tuscl

Just Because We CAN Doesn't Mean We SHOULD

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
I just saw a TV commercial for Samsung's new smart refrigerator. It's full of electronic gadgets including 3 little interior cameras. Say you're at the grocery store and need to check if you need milk (or beer). Presto. Access it with your smartphone.

Aside from the fact that I don't think I want to spend $6000 on a refrigerator it's another step backwards in taking personal responsibility.

I can remember the day when we had to remember what to buy. And dammitt, you didn't expect extras at a strip club. .

16 comments

• mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Where the hell are the flying cars and colonies on the moon?
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    I remember seeing YEARS ago a fridge that kept track of your food and auto ordered from the grocery store as you used items up! Now THAT is a fridge!
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    that requires world unity. So far we have agreed not to use space as a battle field.
  • warhawks
    8 years ago

That's nothing.

I remember when Rech and Juice only had one user name each.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I invented a phone that flashed red when there was an incoming call, so that deaf people would know they had a call. Didn't catch on.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    All this advanced technology and we still can't upload pics to TUSCL - WTF

:)
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    That sounds like a cool idea. I doubt I'd ever use it. I think we are on camera enough these days - no need to add cameras to my fridge.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I open the fridge, write down what I need on a piece of paper. There I just saved $6,000 to blow on other useless stuff. Then I usually forget the piece of paper and just wing it. After all, what else do you need other than Chackin Fangers, Beer and Ketchup in your fridge anyway?
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I just make a note of what I need on my cell-ph
  • likes2look
    8 years ago
    Now if those cameras could tell me who has been stealing my beer, it might be worth it.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    The whole idea of cameras in the fridge leaves me cold.......
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Crazy
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    I don't want a refrigerator that's smarter than I am.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    I have little notepads I get at the store for like 4 for $1. I make notes on random stuff including a grocery list. Yes I could use the notepad app on my phone but I prefer pen and paper. Last thing I need is someone spying on me every time I open the fridge door.
  • dw.buck
    8 years ago
    damn cant go to the fridge naked anymore, feds be spying. and one more camera for the ball and chain to find the mistress in the house!!!!!!!!!
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Just like Petraeus- they can spy on us through our refrigerator.

You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion