tuscl

Posting just to get y'all going

How many of you all post things sometimes just to get a rise.
I mean post something controversial just to see where it goes? I posted a thread about extreme precautions before you go clubbing like removing the battery from you phone as well as always using cash and not giving personal information.
[I always use cash and avoid personal information but I do not remove the battery from my phone.]
Or, political posts to get a rise. Gun rights always get some guys going. Trump seems to be the latest political hot potato.
I was surprised that my "Least Worst" post did not derive more venom.
Posting to be "Devil's Advocate" can be interesting to see where it goes.
Who else does this

18 comments

• 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Well, the whole "brilliant!" joke makes me laugh and I'm sure there are some who find it irritating. But no, I don't totally make things up just to stir the pot.

That said, some of your posts have struck me as a more than a little paranoid. So I'm glad to hear that they're just stirring the pot. I didn't remember the phone battery thing specifically, but that was the sort of thing I was thinking about.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    I've also avoided posting on political threads, in general. Full disclosure, I'm a #NeverTrump person so I've slipped and posted on a few threads. But there was little point. There are a lot of overwrought reactions on political threads! Not brilliant!

Wasn't there a guy who got so offended at something rockstar666 posted that he declared he was leaving and actually stopped posting? That was kind of funny! ;)
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I never post just to get a reaction. But I do support Donald Trump.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I think posts designed "to get a rise" are troll moves. I try not to do this. But I confess that I made some gun rights comments that I knew would annoy Alucard, God rest his soul.

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    I try my best not to post anything too controversial. On the other hand, I do try to post things to make people laugh, or to start a discussion, even if it's as meaningless as talk about a sporting event.

this board is here to entertain people, and if people don't post good topics, they am won't be entertained.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    8 years ago
    Nope. Seems like a waste of time.
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    Jackslash said it right...post like that are usually troll posts so no I don't do that. Not that it matters but I do not support donald trump:)
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Butterman ^^^

I don't support Trump either, but I do chuckle just a bit at the photo NBC often uses of The Donald. With the Orange hair, the Orange skin, and the racoon eyes. Makes the man almost hideous.

Let no one ever say the media doesn't have an agenda or take sides.
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    No but the SJGuy poss all the time just to troll people.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Is this the official kinder gentler TUSCL thread? I prefer not to argue with people but a certain member, he knows who he is, has a habit of pushing his Shangri La leftist agenda every chance he gets yet other comments he makes are more mean spirited than anything uttered by the righties he rants against. I just feel compelled to point out how hypocritical he is even though I know he will always remain clueless.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    That's what I was guilty of, until I turned over a new leaf. Too many people are too willing to take things too far. It sucks the general fun out, which is why I quit doing it.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I don't post to get a reaction. I also agree - that some folks take extreme precautions when clubbing. I think those insights are from years of clubbing - and having unexpected things occur - and it's one method of attempting to prevent a recurrence.
  • DoctorPhil.
    8 years ago
    i never post just to get a reaction. i just tell the unvarnished truth and some of you idiots react. i tell you about my three way with prince and kim bassetter and you dont believe me. i tell you about my pappy selling jimmie hendrix his first guitar and you dont believe me. i tell @JohnSmith69 that he is an idiot for thinking his drugged out whores are only fucking him and he doesnt believe me. the rest of you do believe me on the last one so i guess you arent complete idiots
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    HaHa LOL funny post all the way around.
  • Cheo_D
    8 years ago
    "almost" hideous, motorhead?

but yeah, needling and yanking your chain is one thing, outright shit-stirring trolling just for the sake of how much can you piss off how many is something I'd rather not deal with.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I would never post something controversial. I wouldn't want that SG guy putting me to sleep with a bunch of long posts unless it was late at night, oops, almost 2 am already.

What was I reading online before coming here? Ghost girls who suck dick. I was wondering if I picked up a new friend on my latest visit to the strip club. Also watching paranormal 4 at the same time, a good way to relax and fall back asleep. Could the ghost girl be a dead girl or maybe a live girl having an out of body visit? No idea.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "i never post just to get a reaction."

Brilliant!

I'm sure the whole anti-JohnSmith69 part was not posted to get a reaction! ;)
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Controversy stirs response, free speech in action. And fuck Trump and the Euro he rides on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion