tuscl

My experience

Timex345
Illinois
Every so often I will post a review of a recent visit to a showclub.
I am not a professional writer.
How can someone criticize my experience? I mean, they weren't there.
It is my experience.
I have noticed the biggest critics on this website rarely post reviews themselves.

16 comments

• chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Are you referring to desertscrub?
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Dessertscrub posts many reviews and he seems to be the main one critical of you. I don't go to Indiana so I don't often read your reviews but it seems the general criticism is you shill for the hip hugger or that you talked about the one dancer you felll in love with.

If I'm going to go to a strip club I don't care about your relationship with a dancer, that tells me nothing about the club. If I'm going to a club, tell me about dancers who give good mileage, the range in looks and ethnicitiesof all dancers, cost of entry, dances and drinks. Criticize when it's necessary, praise when appropriate but don't go overboard either way. We've all had good days and bad days at our favorite clubs. I think we all just look for objectivity. You can give us some perspective of the girl, but most guys don't care about the problems you have with her personally.

Just my two cents.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Maybe they're upset that you keep calling them show clubs. Not that this bothers me of course.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    What specifically was criticized? If your review is true, you can ignore any criticism of your experience. But many reviews posted on this site are unclear and could be better written.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Timex, those of us who criticize your reviews aren't critical of your *experience* -- we're critical of your *content*, which is generally high on emotion and low on information. When you're writing a review, keep in mind that your readers want useful information about the club and its dancers and don't give a flip about dancers who have wronged you or hurt your feelings. We're actually trying to help you become a better reviewer, which isn't primarily about writing skills.
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    I don't criticize others reviews. If I prop a review - it's because the review offered an excellent overview of the club.

I read a few of your reviews, and they describe your experience in detail, and that's good. In my opinion - there should be two separate areas to post experiences. There should be a place to review a club - and basically state the facts of the club - so new clubbers know what to expect when planning a trip. There should also be an area to describe recent trips - so you can offer your opinion about what happened during your visit (drama - new DS talent - etc).
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Back in the early days of TUSCL when an editor actually read reviews before they were published, I had a review rejected because they thought that it was more of personal experience than a review of the club. I rewrote it and it was accepted.
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    But in many cases describing your experience provides a review of the club. I dont need everyone to describe the layout so that i can feel my way around if the lights go out.

Would you rather have someone say the mileage was good or describe the mileage they received. What one customer considers a good time another may not.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    I find discussions of mileage to be of little use.

The real issue is, can you engage in front room friendliness, GFE auditions?

Not interested in 'mileage' or 'extras'. I want it to be like it is in the TJ Hong Kong Bar, and like it is in the most extreme of Black Dives in the US, and like it is in the most extreme of the Mixed Race Dives in the US.

SJG
  • flagooner
    9 years ago

@sjg

Okay then....

Wouldn't a description of someone's experience of whatever it is that you are talking about be better than just saying that it is good?
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    ^^^ I agree - when describing your experience - it provides insight about the club in other ways (than simply reviewing the club layout).

I've hesitated to provide reviews on several clubs since the reviews are all dated - and my reviews aren't as current as the current date - and I don't want to mislead others.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Wow, you too, huh?

I am writing / drafting my other reviews now, and I am trying to improve them before they are submitted. At first I read through minnow's reviews (which was the style I am aiming for) but then I started reading through desertscub's reviews, so see if there was room for improvement.

I guess, if I was back in college, I would ask the professor for some examples of 'A' work, so I can see what the "hive mind" here at TUSCL is looking for in a review.

shadowcat --> "I had a review rejected because they thought that it was more of personal experience than a review of the club. I rewrote it and it was accepted." --> end quote shadowcat

Can you elaborate slightly? If pure personal experience is a 1 and a pure review of the club is 2, should I shoot for 1.67?

Thanks!
    Dominic
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    I just try to write a review that I think will be useful to someone wanting to know about the club. If you find it to be useful, awesome. If not, maybe someone else's review will be better.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    "Wouldn't a description of someone's experience of whatever it is that you are talking about be better than just saying that it is good?"

Yes of course it would be better. I think you are just starting to see how inadequate most reviews are.

SJG
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    ^^^^And to think this is a guy that has never posted a review yet has been giving advice here since 2014, who'd ever guessed it ?
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Got to draw limits on what I say online, to maintain a firewall around my f2f life as I am involved in contentious public affairs.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion