tuscl

Have you ever had to leave a club b/c of technical difficulties ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

From a recent review of The Body Club (a small black club I visit down here in Miami and was there yesterday):

“... I am from out of town. I was in town on business and staying at a hotel on South beach. Wanted to try a club that wasn't too far of an uber drive away. Made it to the club a little before midnight. No trouble finding it with uber. Cover was $10. Went inside and sat at the bar. Place was very dark. There was a small stage that wasn't very elevated. There were about 20 patrons and some of them were shooting pool. Very small. Very very very dark. Ordered a jack on rocks for around $10. Dancers were all black, there seemed to be about 10. They ranged from 5-7. Had a dancer sit and she immediately asked if she could have a drink. After 5 minutes of small talk, the manager came out and announced that there was a problem with the lights and they had called a mechanic. He said everyone had to leave after ten minutes. There was a lot of yelling and screaming between patrons and the manager. He said he would let people back in after the issue was fixed but didn't know if it would be 10 minutes or 2 hours. People demanded refunds or admission for another night and he refused. During the fighting, I got one dance but she was really focused on finishing her drink. After 10 minutes, all the patrons were sitting outside and all the dancers were leaving. Patrons became very upset and we're continuing arguments with the managers. I found this as my time to leave. Might be fun to be had, appears to be good value, but I don't think I would be back many because of the way management handled the situation ...”

https://www.tuscl.net/club.php?id=1589

29 comments

• sflguy123
    9 years ago
    I've had technical difficulties in that I've had an explosion in my pants that lead me leaving the club soon afterward. Sometimes a quick stop to the bathroom to try to mob up some of the gooey substance was in order.

I've been in clubs that lost power for a little while, mainly b/c of rain, but I can't recall if it forced us to leave.

BTW, the A/C in the back room at The Mint has be blowing warm air for the past 2 weeks so maybe they have the same mechanic.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    In Key West once, we had to abandon ship. No power.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    LOL; blowing “a transformer” in your pants seems to be a common technical difficulty in many strip-clubs; I wonder why this type of technical difficulty happens so much; what are these dancers doing to cause such issues.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    No but I was at a club last month where a dancer broke a shoe and she had to leave
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    I arrived at the strip club one cold winter day in Detroit only to be told by the valet that the club's furnace was not working. I went inside anyway, thinking that the strippers might need me to warm them up. But there were no dancers to be seen. The manager told me that all the strippers were huddling in the dressing room and it might be hours before the furnace was fixed. So I left.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ at least you tried to be of help :)
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Bogarts, jackslash ??
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    Once, the furnace started belching smoke and we had to clear the club until the fire department came and gave the all clear.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I remember hearing a dancer say it was cold in the club. She hopped on my lap to warm up saying I was the warmest thing in the entire club. I figure there are a lot of cold blooded reptilian people living here in the South because I see people wearing coats and jackets when it is in the upper 70's.

I had technical difficulty one time leaving a club due to 5 inches of sleet mixed with some snow and freezing rain outside.
  • likes2look
    9 years ago
    @Papi. - "blowing “a transformer” in your pants seems to be a common technical difficulty in many strip-clubs; I wonder why this type of technical difficulty happens so much; what are these dancers doing to cause such issues."

I believe that the friction of the dancer grinding on your lap causes the 'transformers' to overheat causing an explosion. This sort of thing rarely happens in air dance clubs.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ ahh ! - never would have crossed my PL-mind

:)
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    From the title I thought "technical difficulties" meant that the reviewer couldn't get it up.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ LOL - those "failure to launch" difficulties are not fun :)
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I've mentioned this before. I was in a Tampa club one summer afternoon when a thunderstorm knocked out the power. 90% of the customers left, but the few that stayed behind were treated to interesting an 2 hours of fun.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Yes. I've been at a club before and they lost power. As you can imagine, it was pitch black inside (never been to a strip club that has windows...)

Left and went to a club down the street that had power still.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    A long time ago I was at a club, now defunct, in Providence called Hawks. The bartender refused to serve a street walker and she pulled out a pistol and just as she pulled the trigger a patron on the other side of her pushed her arm up and the shot hit the ceiling. They dragged her outiside, put the gun in a drawer and the night continued, so I guess not.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Vincemichaels, I was frozen out of the Flight Club. I posted a discussion on this a couple years ago.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…
  • Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    Only thing that's ever happened to me was the power flickered killing the computer that played our music. I was on stage just finished my 1st song when it happened. I had the stage full and every table around full. I didn't want to stop dancing cause I wasn't sure how long it would be till they fixed the computer. So I kept to the beat of my last song and danced to the rain for probably a full songs length, so I ended up being on stage for 4 songs really as far as time length. When they finally got it back they picked something random from my play list which was way off from what I was dancing to. (Before stuff like rob zombie, marylin manson. Then I here millionair, and I don't remember the other one but another soft song.)
  • Phoenix133
    9 years ago
    Billionaire*
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Phoen,

"rob zombie, marylin manson"?

Excellent! I would love that. My ATF was a Rammstein fan. Certainly none of these are typical SC fare. I really enjoy when a dancer stretches the norm. :)

• NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Part of the ceiling fell down in a club I worked at. I was dancing in VIP and we heard a crash, when we got out we saw. Lol. Good thing it was slow and no one was in that area!
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    Nina,

Didn't shut down the club, but one I was in had a trapeze like fixture on the ceiling above the stage. A Papi girl trots over and jumps up and grabs it. KABOOM! Both to the floor as it rips out of the ceiling. Luckily, she was just embarrassed and not hurt.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago
    ^^^. Lol.

"A Papi girl" should be added to our TUSCL Lexicon.
  • rl27
    9 years ago
    I have had a power outage during a thunderstorm shut down a few clubs, while at another club this was no problem. One club handed out flashlights to everyone and offered half off dances while the power was off. I was in the back with one of my favorites when the power went out and she went out to get a flash light and came right back saying, "the club can't really see what we are doing back here, so we can have some real fun." I had one of the best times ever with her, at a club that was very low on the extras scale.

When we came out of the lap dance area about 30 minutes later the club was mostly dead. Only about five guys and seven dancers were left. Oh well their loss, because those of us who stayed had a very good time.

In one case the club had to shut down due to a stupid city ordinance. I guess the city was worried that two adults would do something they shouldn't if no one could see you very well.

One club the sound system failed and the dancers stopped dancing. I gave them about twenty minutes to fix it then left.
  • Clubber
    9 years ago
    war,

I think you just added it! :)
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    At one club, since the fog machine was working per specs, you really couldn't say it was a technical difficulty, but because a number of people -- dancers, staff, and customers -- left because the fog was irritating eyes, sinuses, and everything else, I guess you could say it was a failure.
  • Jackmd
    9 years ago
    Lost power at the club. Only the emergency lights over the doors provided light. The bouncers herded all the dancers into the dressing room so the PL's didn't take advantage of the situation. We would have you know. When I left , the dancers were still in the dressing room.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    My zipper broke. :)
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Shadow, her tongue stud didn't get caught in it, did it?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion