tuscl

Materialism

Tuesday, March 1, 2016 7:14 PM
Running off of a comment papi said in another thread. I agree with Maybe some on this site is and that's ok I'm not judging. Hell who am i ? Lol Speaking for myself im not materialist. If i made six figures i would still rent a room and drive around cars worth $5,000 lol if that. I would only by new clothing only when it was a need and not a wont...im even sure i would still shop at the thrift store. I would club more often but i would never exceed $200 per visit and that's just because i believe in excessive spending. $100-$200 is enough for drinks, stage and dances...now if sex gets involved sure toss on a extra $200-$400 but their is never any real reason to go past those numbers. Even if i was a billionaire those would stay my club figures and i would only club once a week...hell let's face it...past that and shit gets boaring....absence makes the heart grow fonder...lol But thanking about it that's really it What you men feel about this

13 comments

• Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    Well said. I agree with your ideas as well. Materialism is a never ending cycle - and it feeds off of itself. The line from Fight Club is appropriate "The things you own - end up owning you." Experiences make life worthwhile - not possessions.
  • just_the_nuts
    8 years ago
    Could not agree more AMEN
  • rockstar666
    8 years ago
    I like nice things, but I'm also cheap. I find I go without a lot, but when I buy, I buy quality but keep an eye on value. My music equipment is all professional and expensive, my cars are utilitarian (not counting the toy) and moderate, my house is comfy if humble, and I enjoy the rare treat of a $200 dinner in a fine restaurant when I'm able. If I had unlimited money I'd have a LOT of expensive junk; my personality would completely change, because I could afford decadence. In fact, that's always been a goal in my life: conspicuous consumption. But as it is, I have to watch the dollars but I'm okay.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    You find as your income increases you buy more expensive things. You buy a bigger house, a nicer car, a more attractive stripper. Soon those things seem normal to you, and you don't want to do without them.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    I'm on the fence. I like security. I like convenience. Please tell me how I can get a 5k car that won't be in the shop every month? I'm not big on flash or conspicuous consumption. But I do like to be comfortable.
  • just_the_nuts
    8 years ago
    Being comfortable is a good way of putting it
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I'm a materialist when it comes to strippers. Only the best will do.
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Wife works two jobs and makes good money. I am professional and I make great money. We own basically nothing.Every appliance is 17 years old, our house is only 2,200 sq ft (worst in my neighborhood), two subarus etc. Anyone breaking into our house would find some jewelry, my coin collection from my childhood and a tv. Thats it. Of course we have skied Oregon, Utah and been to Nevada for gambling since the new year and it is golf in florida in 2 weeks.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    I spent my twenties and early thirties paycheck-to-paycheck. Started making serious money mid-thirties. My wife and I now each have six-figure incomes, and live nicely but not lavishly. We each have good reliable transportation, but its a Ford and a Nissan. We have a 4/3 2200sf home with a caged pool, not the biggest or nicest in the neighborhood, but better than others. I like Dockers pants, skechers shoes, and Columbia shirts. I haven't bought a new TV in six years. I do keep the gaming consoles cutting edge. Materialism is in the eye of the beholder. Some people, like SJG, would look upon me as the hated bourgeoisie; high-rollers have looked upon me as woefully lacking in taste and sophistication. I think I've found a happy medium. Having said all that, I would spend a lot more time and money in strip clubs if the selection in Ft. Myers wasn't so shitty
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Give me 6 figures and I'm driving a benz or BMW.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Lol
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Do you know the cost of ownership on Benz's and BMWs? Not only no, but hell no.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    For myself I have always preferred to live on the cheap. But this will not always continue to be so. But in the group I am building, no one will have to worry about spending money to impress young hotties, or to placate wives. SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion