tuscl

Taxes, do exotic dancers report their income?

Just curious, do dancers report some or all of their income for tax purposes? I'm wondering if some report no income or only a small portion. After all if you only work with cash there's not too much of a paper trail. Does this mean no credit cards and loans, mortgages etc. are hard to get?

12 comments

• Toplessdancer
    21 years ago
    I would say MOST do not file thier income. The few who do don't file the whole amount they make.
  • Yoda
    21 years ago
    I only need one....
  • Clubber
    21 years ago
    Well, when I went with my dancer friend, she put down cash, but under the $10,000 limit.
  • weekendfun
    21 years ago
    That would probably rile some people. I wouldn't be surprised if the dancers working in the newer packed clubs made 2, 3 or even 4 times as much as the dancers working in a run down half empty club. The average pay compared to an individual would be way off depending on looks of the dancer, dancing ability and the club. I can just see the IRS rating dancers by looks and where they work at. That would probably rile the taxpayers if they thought about the IRS going to clubs to perform ratings on clubs and dancers. I wonder how many dances it would take to rate a dancer.
  • SuperDude
    21 years ago
    One of these days, the IRS will issue guidelines setting what the average dancer's cash income is--just as they do with waiters, bellmen, etc. Of course, conducting the survey to set the guidelines will cause some people to object to IRS agents having too much fun.
  • Yoda
    21 years ago
    She didn't avoid it, but she does file taxes.
  • Yoda
    21 years ago
    of course, on the other hand, I went with a dancer friend of mine to buy a new car last year and she paid in cash...
  • phonehome
    21 years ago
    Of course on the other hand there is then this little bothersome federal law that requires any business to report all cash transactions 10 grand and up. That law has been on the books for something like 10-15 years. The intent of the law was to curtail money laundering and try to limit the underground economy. I'm just wondering how did she avoid that, or did she? You can still do it but is like begging to have an IRS agent show up and ask you where you got the money. "ahh I found it" or "somebody gave it to me" would not good choices for answers :-)
  • Clubber
    21 years ago
    I have a dancer friend that only reports some of her earnings. She also lives only by cash, so credit can be very difficult. I went with her to buy a truck, and she had quite a time getting financing. It can be done, just more difficult.
  • Mouse
    21 years ago
    Yoda and Clubber are right on.
  • Yoda
    21 years ago
    Many dancers do report their income but many do not. Some are married and fie a joint return, some also work other jobs and report only that income. I know some girls who have gotten credit cards or car loans but a mortgage can be tough without the proper paper trail to prove income.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    topless dancer has a point.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion