tuscl

OT: Man Skips Work For 6 Years, Nobody Notices

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
No wonder Spain's government is fucked up.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/man-…?

12 comments

• sflguy123
    9 years ago
    “I called him up and asked him, ‘What did you do yesterday? The month before, the month before that?’ He didn’t know what to say,” Blas said.

He had six years to think up an answer for when that happened.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    Ha, I posted that on my FB page. Good work if you can get it. Being 100% commission for the past 30 years I could do with some free money.
  • Cashman1234
    9 years ago
    That's too funny! They only caught him because they were going to give him an award for 20 years of service! He was only actually working for 14 of those years!

This sounds like a Seinfeld episode.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Reminds be of the Capt Tuttle episode from MASH.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Damn, what a lucky guy .
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    If you don't do anything, you won't do anything wrong.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Awesome. That's like a George Costsnza wet dream...

Just think of how much time he would have had to go clubbing with???
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Haha that's my wet dream.
  • Tiredtraveler
    9 years ago
    There is no difference between our "government" and theirs. The federal government could fire two out of three employees and no one would notice. No one noticed the "government shut down" with the exception of high profile targeted places that would make the news.
  • bkkruined
    9 years ago
    There are people like this in all kinds of industry, government and private, large and small. I've never known one to last 6 years, but there have been plenty of people at past employers that no one knew WTF they did. And, usually they did show up, one or two were strictly work from home. And likely they had some kinda project they were working on, generally some manager's pet project that never gets done before some reorg gets rid of them...
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    The more my incompetent coworkers go MIA, the more productive I become.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    My parents used to keep a boat in the Virgin Islands. They had a friend on another boat who was a lineman for Detroit Edison who had suffered an injury and had been placed on injury leave. He had been on this status for three years and actually couldn't do that job anymore, but had always said that if they found him a desk job, he'd be right back to work. Some HR person back in Detroit got her back up about this guy cruising around on injury leave and decided to call him back. True to his word, he out the boat up for sale, bought winter clothes and went back home to Detroit. When everyone saw that he was serious about taking the job that really didn't need doing, they gave him early retirement instead.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion