tuscl

Holy Shit: Experiencing Withdrawals.

GACA
Un-retired: Met my ATF. Married her. Divorcing her.
I've spent way to much the last three weeks of clubbing, not as much as last year this time, but way too much to feel good about it. I'm on hiatus for the next month or so.
But damn, getting the shakes, anxiety, feels worse than when I tried quitting smoking after I got married (lasted 4 years). I don't know what to do with myself after getting off work on a rainy night. This is pretty damn painful. But hopefully after thus first week, my mind will make the proper adjustment. It's not like I used to go before. And quite honestly the whole scene was getting pretty damn monotonous. But damn it wasn't something awesome to do after work. Guess I'll focus on the gym. Or who knows maybe I'll do a cooking class, are taking nursing/real estate courses at a local community college.

I can do this...

30 comments

• gawker
    9 years ago
    Sounds like you need a sponsor. Maybe one of your favorite dancers would be willing.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    :) and maybe my drug dealer could sponsor me quitting smack too.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Breaking up is hard to do – I've been trying to “quit clubbing” or “take a hiatus” b/c of my spending ever since I started clubbing 15 years ago – I've managed to take a hiatus of 1 to 3 months about 2 or 3 times in the 15 years – and didn't club most of 2010 b/c I was unemployed at that time

The 2 or 3 times I stopped b/c I wanted-to; the hardest part for me was to stop going vs staying away once I stopped – SCs are instant gratification and who doesn't enjoy instant gratification; I think we are wired for it.

It's probably a good thing to stop for a while and take a bit of a 10,000 ft view and better be able to see the forest from the SC trees; especially if you are not getting a high ROI (real good times (although your not so-good times lately may be due to you beating yourself up a bit about being there) – but alas we are not perfect – we live-and-learn and adjust/tweak-things along the way.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    Your on the right idea...you have to find a nother hobby basically just to keep you away

I use the gym, overtime at work, video games, poker and other things to help keep me away just so i can save money
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    You may have to start slapping the monkey w/ more regularity so it does not try to convince you to hit the clubs.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    In 20 years I've never once taken a break because I was tired of strip clubbing or spent too much money. I've taken involuntary breaks because I couldn't get away from the ball and chain, but that's it.

• Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I felt the same way back in August of this year. I was spending waaaaaay to much money for my ROI, especially in VIP's (although quite a few were "worth it"). Since then, I've cut back on both visiting and spending in the clubs throughout the second half of the year. I haven't done a single VIP since the month of July. One thing that I have to remember is that we young TUSCLer's can't just throw money around like there is no tomorrow in the clubs even if we are making a good living because we may...no, we WILL need quite a bit of it when we get old. I have gone into my savings a few times to party and each time I've regretted it. The real old TUSCLers can do it because their life expectancy is on an overall decline and they have built a lifetime of savings so money is not an object for the majority of them. Whenever I am tempted to go into my lifetime savings account, I have to remind myself that I am going to need this money when I get into my 50's and 60's.

For me, the longer I stay away from clubs the easier it becomes. I usually just hit up regular bars and nightclubs whenever I take a hiatus, however I will be taking an indefinite hiatus from the nightlife at the end of this year since I will be moving back to my hometown away from Atlanta for personal reasons involving family. Since I will now have to travel to hit any meaningful strip clubs, I will be saving a lot more money than I have ever saved before.

It gets easier over time. Like you said, just find other hobbies to fill your schedule.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    I'm swinging the opposite way. I was burned out and bored, but I'm back into it, for now. Maybe it's the time change? But work is also kicking my ass.

I do find the more I go the more habit forming it can be. Either I have a great time, or I want to go back to try to have a great time. Chasing that mountaintop experience.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    "The real old TUSCLers can do it because their life expectancy is on an overall decline...."

Real old? You mean like 80, right?
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    @JamesSD ya I was chasing a high. Struck gold more than a few times, but I have to admit recently it's become my first source for pussy, and going to bars and shit was secondary. Obviously these girls can tell. And we're giving me a harder time than when I first started.

So I like the instant gratification and the who spinning of the roulette feel of it all. But definitely started experiencing diminishing returns. It's a balancing act with me. 60% clubbing vs 40% bars seems to work best go one way more than the other and the equilibrium gets fucked up and I lose in both places.

Well I fucked that equilibrium up in the last three weeks trying my best to get this one girl OTC. Ya I fucked up getting obsessed with hitting just that ONE chick, normally I play around, but man, I just wanted to get a chick without having to play games, I was like how much, how much, how fucking much to get in between those thighs. Anyway I realized I was losing control, so I'm putting on the breaks mostly that reason.

And trust me bro I've did the whole "try to get to the top of the mountain ", there is no top to that mountain.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    gewings, I'm in my 50s so not quite real old, but here's a different perspective from a guy who is in the future that you're imagining. I'm glad for everything I spent on strippers. Yes if I could have that money back I could retire earlier, and have lots more savings. But it wouldn't be worth it because I'd lose all of the incredible memories of almost unimaginable fun, and my life history would be fairly boring and generic without strippers. The money I spent was totally worth it, and I wouldn't change a thing except to join tuscl earlier. Not saying you're wrong, just a different or perspective looking back instead of looking forward.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    @JS69 I'm with you. Money is a tool for a great life experience, I'm the master not the slave. Fuck working for money, I want my money to work for me.

"HEY MONEY, go get me that stripper over there now, pronto!!!"
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    My mom would often quote a popular saying in Spanish that translates to “work to live and not live to work”
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    @Papi ya, I do not think I'm going to last more than a month. This is a physically painful feeling. Could be also I only drink when I'm in the club (as in more than just 2-3 beers). So I'm sure not only am I missing out on the physical aspect, but the social and alcoholic aspect too. I love being in strip clubs. Love it more than I've loved anything in recent memory.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    JS69: I understand where you are coming from looking from that perspective. That statement was in no way meant to be disrespectful and if it was, I sincerely apologize. I was think of older TUSCLer's in general but I worded it wrong. Again I apologize.

I guess all I am saying is that don't go completely broke chasing the cat. Or at least I'm trying not too.
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    You may have to start slapping the monkey w/ more regularity so it does not try to convince you to hit the clubs.

Lmfao, sad but true

This is y i bought a flesh light....and good lord its good fuckin

• just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    “work to live and not live to work”

Bingo
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    For me, the longer I stay away from clubs the easier it becomes

So true bro
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    And trust me bro I've did the whole "try to get to the top of the mountain ", there is no top to that mountain.

Yea i learned this the hard way as well. That's y now i just give one solid offer and if declined i never bother her again no matter how hot i see her as its time to move on until i find that "Yes"
  • just_the_nuts
    9 years ago
    I guess all I am saying is that don't go completely broke chasing the cat. Or at least I'm trying not too.

Well said brother. This is y I've adventured out to other options such as BP and AMP to hold me over for cheap. And this is y I've lowered my stripper price from the high of $1,000 down to $500 .

I've wised up and now refuse to let them ho"s brake my bank
  • PhantomGeek
    9 years ago
    Yeah, GACA, you can do this. You need to keep reminding yourself of that and, soon enough, the habit of not going to the strip clubs will be strong enough that you won't need to remind yourself anymore. Are there any non-sexual hobbies or interests that you have that you can explore? Have you ever checked into Meetup.com? You might be able to meet some folks with similar interests, something that'll get you out of the house once or twice a week at least.
  • alabegonz
    9 years ago
    Dude, if you're not done with the process you will repeat the process from the beginning.
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    I started strip clubbing in early 1994 and became a regular clubber a couple of years later, after my first lapgasm (which I didn't even know was possible until then!). Since 1996 I have seldom gone a week without hitting a strip club. In fact, I think the only two months I've missed in the past 19 years were one in 2000 when I was traveling in Europe for five weeks and one in 2004 when I was recovering from [minor] surgery. Like JS69 I have no regrets about the time and money I've spent in strip clubs. I make good money and have saved a lot. Besides, I'm 60+ and, as gewings pointed out, "The real old TUSCLers can do it because their life expectancy is on an overall decline". LOL
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I haven't been in a club since late September - my schedule lately hasn't taken me close to any good clubs and I've had this damn cold I can't shake since mid October. I will make up for it next week and thanksgiving week - as I'll be going through Detroit
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    I'm a young guy in my 20's, and I like the nightlife. The problem is the nightclubs/bars absolutely SUCK in my area. Nothing but unattractive white girls. This is why I turned to the strip clubs in the first place. For the first 4 or so years the dancer quality was great, and I was having a great time. The last two or so years the dancer quality has declined sharply. That should be a sign it's time to get out of the strip club. For some reason it's VERY hard for me to stop. I think it's because I've been doing it for so long.
  • FredDawg
    9 years ago
    Yes withdrawls may happen. In the 11 years of clubbing and hiatus' I too have experienced withdrawls. As long as you are mentally strong to get through it you'll be ok. Gotta fill time with other things to do besides clubbing.

The hardest thing is if a dancer has your number and hits you up to not cave in. But i found after a few replies of no she will stop hitting you up.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

@Shailynn, the week of Thabksgiving is an EXCELLENT time to go clubbing in Detroit, especially the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It's one of, if not the biggest, bar night of the year.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    I caved. But just blew through $50 and stayed for less than an hour. Got my quick fix. See how long I can go without the next visit.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    ^ I think you'll be able to hold out at least 2-days
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    Thanks for that vote of confidence PAPI
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion