tuscl

Strip clubs fade in booming Nashville

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs

9 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Nashville went and then Memphis. Tennessee has become another strip club wasteland.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Ha ha! When I visited Nashville the last thing I thought of was going to a strip club. Too many other places to have a good time. Entertainment value is high, and also relatively at a low cost.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Nashville traffic is terrible.
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    This seems to be a sad trend.
  • Oliver_Clothesoff_66
    9 years ago
    Sorry about this. My maiden strip club voyage was to Brass Stables in Printers Alley when I was travelling by myself to Nashville on business in mid-90's. As they say, time marches on.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    As far as I can tell, there is no longer any reason to go to strip clubs in Nashville. All fun has been regulated out of them: "In Nashville the Sexually Oriented Business Licensing Board started enforcing new guidelines in 2006. That included tightened restrictions on strip clubs, including strict rules against physical contact between a performer and a customer requiring a three-foot separation."

Then there's this sobering statistic: "Nationwide, the number of strip clubs fell from about 3,800 in 2007 to about 3,500 in 2013, according to a 2014 report on the U.S. strip club industry by Marketdata Enterprises. The number of strip clubs in Nashville pales in comparison to other cities of similar size. Portland has about 54, Atlanta has 30 and Detroit has 32."

To put these numbers in context, these cities have populations and strip clubs as follows:

Detroit . . . . . . . 680,000 . . . 30
    Nashville . . . . . 650,000 . . . . 4
    Portland . . . . . .620,000 . . . 54
    Atlanta . . . . . . .450,000 . . . 32

To add two cities that I know well:

Austin . . . . . . . .910,000 . . . 12
    Indianapolis . . . 850,000 . . . 16
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    There used to be a place in Memphis which was high mileage before high mileage was prevalent in SC's. That was in the 1990's, and because I didn't live there I didn't get to enjoy it very often. When I did go there, I loved it because the women were universally hot. I also went to a place outside Knoxville which was high mileage and full of of Uber hot women

Sad to hear that the state is cracking down. I'd be pissed if I lived there now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    We need our own PL movement - e.g. "PL lives matter"
  • Ugluck75
    9 years ago
    Nashville is pretty sad. There are a few clubs in the midstate that are ok though like Midnight Express. Often I just visit Atlanta instead for their clubs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion