wallet at all times. Women, who strip, have debased their natural talents and sell sexual favors for money, and meet the dictionary definition of prostitute. The proper customer attitude in dealing with them is to consider them as R-rated providers (prostitutes), wherein all interactions are determined by an exchange of money and, thus, negotiated for a price. Strippers have nothing else to offer customers – IN A STRIP CLUB EVERYTHING IS A SHORT-LIVED, SUPERFICIAL CROCK-OF-SHIT! It’s all about money, and it’s not going to be different for you. 3rd RULE) Don’t believe what strippers tell you, THEY ROUTINELY LIE, LIE, AND LIE; and then, turn around and LIE, LIE, AND LIE some more. (If you don’t believe this, see note below.) This is done for two main reasons. First, strippers are paranoid of stalkers and don’t want to reveal potentially exploitable details regarding where they live, go to school, etc. Second, OVER 90% HAVE BOYFRIENDS, HUSBANDS, AND/OR CHILDREN; and, if you find out they are not available, they believe it will spoil the so-called “fantasy” for you and decrease your interest in them and their profit. They are correct; many guys are turned-off by this. Thus, expect strippers to lie about their real name, where they live, where they go to school, their family/social lives, their future plans, and whether they are already romantically involved. Expect that they will not wear their wedding rings. [Note: Quote from DDDancer (Colorado stripper)…"How do you refrain from calling a spade a spade? I don’t like the strong word LIE, but it is what we do. Our managers encourage us to. They coach us to have alternate identities to make us more interesting. Some of us are interesting anyway, so it’s a simple task, but other girls will make up going to collage, or being poets, hairstylists, peace corp. volunteers, etc., cause sitting at home all day until it’s time to work is not very interesting to a guy. They want a pretty picture of everything that surrounds you to build in their head."] 4th RULE) OFTEN, STRIPPERS ARE NOT NICE PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY IN REGARDS TO THEIR TREATMENT OF YOU – THE CUSTOMER! In their lives, as a customer, you will be placed in a special category of person. Just as prostitutes hate their “Johns,” strippers often resent and disdain their customers (yes, you’re a form of “John” too) -- who they don’t trust, don’t like, or find unattractive. Although they’ll never admit to it, MANY RESENT and DESPISE THEMSELVES FOR WHAT THEY MUST DO FOR YOU TO MAKE THEIR MONEY (e.g., expose their crotch in public, smell you ass, and rub your dick), AND THEY (NATURALLY) ASSOCIATE OR PROJECT THAT RESENTMENT and CONTEMPT ONTO YOU, THE CUSTOMER (don’t believe this - see NOTE #1 below). Some of the most mean-spirited, easily angered, vitriolic, and defensive people I’ve ever encountered have been strippers. DON’T EXPECT that they will look out for your feelings or best interests -- they won’t! In fact, strippers often don’t like or trust other strippers. They are competitive and very catty with each other. STRIPPERS ROUTINELY BAD-MOUTH EACH OTHER. Many refuse to associate with other strippers; and, many will report that 80 to 90% of the other strippers have serious emotional and other “issues,” which strippers believe make them poor choices as romantic partners. Many strippers lead a certain “life style” characterized by abundant “partying,” which includes drug use and promiscuity with both sexes (bisexual activities are common among strippers)(see NOTE #2 below). Moreover, it is interesting that many have inflated self images, consider themselves bona fide players (playettes), and very desirable beauties (yes, real girlfriend “catches”). BUT, YOU WILL FIND A BETTER CUT OF HUMANITY ALMOST ANYWHERE ELSE -- EVEN IN BARS! The vast majority of strippers are white trash with minimal job skills and even less character. Moreover, strippers are often self-centered, high maintenance people (some are bona fide psychopaths). Go elsewhere to find your serious romantic interests. Indeed, stripping is a lazy, cope-out type of occupation – just as the dictionary points out -- another form of prostitution. [Note #1: This another very telling comment posted on the TUSCL Board by an anonymous stripper, and it reflects the negative attitude some strippers have toward customers. Here it is, "…but don't you know what people think of men who go to strip clubs? - PATHETIC and forever UNDESIRABLE! No woman has or will ever want you. Not physically, not emotionally, not spiritually, nothing - No one wants you. You have to pay for attention. You have to pay for conversation, and you have to pay to be touched or to touch. You have to pay for basic human experiences. You have to pay money, because nothing about you merits it besides money. A few, some, many, most (whichever way you want to look at it) strippers are using the money to better themselves and their families. They take something negative (you and your $$) and turn it into something useful and positive. What do you do with your strip club experience? NOTHING! Because that is all you are, all you have, all you will ever have – nothing. You all want us - you need us - us as people. Whether it is our bodies or our time, it is still us you want. We want money not you. Money is not part of you, it is something you have - it is a thing. No one wants you because of you." Furthermore, here are the findings from a recent study, which can be accessed on the internet at Strip clubs According to Strippers: Exposing Workplace Sexual Violence by Ó’Kelly Holsopple, 1998, (this can be accessed on the internet at [view link] ….”The women in this study condemn the men associated with stripping and the impact stripping has on them as the worst parts of stripping. Women do not like the way customers treat them (Thompson and Harred 1992). Furthermore they say they do not like talking to customers, asking men for money, and resent having to have to deal with them at all. They find customers irritating because they are drunk and have negative attitudes towards women. Women characterize customers as scum, psycho mama’s boys, rapists and child molesters, old perverted men, idiots, assholes, and pigs. Strippers are largely disgusted by customers and describe them as pitiful and pathetic, stupid and ignorant, sick, controlling and abusive. "They smell so sour, they breathe very heavy and kind of wheeze when women are near." "They are weak abusers who have to subordinate women and girls to feel like a man." "I see my dad. They’re old enough to be my father." "Yuck. I am repulsed by the sight, sound, smell, and touch of them." "I’m embarrassed for them." The women offer insightful evaluations of strip club customers. They say that these men do not know how to communicate. Moreover, they perceive that customers are out of control, have power and abuse problems, and will do anything to degrade women because they hate women. Strippers also state that customers want a free show and think women are cheap. In contrast, a few women positively perceived some customers as nice and added they are thankful to those who tip well….Clearly strippers’ attitudes about men are impacted by the activities in strip clubs. Women say they don’t like men and men are worthless. Likewise women believe stripping inhibits their ability to be involved in a normal relationship. "It affects your lovelife and feelings about men." "Nice boyfriends can’t handle it." "Too large a percentage of men fit into category of customer and I do not want to hate men.") [NOTE #2: Question posed to DDDancer by poster calling himself Mouse, “I want to be sure we're on the same wavelength with this last issue. By libertine I mean a person who is unrestrained by convention or morality. This is something beyond being politically liberal. Let me rephrase the question - do you believe exotic dancers are more likely than the average women to experiment (i.e., in many things, not just sex), because they are essentially less restrained by convention or morality (i.e., as it's defined by current polite society)? DDDancer’s response, “OH! My answer is yes! -- they dared to get on the stage to begin with, and most would probably be more comfortable with experimenting with lifestyles. Morality conforms to fit the physiological needs of the bearer. You wouldn't believe how many girls I know with different perspectives of what the Bible means to them, but the one thing that is common is they twist the meaning to whatever suits them. Dancers are very spontaneous people, who desire the opposite, but while in the business, spontaneity is really the only way to conform to customers to get the money from them, so of course it would overlap into their normal life at times. I also think most dancers would make excellent entrepreneurs, but not so good in business, unless properly trained or educated.” Posted comment by “Darling Nikki” (stripper in Southern California) on Monday, October 20, 2003: ”I keep posting that Alexandria is a hottie -- cause she is, and Playboy agrees with me. Every girl at Cheetahs was a dirty dancer, whether they wanted to be or not. You could not make money unless there was some touching in your dances and that was breaking the law. No one has the right to bash Alexandria for that or any other girl. Miss XXX just recently started working again at Cheetahs during the night shifts. She has been identified so she doesn’t use that nick name anymore. I do agree about the drug use – a lot of girls use drugs. Most of them use it while at work. I cant think of one stripper that hasn’t used drugs. Oh Well, that’s the life -- you have to have some experiences and live a little. An anonymous poster responded (on Monday, October 20, 2003), “Thanks for the honesty!! Nikki, we admire your ability to tell the truth about the extensive drug use among strippers -- many, many (including the "super hotties" we're all reluctant to mention) have been high while we've been in buying dances. It was obvious. You can always tell when they’re on drugs, because something's not quite right in their eyes and behavior.”] 5th RULE) DON’T TELL STRIPPERS ANYTHING PERSONAL ABOUT YOURSELF. It’s none of their damn business, and they are likely to use personal information against you. Don’t bother giving them your business card, because they will throw it away or use it to hurt you later. Also, DON’T SHARE YOUR OPINIONS OF OTHER STRIPPERS WITH STRIPPERS, BECAUSE THEY WILL TELL THE OTHER STRIPPERS WHAT YOU SAID. Strippers talk, talk, and TALK, and then turn around and talk, talk, and TALK some more! 6th RULE) People will treat you the same way they treat themselves and those around them. Look at how strippers debase (R-rated prostitute) themselves for money (e.g., expose themselves, rub dicks, smell crotches, and lie routinely) - they will degrade you likewise! DON’T THINK YOU WILL BE SPECIAL -- YOU WON’T BE SPECIAL, JUST ANOTHER ONE OF THEIR VICTIMS!! To many strippers, customers are hardly considered human, but rather as pathetic mindless animals (VICTIMS OR MARKS) to be fleeced of their money. In fact, strippers like to refer to customers as regulars in love (RILs), pathetic losers (PLs), and/or automatic teller machines (ATMs). Don’t let them turn you into a RIL, PL, or ATM. FOR GOD’S SAKE, MAN! -- MAINTAIN SOME PRIDE, DIGNITY, AND SELF-RESPECT!! Don’t become just another one of their victims. 7th RULE) Finally, don’t spend money on strippers; it’s a waste of your hard-earned resources. If you do, it’s equal to flushing your money down the toilet. Don’t become a strip-club junky!! Spend your money on yourself (or your family) for self-improvement and greater life enjoyment -- your money will pay MUCH greater dividends that way!! Everything you can buy in a strip club can be obtained ESSENTIALLY FREE OUTSIDE of strip clubs! – YES, EVERYTHING!! YOU CAN LIVE EXTREMELY WELL WITHOUT STRIPPERS AND PROSTITUTES IN YOUR LIFE! -- BELIEVE IT and DO IT!!

20 comments

• TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    Great rules post, Wise Guy. As for KingIdiot, it's obvious being a "dork" is something he know all about...heheheh...
  • RomanticLover
    20 years ago
    Some guys may need to READ THE RULES
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    I've never understood why these "rules" don't get more discussion - maybe they've been post too many times.
  • RomanticLover
    20 years ago
    maybe some guys may still be PAYING FOR CONVERSATION
  • Kingpin
    20 years ago
    I guess Mouse assumes we don't have dancer girlfriends or wives. Maybe that is in fact how we know so much.
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    KP, is your significant other a dancer or former dancer? Most of your opinions expressed here regarding strippers are fairly negative, hence I assumed you would have not interest in developing a serious relationship with a stripper. This assumption may be wrong - please clarify.
  • Mouse
    20 years ago
    After reading this Board (even for a short time), it becomes very clear that different customers have had very different experiences - from good to very bad. I'm convinced that all the points of view expressed here have some validity. For example, if you happen to patronize a sleazy strip club loaded with sleazy strippers then you may end up feeling like Veracious of KingPin; but, if you happen to hook-up with your current girlfriend or wife, then strip clubs will likely look great
  • FONDL
    20 years ago
    Wise Guy, good set of rules, thanks for posting them. I'm sure they've been around for years but it's the first time I've seen them.
  • WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    ...i am pleased you read it and learned something from it. Keep learning from those i previously mentioned.
  • Kingpin
    20 years ago
    WiseGay, Unfortunatlely not everyone can ignore your list. If you are fat and or ugly and have no confidence your list is great. All others will read understand my addendum.
  • Kingpin
    20 years ago
    WiseGay, that is the most pussyassed gay conforming asskissing wishful thinking loser shit I've ever heard. If anyone follows that list you'll end up exactly like it's author. Single!!! So listen up, here's viewpoint from someone who has never had a problem getting a dancer. Okay, first: Rule #1: Time is Money No shit asshole! But if you aren't ugly as sin the dancer won't be so worried about the money. Rule #2: Don't Try to Get a Date Okay, this isn't bad. Because if you are fat and ugly you don't have a fucking chance, you'd be better off following this one. Rule #3: Stay Reasonably Sober You only have to do this if you're a loser. Do you think if Brad Pitt got pissy drunk dancers would be offended. Of course not. He'd be taken home because any dancer can relate to being drunk. But if you look like a dork then.... follow rule #3 Rule #4: Unless She's Cool, Leave Your Wife/Girlfriend at Home See, this was written by a loser. If you cool, you'll a nice looking wife and she will help you get more pussy than if you were there without her. Fuck this rule. Unless your a dork. Rule #5: Obey the Rules Again, this rule is for dorks. If you have money and or connections, they'll be catering to your every need. The last thing they will do is throw you out. Unless you're a geek. Rule #6: Be Inquisitive Give me a fucking break! You be looked at like the nosey ass mutherfucker she'll be calling if you act like you give a rats ass about her. Even if you do, act like you don't give a shit. Then you are on their level and they can relate to that. No dancers wants a kissass. Rule #7: Just Because We Show Our Boobs Doesn't Mean We're Brainless It sure doesn't. But it also doesn't mean that you won't give up the pussy at the drop of dime. She sells her body for money. Treat her like a queen and she won't be able to relate to your foolishness. Rule #8: Learn to Say No Haahaahahaahaa. This one made me fall on the floor. The one thing you never fucking say is "no". Saying not right now or not just yet or anything but "no". Baahaahahaaaa, what a fool!!!!!! Rule #9: If You Can't Say Something Nice, Don't Say Anything at All Follow this rule if you look down between your leggs and see that you have a pussy instead of a dick. Tell her like it is she'll respect you. For example: You're not bad for having such a big nose and small tits. She already knows that is true. She rolls her eyes at all the guys who lie all night long. She'll respect that you actually noticed "her". Perfect or not. Rule #10: When in Doubt, Tip This is the biggest thing to remember, so don't ever forget it. Once you give a dancer money, you'll be seen as a mark. A dollar sign. AND THAT'S IT!!!! So if you don't want to be seen as that then don't give her a reason to relate you to money. That is how it really is. Follow the changes to the previous bullshit or you'll never ever have a chance with a dancer. EVER!!!!
  • WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    ...inventing insulting false stories again in a failed effort to impress the ladies. How sad that Kingpenny needs to put down women to fill the void eating at his empty life.
  • Kingpin
    20 years ago
    Rayanna, didn't your father teach you not to talk when your mouth is full? You'd think after all these years you'd finally remember one of those lessons. But don't worry, I understand you. You are still mad at your mother and being here helps you deal with that. You haven't been the same since your father told you you are special. Go ahead, tell us that's not why you became a dancer. Tell us that everyday you don't find yourself in a drunken stupor wondering why you didn't stay in school. Tell us how every man you've ever had cheats on you because they know exactly what you are. You won't find sympathy here. So shut the fuck up, open your mouth until the song is over and I'll get a napkin afterwards and give you five dollars for your dance.
  • WiseGuy
    20 years ago
    ............The Key to Strip Club Etiqutte............... Revealed by Lily Howard Your father may have taught you how to change a tire; your mother, which fork to use in a fancy restaurant. Your friends may have contributed their knowledge of microbrews, and you learned on your own not to mix Budweiser and Chablis. But there is one monumental lesson which very few men are given: how to act in a strip club. The adult entertainment industry is growing in leaps and bounds and the cultural interest in it is evidenced by books and movies. Chances are good that you'll soon venture into, if you haven't already (or don't already spend a good deal of your time in) a strip club. I have been a dancer on Bourbon Street in New Orleans for more than three years. I've seen many things, but what I've seen most often is that the majority of men have no clue how to conduct themselves in a club. You don't want to be the only man in a group who gets drinks spilled on him or is treated with contempt by dancers. In the hopes of avoiding such occurrences, I have carefully compiled 10 Golden Strip Club Rules designed to have dancers singing your praises above all your envious friends. Rule #1: Time is Money In spite of the sequined bras, come hither looks, and lacy garters... this is still a business. If you don't keep the dollars flowing, we will have to move upstream for better bait. It's nothing personal, but if you were a car salesman, would you waste your time and energy on someone looking to buy a Gremlin if you had a room full of potential Porsche purchasers? Although we show our skin to make a living, we are there to make a living. No one enjoys working for free so, if a dancer smiles at you and gets up from your table to sit at another, don't curse her; have empathy. We all have bills to pay and we all need bills (particularly fifties and hundreds) in order to pay them. Rule #2: Don't Try to Get a Date Consider visiting a strip club to be the ultimate date. Your date laughs at your jokes, sympathizes about your horrible boss and, when a good dance number comes up, strips her clothes off in front of you. Chances are, you won't be getting that lucky with dinner and a movie. Aside from your late night dreams, the only place you're likely to have this happen is under black lights in a strip club. Okay, I admit it, some girls have gone out with customers. Some dancers have even married customers. Couples have met under stranger circumstances. But the numbers are slim. I've danced for men and within five minutes they've thought I was obliged to go with them to the nearest watering hole and then to their bed... simply because they'd seen my bare breasts! Contrary to moronic belief, we are dancers, not prostitutes. Spending 8 - 10 hours a day, three to five days a week talking to men means our daily rate for being hit on is astronomical. Most of us have supportive mates waiting for us at home. If, by chance, you are asked out... consider yourself blessed. Rule #3: Stay Reasonably Sober Alcohol can turn the most mild-mannered accountant into a drooling, wiggling, pants-dropping idiot. Alcohol makes ordinary men want to wear bras on their heads and dance like Madonna. Liquored men will jump on stage and proceed to strip. Hey, that's our job! Alcohol also provokes such memorable lines as, "You have more legs than a bucket full of fried chicken," and, "your nipples make me want to go home and slap my wife." Topless dancing can be a very private experience, but you're still in public. Watch your alcohol intake, and if you need to throw up run, don't walk, to the nearest bathroom to do it... don't use the stage or a dancer's shoes. Rule #4: Unless She's Cool, Leave Your Wife/Girlfriend at Home Two years ago if someone told me I'd hear, "My wife loves you and I'll do anything if you come home with us" on a weekly basis, I would have split my bra from laughing. Women are curious about topless clubs (I know I was) and look at them as an adventure. I've seen women come in with their spouses and yell, clap, and tip just as much as the next guy. One slow Monday a couple came in to celebrate their 42nd anniversary. The husband was recovering from a stroke and had lost his speech and the movement in his left side. His wife hired six of us to dance around him. She even helped put the tips in our garters. Another time, one of the local judges ventured in with his wife and staff. His wife kept yelling at him, "Ask her if she went to high school. Ask her if she comes from a broken home." My reply? "Ugh. Yes, stripper can read. Stripper's parents still married." One evening a man came in and sat at the main stage with his plump and pretty girlfriend. She sat next to him with her arms crossed, red-faced and obviously uncomfortable. He leaned over the stage with his tongue (literally) out, throwing dollars and sexual comments at us. His date was not enjoying herself and he was irritating us. Finally, one of the dancers "accidently" kicked his beer in his lap. If your partner is curious, bring her in. If she's uncomfortable, leave (you can always come back later) and respect her feelings. And ladies, if your man is thoughtless like the guy above, dump him. You deserve better. Rule #5: Obey the Rules Different clubs have different standards, but when a dancer tells you a rule, pay attention! Where I work, we have a strict "touch and go" policy. Touch a dancer and you go. Bouncers and managers can't see everything, but you never know who you are grabbing. You probably don't want to have to explain to your wife that your black eye resulted from grabbing the butt of a stripper with a mean left hook. It took all my self control once not to tighten the tie around a short, fat man's little neck after he'd poked me with his wet, smelly cigar and asked me if I shaved all over. Instead, I smiled, stepped away, uttered a mild obscenity and left. When I'm not dancing, writing, or going to school, I study kick boxing. Rule #6: Be Inquisitive Here's a quick tip. A lot of dancers are single mothers, but not all have sets of triplets at home that need new shoes. Dancers have the best stories. Ask about the celebrities they've danced for, the bar fights they've been in, or what their last term paper was about. Then swap some stories of your own. Yes, we've been called topless therapists. We'll listen to your problems with your mate, work, or frustrating sex life... just as long as it's within our comfort zone. I love hearing about the police officer who got drunk and stole the station wagon (remember, this is New Orleans) or the man who shot a hole the size of his fist in a crocodile's head and still got bit. You can learn a lot in a strip club. Dancers are like everyone else; we love a good conversation. If you're a dull person by nature, money still talks.. Rule #7: Just Because We Show Our Boobs Doesn't Mean We're Brainless Once a circle of men were arguing while I danced. "What's that thing called? You know, when you put your feelings on someone else." I stopped doing my stomach roll to pipe up, "Transference." The man's face turned red. "Where do you get off knowing what transference means?" His friends were so embarrassed by their ignoramus friend that they tipped me an extra ten. Don't fall off your chair in shock if we know who the speaker of the house is, or who won the NBA tournament, or the true meaning of existentialism. Not all dancers are rocket scientists, but they don't all drink rocket fuel, either. Rule #8: Learn to Say No No in a strip club? Isn't that a contradiction? No. If you're sitting with a dancer whose company you enjoy and she has to go on stage or reapply her body glitter, and another dancer sits down and puts on the full court press, recognize it for what it is. She saw you spending money and wants a piece of it. I'd love to say that it's a big happy topless family and back stabbing doesn't exist, but it does. If you like the dancer you're with and sense she's only smiling to prevent herself from ripping another girl's throat out, politely tell the intruder you're not interested. Your dancer will love you for it, trust me. Don't be hustled by a cut throat. Allow your preferred dancer the hustling privileges. Rule #9: If You Can't Say Something Nice, Don't Say Anything at All This is a basic school yard rule but it's also a rule for dancers. A classy dancer will never slam or belittle her fellow dancers. So don't comment about other dancers to the one you're with. Cutting down one dancer will not bring you up in another's eyes. If a certain dancer doesn't appeal to you, simply smile and say no thank you. It's a business of rejection and we understand that we're not going to appeal to everyone who walks in the door... just like not every customer who walks in the door appeals to us. But be nice. Rule #10: When in Doubt, Tip I saved the best for last. This is the most basic and important rule of all. Pay attention! If you're sitting at the main stage, tip. Dancers do not make the bulk of their money while they're on stage. Our main income is from private dances. Tip. When we're on stage a tip is an acknowledgment and a sign of appreciation. While it looks like we may be rolling in it, dancers are typically considered independent contractors and have to pay daily rent for the space they work in. Everyone takes a cut and sometimes it takes a while before we actually start making money for ourselves. It's insulting for a dancer to perform on stage and have someone sipping beer while enjoying a free show at the dancer's expense. Enter a strip club with the notion that you're going to part with some cash. Tip. Tip. Tip! Now that you have been briefed on the mystical power of strippers, you can walk into any strip club establishment with your head held high, a self-assured smile, and your wallet ready and willing. While you're in the strip club of your choice sit back, enjoy the atmosphere, and admire the scenery. Eat, drink, be merry, and tip freely. The point is for you to have a good time and our job is to ensure that you do. It's your fantasy to take pleasure in, but remember... it's our reality, so respect it.
  • niceass
    20 years ago
    Veracious, why do you have to overstate your case like this? You shoot yourself in the foot when you do. The discussion turns from the subject to the ugly way it's presented.
  • JungleMan
    20 years ago
    Can you write some cliff notes on that? Just kidding.
  • Kingpin
    20 years ago
    I'd like to bring to everyone's attention that Jizzhead is obsessed with me. Read this thread: [view link] I point out that Jizzhead has emailed me trying to be my friend and apologizing for "showcasing" here ( that's how he put it. He said he really admires me but doesn't want to look like a complete fool here. He keeps making reference to my real name and wants is constantly wanting to verify data about me. I think it's quite scary. Also, the "tantra" that he speaks of is the transexual one that he talked about previously. We really don't care if you're gay. Just be honest with yourself and others will except you.
  • JimJazz
    20 years ago
    LMAO -riiight! Sure "Mike"- who pretends to own a club but can't answer a single question pertaining to club ownership- I'll believe that when someone with some crediblity says that, like say Yoda, or WiseGuy or Niceass or Dusty for example. People like you, V, Gimp,RL don't count.And I posted a poll elsewhere on the net to get other people opinions if you telling the truth or not- I'll put a link to the result in a few days. At any rate I must be leaving for the day shortly as my lady and I are having dinner at Tantra this evening. It's going to be wonderful evening!
  • Kingpin
    20 years ago
    Jizzhead you just can't fathom the idea that everyone looks at you like a complete sucker. Keep posting and I'm sure more people will let you know.
  • JimJazz
    20 years ago
    same idiot blather from a misogynist
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion