tuscl

Ot Strange resturants

crazyjoe
Colorado
What is the strangest resturant you have ate at...

Mine is probably Casa Bonita in Lakewood CO

17 comments

• rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I've eaten there before. All theme restaurants are a little strange.

There's a 50's themed restaurant (I forget the name) where the staff is rude on purpose.
  • anongirl98
    9 years ago
    "Dick's Last Resort" is the name if we're thinking of the same one^
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^ that's right, we got one in San Diego. We also had a bar/grill called "Dick's At The Beach", but it got closed down, because everyone complained about the rowdiness
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^ Is that one Downtown San Diego? If so i have been there
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^Yes...I also remember an Ethiopian all-you-can-eat buffet place. Sounds strange, huh?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    A Sambo's in Sarasota, Florida in the 70's where my aunt was a manager.

Several communities passed ordinances making the name illegal because the PC police thought it sounded racist, when in fact, the name SAM and BO were taken from parts of the two founder's name.

• ButterMan
    9 years ago
    Yes I've been to those dick last resort spots where everybody is rude on purpose....a little bit over the top and kind of silly really.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I thought Ed Debevic's in Chicago was the 50'style diner with rude waiters?
  • anongirl98
    9 years ago
    I think there's multiple
  • grand1511
    9 years ago
    Safe House in downtown Miilwaukee.....It's a spy themed place and with no signage out front. When you figure out you're at the right place you have to figure out a hidden device that let's you get from the lobby into the actual restaurant. Once you're in, you can watch closed circuit TVs showing live footage of other people trying to figure out how to get in. Surprisingly good food for such a quirky place. And the whole interior is decorated with spy stuff.
  • ButterMan
    9 years ago
    Rain forest cafe in vegas in Chitown is a little strange but kind of popular at the same time.
  • lopaw
    9 years ago
    The Heart Attack Grill in Vegas.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    Motor - Ed Debevicks is the place I went to.
  • WetWilly
    9 years ago
    Durgin Park in Boston, one of the oldest restaurants in North America. Reports claim it goes back to 1742.

Rudest servers I've ever met, an international scandal :-)
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    2:

Secret sandwich society located in Fayetteville West Virginia. Everything is homemade, even the ketchup.

Steakhouse, located inside the circus circus in Las Vegas. If you don't know, circus circus is pretty much a dump but tucked away is probably one of the best restaurants in Vegas. You walk in and it's like you stepped back in time 50 years, and it's awesome. I read about it in a magazine, that's how I discovered it and bring your own wine, their list sucks and they allow you to bring your own.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    There is a great little brew pub in Spring Lake Michigan (Grandhaven area on Lake Michigan) called Old Boy's Brewhouse. It is family friendly and features a canine inspired decor- there are dog pictures everywhere, they have awesome food and beer but they also sell their own homemade dog biscuits made out of spent brewing grains!

The Brewery is on the Grand River about 2-1/2 miles inland of Lake Michigan so there is plenty of pleasure boat traffic running past the quay- it has its own dock facilities and an outdoor patio where often people actually bring their dogs! Great place for a cold craft beer, a good menu, and plenty of opportunity for watching the boats, watching the people, watching girls sunning themselves on the boats or jogging past on the bicycle/pedestrian trail along the waterfront, and dog watching as well. Raised the WOOF on what I expect from a brewpub!

http://www.oldboysbrewhouse.com/
  • Dominic77
    9 years ago
    Capt'n Taco @ CLE.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion