tuscl

Buying a dancers shift

jaredlucas
Arizona
I went to a new club to branch out a bit and met a friendly decent looking dancer. Maybe a solid 7

Had some fun in the vip room and learned that she enjoys Salsa dancing
- As do I.
Invited her to an upcoming Salsa event this Saturday and she said I would have to "buy" her shift for to go. Otherwise she needed to work. Shift Price was $500.

Presumably this what she makes in a Saturday nite as she didnt blink an eye when Quoting a price

I didn't take her offer as I'm not that into her but I winder if this is common ?

I didn't sense she was that into me either which may be part of it

28 comments

• Subraman
    9 years ago
    Hey, that's an honest-to-goodness SW-like response, so I guess it really does happen! So, $500 to buy her shift, likely with no sex included? Ugh, you need to be an enormous sucker to take her up on that. Enormous. Most guys pay less than that for sex, plus whatever pre-activities (drinking, eating, etc) beforehand.

The stripper "not being into you" isn't necessarily a huge part of this.

Will post more in a bit, have to actually work for an hour :)
  • Timex345
    9 years ago
    I have never heard of this. I have heard of arranging OTC. I am glad you did not take her up on her offer.
    It sounded like a rip off. $500 is too steep.
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    It makes sense - from an economic standpoint - as she's going to be dancing either way - and she wants to be compensated for not earning at the club. It's like one of us taking a paid personal day - but we get paid when we do.

It's not something I'd pay for - but I see the logic. Even that price for OTC is a bit steep -
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Unless she's in Vegas or NYC or some other expensive location she's full of shit I bet 300-375 is more than she makes on one shift I wouldn't bite not at all. Don't forget she has to pay for drinks & tip out at least 50-75 per shift. She will very rarely see that kind of money.
  • clubdude
    9 years ago
    Was your Salsa dancing going to take up all of her strip club time? 500 seems somewhat steep.
  • Ch3ll
    9 years ago
    Fuck that. If she really enjoyed salsa and could make some money too, then I'd guess the price would be a little lower. I'd keep it in mind, but find out what others average so you know if she is shooting high.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    I think some of you are skipping over a huge point: This is NOT "OTC" the way we think of it, that ends in sex. $500 would be very steep, but not unimaginable, for that.. in fact, I think JS69 pays that regularly. For the rest of us, I'd expect an OTC with sex would cost $200-$350 a lot of the time.

But that's not what OP is talking about. He's talking about paying $500 to go salsa dancing with her, no sex.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    Yea pass dude. As a matter of fact run! just get you another stripper that's an old SS trick
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Well this is always going to be the difficulty in dealing with sex workers. They are available to you, for money. But then if you want to get them off site you are competing with their job and costing them money. Replacing their lost income is usually going to be very costly. So I would not do that. Paying her for her time with you would be okay, but not going beyond that.

For example, this is why it is impractical to form outside relationships with AAMP girls. They come here just to work, and to try and make as much money as possible, like say $15k cleared per month. This is all the more true as most are just here on 3 or 6 month visas. And as they don't actually live here, they are even more narrow in their focus. I have referred to them as mercenaries.

We have talked about NV brothels. Unless the girls live off site, then it is excessively costly to see them for very long.

With strippers you will run into these sorts of problems. But I still know that this is not always true of strippers, or of AMP girls. They do have time off and private lives. This will be more true of the lower mileage strippers.

Oh well, if a girl knew a guy who had an extreme type of job, one based mostly on travelling, or on going off into dangerous wild places, then she would have to accommodate in her expectations.

SJG
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    -->"I didn't take her offer as I'm not that into her but I winder if this is common ?"

The only place I've ever heard about this kind of thing -- $500 for salsa dancing -- is on StripperWeb. Hell, I saw a conversation there where one girl asked the others what she should charge a customer to take her to lunch, and the answer came back as "$500". To take her to lunch.

In real life, I've never heard of such a thing. Hell, the price for taking her outside the club and having sex is normally $200-$350, and that usually includes as much pre-socialization as I'd like. Then again, I wouldn't ask to take her out during her most lucrative shift, and the conversation always starts with the "how much for sex" part, not the socialization part

• JamesSD
    9 years ago
    She wasn't interested but $500 would have changed her mind
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    “… I didn't sense she was that into me either which may be part of it …”

Gee you think - are women that are interested in you routinely ask your for $$$ to go out w/ you :)
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Personally – whether she was taking off a shift or not; I can see a dancer asking for $$$ for her time if the PL/RIL wants to spend time w/ her OTC whether it’s having dinner or f’ing break-dancing.

AFAIK; dancers spend time w/ PLs to get paid; why expect a dancer to take either work or personal time to spend w/ a custy and not get paid – AFAIK dancers that go to dinner (or anything else) w/ PLs is mainly b/c is what the PL wants; not what she wants; IMO; so why would she give him her time for free.

There’s lots of dudes that want the company and arm-candy; and if that is what they want; they should pay for it IMO.

w.r.t. the $500 – as w/ pretty-much anything else; dancers always start high and see if the PL bites (especially if the dancer may not be that interested in the proposal to begin with) – and $500 it’s too much but a dancer can def make that on a peak night at a good club; not guaranteed she will; but not guaranteed she won’t.

Just my 2 glass-half-empty cents.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    The OP kinda reads as what transpired sorta took him by surprise – he may be one of those that unknowingly/subconsciously treats dancers as civvies and may sorta expect the same behavior – e.g. “hey – we’re both into salsa dancing – why would she not go out w/ me for free”
  • JoeCool55
    9 years ago
    Hopefully one of you Dancers will weigh in on this one. Personally Jared, I have a FS that I take OTC every once in a while, and I give her $75 because that is what (I know) she has to pay the club for missing a shift, no matter what day it falls on. I'm pretty sure this "missing a shift" charge (she calls it a fine) is pretty normal for not showing up to work, just not sure what the norm $ is as I only do that with one girl.
  • s88
    9 years ago
    $500 is her gross, not her net after LD and VIP commissions+house fee+tipout+drinks for herself. Cut that to 3/4 or 1/2 for the real amount she makes.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Jesus all you amateurs.

A little bit of good karma goes a long way. First off I have bought dancer's shifts before. This usually happens in big cities, where certain nights are very lucrative.

Here's an example, which is a risk most wouldn't be willing to make. I met a beautiful dancer last weekend on a Friday night in a large city. We had lots of chemistry so she decided to meet me for awhile before her shift on Saturday. She mentioned if she was taken care of she could spend the entire evening with me. When we met first thing I asked was what she needed so she didn't have to go to work. We negotiated a little bit I gave her close to what she originally requested. She stayed with me from 7pm to 3:30am and we had a wonderful time, although we did not have sex. We went out to eat and clubbing all night, by the end of the night we were too tired and it wasn't a good time of the month anyway.

It paid off because I have a date with her this weekend and she made it clear I was not going to be charged and said she owes me. Yes I was/am a bit skeptical but so far the communication has gone well.
  • serrano
    9 years ago
    In Vegas, your dancer may make $2000-3000+/night on excellence weekend nights. Weekdays they may make only a few hundred dollar, or even worse, they make negative due to expensive house fee at club like Sapphire and Rhino and cost of tip-out to DJ and other personnels. Her house fee at times may be $150+ if they skip stage rotation. And dancer may steal other dancer purses, or bad customers may get many dances from her but then escape without pay her anything.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    "Unless she's in Vegas or NYC or some other expensive location she's full of shit I bet 300-375 is more than she makes on one shift I wouldn't bite not at all. Don't forget she has to pay for drinks & tip out at least 50-75 per shift. She will very rarely see that kind of money."

I'm in little ole Detroit and I can't remember the last time I made that little of an amount of money. I am a harder worker and better hustler than most girls, but it's possible that she makes more than that as well. I make much more. Lol
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Back in Sept, a dancer told me someone bought the house mom / Domme off her remaining shift that night for $700 for 3 hours, ITC. For fetish / kink / non-sex. So it does happen. This was Cleveland.
  • bvino
    9 years ago
    At my usual club you can buy a girls stage time for $60.00 to the DJ and then she won't have to go on stage for the shift. This is a good/cheap way to look friendly.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Nina I'm glad you are doing well and your good work ethic has paid off for you, but lets be real many of these girls cant keep their phones turned on they are very often behind in their car payment, rent is constantly late, etc. you and I both know if a girl works 5 shifts a week and averages just $300. per shift that would be $1500 per week or approximately $65k per year, I have many people working for me and the majority earn between $20-$25 per hour averaging between $45k-$55k per year and these people, many who have children and mortgages rarely run into financial trouble certainly not nearly as often as the majority of strippers so Nina there are certainly outliers as in any other place, but c'mon lets not just argue, for the sake of arguing. I know many strippers and I have heard from nearly all of them at one time or another, that they didn't even earn enough to cover house fees during the week. I know some maybe even a lot of it is just stripper shit but please don't insult my intelligence, with the suggestion that they all earn big bucks for long extended periods of time.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    Papi_Chulo-->"Personally – whether she was taking off a shift or not; I can see a dancer asking for $$$ for her time if the PL/RIL wants to spend time w/ her OTC"

Papi, you have definitely hit on something there, and it's what I was getting at when I said, "Then again, I wouldn't ask to take her out during her most lucrative shift, and the conversation always starts with the "how much for sex" part, not the socialization part". That is, I think a lot of us are having some cognitive dissonance here ... OF COURSE she wants to be paid for hanging out with him for hours, but I'm having trouble grokking the fact that the conversation didn't START with sex, and then move on to "oh, and we'll go salsa dancing too" as an aside.

Papi_Chulo-->"AFAIK; dancers spend time w/ PLs to get paid; why expect a dancer to take either work or personal time to spend w/ a custy and not get paid – AFAIK dancers that go to dinner (or anything else) w/ PLs is mainly b/c is what the PL wants; not what she wants; IMO"

I think this is an area where you've drank the SW Koolaid, Papi, you should let your own experiences guide you're interpretation of what's going on, and what's merely SW posturing and posing. On SW, the girls despise every second with their customers, and charge hundreds for every moment OTC; IRL, that's not true (especially the charging for every moment outside the club socializing), and only someone who has read and believed too much SW could fall for that, IMO. I've had too many stripper/customer relationships where, once we get past that first dinner or pre/post-shift drinking, it's the stripper who proposes the logistics for lunch or dinner or drinks (most of the time -- but not all! -- I'll be paying for the food or drinks, of course). I can tell story after story, but it's a pattern I find myself in very often, not just with my CFs, but sometimes other girls who I'm acquainted with but have run into my at-the-time-CF and partied with us.

My own experience, in a nutshell: a huge % of girls do NOT charge for socializing outside the club, if it's just lunch/dinner, drinks, etc. I experience that consistently, and have for years. A invitation to go salsa dancing, on her busiest night, is a different thing altogether, though.
  • jaredlucas
    9 years ago
    Hi everybody.
    Thanks for all the insight. Huge help to me as I begin navigating the strip club world

Just as I was accepting of the fact that Dancers are not civvies I got lucky with a different dancer who was ending her day shift just yesterday. . We had enjoyed a few drinks and floor dances and chemistry was good.

Ended up going out to Taco Tuesday at a mexican restaurant in here in Tucson for drinks and tacos. Had a nice time and we got pretty Buzzed.

We ended up doing a little club hopping and then ended up at a hotel - of course we had had a hot time. She liked being spanked which was new to me but very hot!! Although I paid for dinner and drinks there were No extra fees. This I know is an exception to the rule and I appreciate all your insights otherwise I may have not had enough game to pull this one off.

Thanks again. You guys are a huge help!
    Jared
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    "Nina I'm glad you are doing well and your good work ethic has paid off for you, but lets be real many of these girls cant keep their phones turned on they are very often behind in their car payment, rent is constantly late, etc. you and I both know if a girl works 5 shifts a week and averages just $300. per shift that would be $1500 per week or approximately $65k per year, I have many people working for me and the majority earn between $20-$25 per hour averaging between $45k-$55k per year and these people, many who have children and mortgages rarely run into financial trouble certainly not nearly as often as the majority of strippers so Nina there are certainly outliers as in any other place, but c'mon lets not just argue, for the sake of arguing. I know many strippers and I have heard from nearly all of them at one time or another, that they didn't even earn enough to cover house fees during the week. I know some maybe even a lot of it is just stripper shit but please don't insult my intelligence, with the suggestion that they all earn big bucks for long extended periods of time."

COME ON... I didn't say all strippers make the big bucks... I said it's possible. I also said that while I make more than that (the "big bucks" I guess, according to you), I am a harder worker and bigger hustler in general, than most girls. My best friend of 2 years has worked at the same clubs as me all over Detroit (as well as Admiral in Chicago where we have also both worked), and she averages just a little less than me. She is also smart and knows how to hustle. So going back to my original statement, it is entirely practical for SOME girls to expect to make more than $375, especially on a busy night. You don't need to work in Vegas or NYC to make "stripper money." In fact, I've seen girls do better here than in bigger cities because the hustle is too cut throat for them. Just like some girls won't do well in Manhattan if they aren't good at conversation and a slow hustle, whereas they might do better at Mons Venus in Tampa or Admiral in Chicago on the weekend, where it's fast-paced. For both those places, making $375 (especially on a weekend night) would be laughable.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    Nina that's great for you and any other girl that's making good money but that begs a better more extensive question if they earn that kind of money why would the vast majority live in such a haphazard condition that they seem to be just a single unexpected event from disaster. Maybe I just don't understand but if they make enough to pay their bills have some nice things why isn't there a rainy day fund to cope with little or even not so little emergencies
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Twentyfive, idk why you assume no strippers have a "rainy day fund." Plenty of [smart] strippers have savings and investments. I've voluntarily taken a month off work before and my finances were fine because I planned ahead.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I never said all, I said the majority maybe the outlier is where I club south Florida mainly Palm Beach & Broward counties I know that some of the girls do well but my freind who is one of the hotter older girls said that with the exception of weekend nights & Thursday,Friday afternoons most of the girls are lucky to clear 150 in a dayshift or 300 on a night shift I have been friends with her for close to 12 years and we know each other well she wouldn't be making it up. She told me that many of the younger girls work just a few months and disappear because they just aren't making enough money to support themselves.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion