tuscl

OT: The Sales Are Over

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
I don't know what it is, but always around the holiday season I get bombarded with sale fliers and emails. the next thing I know for some reason I find the need to buy all this crap I don't really need.

Being busy with the holidays, I don't buy them, but after everything has calmed down (like now), I go to buy something and it's twice as much now since the sales are over! I often think, if you'd run the sale prices more often, is probably be more willing to buy a lot of useless shit I don't need. Anyone else agree?

Example - I didn't even know an "iPad pro" existed until a few weeks ago. I found one then for $700 and now they're almost $900. I mean, it would look great next to my iPad and iPad mini that I never use!

10 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    My ex wife used to buy stuff we didn't need just because it was on sale and then put it on a credit card with a 15-21% interest rate. Just one of the things that led to our divorce.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Don't worry, there are still specials going on for chacken fangers
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    When I was at my family Christmas one of the young kids got one of those self balancing two-wheeled boards. Some call it a "hoverboard" but they're not like the hoverboard in "Back to the Future".

I think they might be fun at first - for a few days - but I can't see this toy holding the attention of a kid for very long. Once you master it (apparently rather easy to do) I would think it would get boring quickly. I don't know how practical it really is.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    I find it strange that it took so long for them to develop the hoverboard as a toy. Back in the 70's an acquaintance of mine built one in his garage using the motor from a vacuum cleaner.
  • rentz2
    9 years ago
    No one has developed a hoverboard
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Two reports in the last two days that those things caught on fire. Crap technology
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    rentz2 - I stand corrected. I really didn't do my homework. these so called hoverboards do not levitate. The one my acquaintance built did. About 6 inches off the ground.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    To be clear, the media are calling these hoverboards, but they have wheels and are not like the skateboard device in Back to the Future.

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    A real hoverboard has been invented, but it costs about $20K. It looks cool.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35201…
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^+ $4500 FOR THE CHARGER. IT ONLY FLYS 6 MINUTES AND 20 KM PER HOUR
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion