OT: Edmund Fitzgerald

sinclair
Strip Club Nation
Today is the 40th anniversary of the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Forty years later, we still didn't learn that we can't outsmart nature. Take for example, the El Faro six weeks ago.

I am sitting at a bar drinking Great Lakes Brewing Company's Edmund Fitzgerald Porter and just put Gordon Lightfoot on the jukebox. When I was a kid, my family went to the shipwreck museum in Whitefish Bay. I reached over the security barrier when the security guy wasn't looking and touched the bell they brought up from the bottom of Lake Superior. The ship that was following sixteen miles behind the Fitzgerald, the Arthur M. Anderson, still sails the Great Lakes working for US Steel.
https://youtu.be/9vST6hVRj2AA

6 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    What is suspect about all of this, is that you were drinking a beer, that was made from water in a river that actually caught on fire. CLEVELAND ROCKS!

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    Rech and Sinclair - I think we need to start a movement for strip clubs to carry better beers? Think we can get on point with this? We can bring Juice in on it too if we go ahead and throw Four Lokos into the mix too. If clubs started carrying that he'd get behind the cause.
  • Cheo_D
    9 years ago
    Back last month when the El Faro was lost I could not help but hearing the music in my mind. (Does anyone know where the Love of God goes, when the waves turn the minutes to hours...)
  • sinclair
    4 years ago
    According to the vessel tracking websites, Arthur M. Anderson is traveling from the Sault Ste. Marie to Duluth right now. It passed over the area in Lake Superior where the Edmund Fitzgerald sank 45 years ago earlier today. Coincidentally, AMA was the last ship to have visual and radio contact with EF 45 years ago.
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    "that you were drinking a beer, that was made from water in a river that actually caught on fire."

You never heard of fire brewed?
  • TheeOSU
    4 years ago
    Ok I know that's Strohs, are they still in business?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion