tuscl

Craig Sager Talked Dennis Rodman Out of Suicide in 1993

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
Rodman was talked out of suicide in The Landing Strip, which I visit frequently. This was at a time when Dennis was a talented basketball player and before he has become so strange, weird and outlandish.

"Dennis Rodman, who went AWOL from the Pistons in 1993 and planned to commit suicide, until Sager tracked down the Worm on the second floor of a Detroit strip club. “The Landing Strip,” Sager recalls. “He had the gun. He was going to do it. I told him how stupid that would be.”"

http://www.totalprosports.com/2016/04/28…

10 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Craig Sager is pretty awesome. If you notice, he has some nice ass suits, just picks ugly colors.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    That's an amazing story. I think Craig is a pretty good dude - and this is pretty impressive. Sucks that he has cancer.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    Why?
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    How did anyone end up better off? If he wants to do it again, I'd be happy to see him go away forever....
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Rodman is unbalanced, that's for sure.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    WetWilly and dallas702, no disrespect but that's a bit harsh. Sure Rodman is crazy. He could probably profit from some psychiatric drugs (no disrespect to san_jose_guy). Maybe he wouldn't pal around with North Korean dictators if he was right in the head. But he's still a human being.

All we have to do is limit the responsibilities we give Rodman, make sure he only uses crayons and scissors without points when he plays, and it's all brilliant! ;)
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    In that context Rodman is sort of like the angry guy that thinks I'm Juice or Zipperhead or whatever. If his mommy and daddy would limit his computer time and only let him use crayons we'd all be happier!

Only Rodman is less obnoxious! :)
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    As a basketball player, I always liked and respected Rodman.

He had one goal -- to rebound every missed shot. He never cared about scoring points or his offensive stats. He was willing to do the dirty.

He had an amazing ability to understand angles and positioning to get the rebound.

I was a terrible basketball player, but I loved to rebound the ball as well. So I repected his style.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    Craig Sager has an intentionally ridiculous fashion sensibility, possibly the only person in history with a more ridiculous one than Rodman. Maybe it was because he was Northwestern's Willie the Wildcat (not to be confused with K-State's version.) And yes, he has cancer, which is too bad.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    So many life lessons to be learned here. Where there's life there's hope. A person can be a giant on the court (or in their field) but end up being a distraction in the off season. Fame and Fortune don't necessarily equate with emotional stability, and depression is NOT a respecter of affluence for the sake of affluence. Craig Sanger did the right thing, and the ability to carry being a team player off the court shows that he is a true winner who is to be emulated. As for the worm, I hope with years he can gain some maturity, Unfortunately some of us are better equipped to handle success than others.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion