Last night I met a stripper who was a 2AMer victim

Actually, it was a 1:53AMer three months ago at Heat. Here's the news story: http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index…

I was sitting at the bar of a club last night when a group comes in, two of whom are obviously strippers out for a night on the town. One of the dancers ends up on the bar stool next to me and we strike up a conversation. I'm pretty sure I've seen her somewhere before so I ask where she worked when she was dancing. Eventually it comes out that she was one of the shooting victims at Heat back in November 2015. Lost her spleen due to the shooting.

I asked her if she had gone back to dancing and she said no one would hire her because she'd put on weight while recovering and because of her scars. Now this girl has a few extra pounds, but I could tell she had been a looker before putting on the weight and I've seen MUCH heavier girls working in the divier clubs of Portland. Heat is a real shit hole, so I know she was (at least before the shooting) willing to work in lesser clubs.

We talked some more and eventually she admitted that she just didn't want to deal with the attention the scars would bring. They opened her up sternum to pubis to repair the bullet damage. She showed me the scar, which wasn't bad but would be difficult to hide as a nude dancer.

Anyway, that's my closest brush with a 2AMer. I hope never to get closer. Anybody else have first or second hand experience with this sort of thing?

3 comments

• larryfisherman
    9 years ago
    That's sad.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    It didn't happen in the club but a few years ago a dancer that I had done several VIPs with came up to me and related to me that 3 men had forced there way into her apartment, shot her BF in the head and took like $1200 in cash from her. Of course the BF was dead. Funny that it never made the newspapers but a guy that I knew that knew her better said that he had seen proof. We concluded that drugs were probably involved. I had to turn her down for VIP.
  • dtek
    9 years ago
    @larryfisherman
    Yeah, that's what I thought too. She had this sad demeanor as she told me about loving dancing on stage and feeling like she'd never be able to do it again.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion