tuscl

Lol, tv news in South Carolina wants us to report DUI drivers or drivers keeping

If I carried around a phone and reported every car I saw keeping bright lights on, I would be calling almost every 5 minutes for over 30 minutes and probably never make it to a strip club on every single weekend.

7 comments

• tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Shark,you will never be accussed of having your bright lights on.
  • crsm27
    9 years ago
    One thing to ask if you get pulled over for "bright lights".... is ask them is it against the law to do so???

Because I got pulled over one time with the brights on. I had them on because the bulb burned out with regular beams. So only the high beams were working. So I put them on... cop pulled me over and told me that he did so because my high beams were on. I asked him if that was against the law.... he stood there dumb founded..... Then I said... I put them on low beam and told him to look.... Then I said... would you rather have me driving with one head light or two..... Again he looked dumb founded and said... have a good day.

• sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    It probably irritates the cops plus other drivers with a bunch of people driving rural roads with some traffic with bright lights on. I believe some are like tumbling, they don't care if they blind other drivers. South Carolina isn't one of the most dangerous states to drive in for no reason. Imagine tumbling driving around like he posts here except times 200. I thought it was amusing they got the news to report that they may get pulled over under suspicion of being drunk. I believe most of those drivers drive like tumbling posts here. It's a lost cause.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    The news report sounded to me like any driver who is disrespectful and keeps their bright lights on must be drunk, report them immediately. A lame attempt by the police to use the media to reduce the problem on rural roads in South Carolina. I think there is a better chance that Founder hires a moderator and bans tumbling for being disrespectful towards just about every guy on here. There probably are a small percentage drunk, sleepy or too poor to fix their lights but i think most have no respect, or don't give a damn about other drivers. Sort of like tumbling attempting to feel better by calling others not too bright or whatever disrespectful thing he thinks of. It's an epidemic here.

Based on the fact that fatality rates on i85 are directly correlated to the price of gasoline in an inverse relationship, I could argue those less qualified to drive are driving in much greater numbers as well.
  • rh48hr
    9 years ago
    I need them to have their brights on so I can see my phone to report then.
  • twentyfive
    9 years ago
    I believe that this took place in South Carolina
    A police officer pulls a guy over for speeding this is the conversation that took place
    Officer: May I see your driver's license?
    Driver: I don't have one. I had it suspended when I got my 5th DUI.
    Officer: May I see the registration for this vehicle?
    Driver: It's not my car. I stole it.
    Officer: The car is stolen?
    Driver: That's right. But come to think of it, I think I saw the registration in the glove box when I was putting my gun in there.
    Officer: There's a gun in the glove box?
    Driver: Yes sir. That's where I put it after I shot and killed the woman who owns this car and stuffed her in the trunk.
    Officer: There's a BODY in the TRUNK?!?!?
    Driver: Yes, sir.
    Hearing this, the officer immediately called his captain.
    The car was quickly surrounded by police, and the captain approached the driver to handle the tense situation:
    Captain: Sir, can I see your license?
    Driver: Sure. Here it is.
    Captain: Who's car is this?
    Driver: It's mine, officer. Here's the registration.
    Captain: Could you slowly open your glove box so I can see if there's a gun in it?
    Driver: Yes, sir, but there's no gun in it.
    Sure enough, there was nothing in the glove box.
    Captain: Would you mind opening your trunk? I was told you said there's a body in it.
    Driver: No problem.
    Trunk is opened; no body.
    Captain: I don't understand it. The officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.
    Driver: I'll bet that liar told you I was speeding, too
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    :) good one twentyfive
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion