tuscl

Walking from Bogart's to Henry VIII

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 8:31 AM
I'm planning a trip to Detroit soon, and will be getting around once I arrive (staying near the airport) by cab. I am considering taking a cab to either Bogart's or Henry VIII, spending time at one of them, walking to the other, and then taking a cab back to the hotel. My doctor has indicated that I should try to be a bit more active during the day, and walking the .8 miles between the clubs seems like a way to do this (which I don't mind). It looks like there is a golf course between them, so it can't be that dangerous to walk there. If it matters, I'd be going in the afternoon and wouldn't be out after dark. Thoughts?

4 comments

• jackslash
    9 years ago
    You can walk. That area of Inkster is an ugly commercial area, but it is not dangerous, especially during the day. I would not recommend walking between the Detroit strip clubs on 8 Mile Road.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Yeah, I'm an out-of-shape 61-year-old white guy, but I would walk from Bogart's to Henry's in a heartbeat -- in the daytime. Inkster is not for the faint of heart, but that area around Michigan Ave and Middlebelt is OK.
  • IronFox22
    9 years ago
    I'll likely be there in February or March. Hope it aint bitter cold. I've been wanting to try the Hamilton clubs for quite some time--and Henry VIII and Bogart's appear to be the way to go. I'm sure Henry VIII South and John's Hot Spot are good, but I don't want to do a ton of cabbing around.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    IronFox: And I, on the other hand, am sure that H8S and John's Hot Spot are *not* good (though only by hearsay in the latter case). My visit to H8S was one of my all-time least favorite strip club experiences -- certainly among those that ended with a BJ :) (See my review from early June.) However, I have always had an excellent time in three visits to H8N and two to Bogart's and recommend that you do just what you have proposed. Since you're in the area, let me put in a plug here for the Silver Criket in Dearborn Heights, just three miles up Michigan Ave. from Bogart's. Dancer quality is in general higher than at any of the Hamilton clubs and it's becoming increasingly extras-friendly. On my last two visits I was amused to see stripper heels poking out from under the curtains surrounding the "VIP rooms" :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion