tuscl

Brooklyn Ill 2Amer

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
BROOKLYN, Ill. (AP) — An eastern Missouri man has been fatally shot outside a strip club in southwestern Illinois.

The Belleville News-Democrat reports (http://bit.ly/1NsanTp ) that 29-year-old Salahudin Malik Robbins of Berkeley, Missouri, was shot and killed in the parking lot of Bottoms Up Strip Club in Brooklyn, Illinois, just before 3 a.m. Sunday.

Brooklyn police arrived on the scene after receiving a call about the shooting. The caller also said at least four people were shot.

Illinois State Police Sgt. Chris Hoffstot says two people were taken to the hospital for treatment, but their medical conditions weren't immediately available.

Hoffstot says there was a crowd of people at the scene and that police are continuing to interview witnesses. Police are also reviewing surveillance footage from the area.

___

11 comments

• deogol
    9 years ago
    Terrorism... we all know it was terrorism!!!!
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    Sounds like a black Muslim got liquidated. Good job, Brooklyn.
  • Toomuchcover
    9 years ago
    The East St Loiuis area is pretty rough. I don't see how anyone named Salahudin could be an innocent victim. Would I have more sympathy for a guy named Mark, Bob, or Tim? Yup!
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    One down....
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Wait a minute. The guys last name is Robbins. That doesn't sound Muslim to me.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I assume that Mr. Robbins is black, as are the vast majority of American *converts* to Islam, both in inner cities and in prisons. It is stated that he's from Berkeley, MO, which is a rather poor inner suburb of St Louis located right next to Lambert Airport . . . and Ferguson. By the way, when I'm on a sightseeing or concert or baseball trip to St Louis, I typically stay at one of the airport hotels in Berkeley, so I know the area rather well. Berkeley's population in 2010 was about 9000; in 1970 it was 19,000!

To shadowcat: I, for one, appreciate your 2amers. This is the second time in recent months that someone has been killed outside a strip club that I have also visited in the wee hours. The first was 6th Avenue Dancers in Terre Haute, IN, which I sometimes visit well after midnight. Now comes Bottoms Up, which shares a parking lot with Roxy's and PT's, both of which have seen my PL ass after midnight. These 2amers [should] cause me to re-examine where I choose to spend my time late at night. If you read about a shooting victim at a Midwestern dive club at 2am and he's described as having $2 bills spilling out of his pockets, say a prayer for my loved ones :)

To other recent posters: All lives matter. Do you really want to go down the road of minimizing the value of some lives because they're of a different color or religion? I assume you're kidding, but this is serious stuff.
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    FYI: Outside of strip clubs, paying, tipping, and going out of your way to use two dollar bills is like a calling card that you support the Second Amendment and carry a gun. I know some old timers who will purposely pay/tip with them in stores/restaurants displaying those "no guns allowed inside" signs as a way to mock the businesses and possibly even hint they are packing a heater.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    sinclair: Good to know! Though I don't carry a gun, I'm a fervent supporter of our 2nd Amendment right to own and carry guns.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Good point Shadowcat

I know ISIS would never fake IDs

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/12/1…
  • samsung1
    9 years ago
    With the decline of industry from the mid-20th century on and the loss of jobs, Brooklyn has suffered high unemployment and problems similar to those of East St. Louis. It has struggled with persistent crime, and a limited economy and tax base. A cluster of bars and strip clubs provide a primary source of revenue in its limited economy. In June 2007, it was reported that three-quarters of Brooklyn's revenue of $380,000 comes through sales tax and a $30,000 licensing fee from the adult clubs.[12]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooklyn…
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    A lot of Iraqi's from Detroit go by the name of Johnny out here
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion