tuscl

How to make strippers disappear

Friday, March 18, 2016 4:02 AM
Been to Follies twice this week. Seems that when ever the DJ plays a tune and says 2 for 1 lap dances, all the ladies disappear. LOL

30 comments

• motorhead
    8 years ago
    Yup I've had dancers say "I don't do two for one's" Great customer service skills young ladies.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I've experienced that at the Columbia Platinum Plus in the past but never at Follies. That must be a night time thing.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    So they would rather make nothing than $20 + tip for 6 minutes of "work"? That's $200 per hour. I've experienced it too. It's not just cust srvc skills they lack, it's basic finance.
  • Mal2
    8 years ago
    To be fair, dances at Follies are only 10 dollars.... if customers wait for the 2 for 1, they ain't got no money.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Maybe they are all disappearing to the lapdance room! I have actually experienced this at my favorite club where lap dances are half price all Wednesday. A lot of dancers try to avoid this day. Interestingly, though, several of the top earning girls in the club are there every Wednesday. Why? Because they know that customers like value and if they actually like a guy, doing twice the number of dances is no hardship - it actually makes their shift go faster. Not only that, the club's share is only half the normal. My experience is that the girls actually end up selling three or more times the usual dances. Not only that, but there are more "butts in the seats" on these days, which leads to a lot more stage tips.
  • Timex345
    8 years ago
    Running out of money usually works for me.
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    Ok this is weird. I've been to Follies maybe 50 times in the past ten years and I have never once heard any reference to 2-4-1 dances. Does the DJ really announce 2-4-1s? I guess it's possible since "sexy ladies" are the only two words that he knows in English. Still, it seems like at some point I would've heard a reference to 2-4-1s. Maybe it's because I can't conceive of a discount off of a $10 dance. I feel guilty paying only $10 for Follies dances.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    It sucks when that happens. I think the 2fer is odd - and I've never been to clubs during 2fers. However, if I was getting a dance during a 2fer - I'd tip the dancer the cost of the free dance - and I'd still offer a tip as well. It seems like a way to attract hesitant - and money conscious customers. But it also seems like a way to short change the dancers.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Often I've asked the dancer how the house fees are for 2-4-1s. Unless they are lying, all have told me the house cut is the same, it's the dancer that gets screwed on the second song. So I can see why *some* dancers might not like that from their POV. Logically as someone else pointed out, there are only so many songs played each shift and only so many opportunities to make money. Other than avoiding the cheapskates who *only* do the 2-4-1s and never buy regular dances, I don't see why they'd avoid selling discount dances. Last 2-4-1s I ended up doing turned into a 6 song and a 8 song sale for the respective dancer.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    Shadowcat: I got the feeling that they would go to their regular guy and just a few would hide in the back. I still thought it was funny. I have been there a bunch of times and chatting waiting for a dance and been told hold on there is a 2 for 1 coming up and you can get a drink discount. Which I would give back to her cause I am not a drinker or I would buy her a drink. Mai2: Yeah, Seems to be a lot of that going on. I got one lady (Scarlett) to open up a little and she was calling the guys along one wall creeps. They don't get dances just stand around and stare. We were laughing at another guy that approached her as she was about to start dancing for me. I let her going after a few dances.. partly cause I know she is working and partly because he was standing off at a distance just staring at her and creeping her out. Then he says to her, "I just want one dance. I know how you girls are. You just keep dancing and the next thing I know you want $80.00." We had a good laugh and then I gave her $80.00.. Just Kidding... Who would have thought strippers don't like being watched. I does seem to me that they are more about the money as of late than selling a fantasy and a good time. All but the short little thing that call me daddy. I forgot her name. :( If I didn't already have my eye on Scarlett. JohnSmith69: Yep, I think I have heard it every time I have been there. I am there usually day going into evening Shift change. I think you used to get a drink discount card or something before. But I have a flashback to the old Cheetah days, cause he plays that same song and says Dancer review blah blah blah blah 2 for 1 dances. blah blah blah.. Yeah, I can't make out much of what he says either. blah blah blah Free Pussy.. blah blah blah animal shelter. LOL I probably said to much...
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    MrBater - I think you are confused. Every day around 6PM they do have a special but it is buy 2 dances and get a coupon for $10 off on you next drink. The catch is that you have to use that coupon within the next 3 songs.
  • sclvr5005
    8 years ago
    I sometimes see the opposite happen, where the strippers know that the PL's never buy regular priced dances so they only come out of the DR during 2fer1's. It sucks if your willing to pay full price coz there's no girls out on the floor.
  • MrBater2010
    8 years ago
    That maybe Shadowcat that sounds like how it was a year ago. So maybe I am only making out the 2 for 1, he is such a great speaker. But it is still funny that all the girls are at a table or going to the back.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    Simple, show up as a couple.
  • K
    8 years ago
    I enjoy working twice as much for the same money because I know i will make out in the long run. Oh, wait, I'm sorry, i don't like working twice as much for the same money. Some how I make more money by not providing a 50% discount. Even if I did make more money I don't' think it is worth it. I wonder how many of the guys that think the dancer is stupid for not doing this would happily tell their boss, cut my rate by 50% and give me more hours so i can bring home more money.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    The 2-4-1 is pretty much the only time I go to the club the MILF works at. And she never hesitates to give me the 2-4-1 price. And does the same for anyone else who asks. There was a very hot girl at another club a few years ago who danced very sexily onstage, and seemed to be a very hands on type of girl, from watching her give others dances. A 2-4-1 came up and I asked her if she'd dance for me. Her response was, "Sorry hun, I don't do 2-4-1s." And left for the dressing room. Later, she came by and asked, "So, are you ready for for that dance now?" I said, "Sorry hun, those dances I asked for earlier were to see if I wanted to do a VIP with you." Then I went to the VIP with the girl who *did* give me dances.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    In some clubs I've been tbey forces d dancers to circulate & approach custies during d 2-for-1s or they get fined. Also, IME often times d songs r cut so they r not exactly dancing 2 songs for 1.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Most businesses that sell stuff have specials to attract customers - I think it's a bad idea for dancers to avoid 2-for-1s - I myself more often than not buy 1 dance or more after d 2-for-1; and then after that I'll chill & wont buy dances for a whjle.
  • flagooner
    8 years ago
    I haven't seen a 2 4 1 in a long time but I always felt it was the best way to audition a new dancer for additional dances. I am guessing that is the intention. It encourages me to give a girl a chance that I might not otherwise give a second thought to.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    I think they should mix it up and have specials where one gets 2 dancers for 1 song & d price of 1 song. :)
  • s88
    8 years ago
    One stripper told me she has an arrangement with a regular to take her to the VIP room during the lap dance special, she mentioned other dancers also have this set up. This is why only the ugly half of the strippers in the club are out on the floor during the special promo dances.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    @Papi_Chulo- at times it's a little hard to read your writing. Just to clarify, I think: d=the r=are b=be I was never good at reading Ebonics :)
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    If regular dances cost 25 and you occassionally buy dancers drinks, she better be around during a two for one or all that drink buying and dance buying will go out the window. Follies is cheaper than my two for one price. In many places with two for ones, I wouldn't be surprised if the song length was cut short. PP used to do that so I never bought dances during an announced two for one. That was not any bargain IMO.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I do buy two for ones at Lust. It's about the only time I buy dances. Regular Dance prices are high and most do not pay the regular prices unless they are loaded with money or can't wait. Dances are likely much lower mileage than Follies as well so it's not like we think dances are worth 25 each. I do not think dances are worth that much. I went 2 months without even visiting the club so I could go a lot longer without getting any dances if I wanted.
  • lopaw
    8 years ago
    lol @ seaboardrr It isn't getting any better with you & the missus at clubs as far as getting some dancer attention?
  • Ch3ll
    8 years ago
    I go to a club where LDs are $20 but some girls charge $25 when it's clearly signage saying $20. Some girls charge in the middle between $20 - $25. 2 for 1 dances! Ive only heard 2 for 1 drinks. Instead of 2 for 1 dances a club I go to plays the entire song, or as they call it longer songs and the prices are double whether it's LDs or VIP.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I live in a poor state where even the professionals like me on average make 20% less than the national average so almost everyone who lives here is trying to save money. I heard someone say in richer states, they hire people to get work done around their house. That might explain why I'm just used to going down to Lowes and working on stuff myself. sheet rock repair, cutting grass, buying a chain saw to cut down a tree, getting out a ladder to do roof repair. Yesterday I was up in a relatives attic looking for spare equipment and fixed a light fixture. If I was rich, would have just hired someone.
  • rentz2
    8 years ago
    Shadow, when it is shift change at 8pm. They do 2 for 1 dances and there are usually very few dancers that will be around or do the "special". It is different than the 6pm 2 dances and a drink special.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Nice answer, george. Down in South Florida, there's a club that I patronize often. In the past, the club made a big production of the 2-4-1 special. It was a great way to do VIP as you learned how the dancer danced for you. Unfortunately, that practice is no more. I'll still go, I like the place more than Tootsies.
  • seaboardrr
    8 years ago
    lopaw, nope but i can guarantee you in a couple months she'll be going all out and the strippers will be using her as the pole. if there are any truly bi strippers at our favorite club they won't stand a chance
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion