tuscl

Providence RI .. One of the last SC cities

cnyknight
New York
Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:08 AM
Fellow TUSCLers, work is taking me to providence RI which I was really excited about because I had heard it was one of the better SC cities. So I spent the last hour or so cruising the reviews trying to plan where to hit. I have to say the reviews didn't really seem to live up to the hype. Has providence fallen into the realm of many northeast cities in terms of clubbing? If anyone has any club suggestions that maybe the reviews aren't highlighting, would be greatly appreciated. Clubs that go the extra mile to make customers happy or a really good lapdance spot is a plus!

9 comments

• shailynn
    8 years ago
    Yes, providence is not what it once was as in terms of extra fun, but I am out of the loop on what is currently the best.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Didn't they close a loophole in the law that had previously made prostitution effectively legal there in the past couple years?
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Yes, I can't remember what it was off the top of my hand but most strip clubs up there were basically brothels. Kinda like another city I know. Actually several cities for that matter.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    2009 apparently they passed a law specifically making prostitution illegal, where previously it was only streetwalking, pimping and brothels. So basically as long as it stayed out of sight it was okay, which seems like a saner policy.
  • impala
    8 years ago
    Yeah, 10 years ago basically anything you wanted, as long as you kept your mouth shut about it, and had deep pockets. I knew a couple of dancers (that we're known for extras) that went up there 3 or 4 times a year, always bragging about making more money in a week than the rest of the year back here.
  • cnyknight
    8 years ago
    well damn ... that is disappointing
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    I am a providence regular and I would go to Club Desires, where I will be tonight. If you want full contact with a pretty dancer the privacy is unmatched. If you want extras, daytime is a better bet, but with the right dancers and the privacy its a normal occurrence here. No cover until 8, buy a drink card for $20 and get $25 loaded onto it. Most private CR I have seen anywhere in America. Prostitution: In the 90's streetwalking was a huge problem so they made a very specific law targeting it, but made a mistake in the wording so that prostitution inside wasn'tt mentioned. Didn't make it legal, just didn't make it illegal. As per usual idiots on boards like this made such a big deal the loophole closed. All it did was cut down extras to fewer places, but the trade off is those providing extras are no longer skanks. Everyone says they miss Cheaters, but I recall it asa club where I would rather pay the dancer $100 to not even talk to me, let alone blow me.
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    Ski I agree with you about Cheaters Periodically I would wander in there just to look but I never did get a dance there despite getting the Cheaters handshake from several moderately tolerable women! I tried the club that replaced it and was also disappointed, same class of girl but low mileage. There is a club next door that I tried but it was overly loud and filled with touch resistant high pressure plastic.I personally have liked Cadillac Lounge in the past but Desire was always my second choice. Mileage is better during the week but ever since the underage girl was caught at Cheaters offering full service mileage has gone done as the politicos made the most of the public uproar. YMMV
  • MULANEY
    8 years ago
    About a year ago I had the same sense of euphoria when I found out I was going to Providence for work. I found out the hard way most places there are a negative for extra curricular. As Ski and Tire mentioned above: Best bets are Desires and Cadillac. In either of those places you are bound to find a solid 6 or higher that is willing to pay closer attention to your "spectator". Might take a drop of leg work but sure as hell beats the terrible SC scenes in every other Northeast city.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion