tuscl

OT: Using Art As A Ball Marker

rockstar666
Illinois
I've always used a normal plastic disc as a ball marker, but being a Morgan Dollar collector, I really wanted to use a not so valuable one. The problem with that is they're rather large and that defeat the purpose. I did some homework and found a proof quarter the year of my birth are dirt cheap. They made over a million of them, and many have poor contrast but deep mirrors so it's a very good looking coin. So I bought one for $8 delivered. My problem is that on the one hand, the grade will degrade quickly as I use it. It will always be a proof but once the mirrors degrade, it will be a ruined coin. Yikes....

OTOH, it was $8. It's an $8 piece, so why am I ambivalent using it? fLeaBay has 50 on sale for $8 delivered even though this quarter is over 50 years old. Yet I have a bad feeling deep down like I'm spraying paint on the Mona Lisa. That being said, it IS my new ball marker.

14 comments

• mikeya02
    8 years ago
    I think it's a cool idea.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    HaHa...my g/f's birthday is Saturday, and we were born the same year. I'm giving it to her as a token gift....and now I'll buy another for $8 for golf....as I said, this is a very common coin even for a proof.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    If you can get ahold of an old NYC subway token they made millions of them and they are pretty cheap and the cutout in the center of the coin marks the balls nicely and easy to see.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I LOVE Morgan dollars; I collect DMPL's and I would NEVER use an MS grade DMPL Morgan for a ball marker; I just couldn't do it. I don't give a shit about Washington quarters! They are an ugly design and the proofs from 1959 look like shit.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    what's a ball marker?
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    Estafador: It's when a whore writes her name on your balls with a Sharpie.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Hey Rock, I collect stuff too. I have a Weird Science comic dated the month and year of my birth. This is what it looks like.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_Carf7r5AKc/Vf…
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Esta a ball marker is what you use to mark a golf ball so that you can identify it when you hit it down the fairway with a golf foursome and know which is your golf ball.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    A ball marker is used on the green to mark your ball, so someone putting who is behind your ball has a clear path to the hole. So a ball marker the size of a silver dollar is kind of stupid.
  • mmdv26
    8 years ago
    An unrolled condom would work just as well.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    I use the free plastic ones because at the end of the day if you play well no one else give a fuck what you use.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Haven't played in years but I normally played by myself so never needed to use my ball marker. Never really had anyone to play with and I could knock out 18 holes in less than 2 hours if it wasn't during peak times.
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    skibum: I know no one cares but me; this is just masturbation on my part, no matter if I played well or not.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    It's a cool idea - and it's unique - and creative.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion