tuscl

Most Dancers are insecure and nasty acting people!

Wednesday, March 10, 2004 1:30 PM
For awhile now I have noticed espeically when my wife went to work at a certain strip club that no matter how nice you are to people that if a girl makes a lot of money other dancers automatically assume they are giving out favors, even with the money is giving to them just to sit with a customer. Why is this?

8 comments

• tom_pb
    20 years ago
    people are people and the dumb ones tend to blame some one else for their shortcomings and most dancers are not rocket scientists. The successful ones seldom ever talk about the other dancers except to praise them.
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    When I first started going to clubs I was always aware that dancers had to put up with a lot of s*#t from customers and from management. What I didn't realize was how much dancers had to put up with from other dancers (ie theft, jealousy, etc.). I happen to agree with PINHEAD in that it is not "most" dancers, but the worst ones are the ones that seem stick out in your memory and make it seem like more than it really is.
  • dusty
    20 years ago
    TGG.. oh I know exactly what you are saying... personally it didn't bother me when she would say stupid stuff like that.... I was just pointing out that there is tons of Jealousy issues between dancers... Especially when it came to money... and you are right... the ones who don't brag are the ones with the loote..
  • pinhead
    20 years ago
    I could be wrong, but I don't think it applies to 'Most' dancers, besides, it's not like they've got the market cornered in the 'insecure and nasty' department.
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    Dusty, she may have just been making it up about making so much money on a slow night. I have found that those who talk about their wealth, don't usually have it. The "quiet" people are the ones with the dough...They have no need to crow... Don't let the jerks get you down.
  • dusty
    20 years ago
    Yoda you are right on the money there... Alot of dancers have jealousy issues, when it comes to some girls making more than others... but one thing I have found to be true, is the girls who goes back into the dressing room and brags about how much she made that night are the ones who feel like the other girls are jealous of them... There was one girl who would be int he dressing room and the end of the shift, and she would ALWAYS say stuff like... all I made was 800.00 tonight.. when she knew it was a crapy night for the rest of us.. so in turn alot of girls assumed she was doing more than just dances
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    One of the pitfalls of making a living with your body is the sense of rejection that comes along with a slow night. Sometimes it's easier to blame others than to look in the mirror. The reality of stripclubs is that the most succesful dancers learn how to use their brains and not just their God-given or store-bought physical attributes to earn a living. A positive attitude and self confidence will get you through a bad spell. Unfortunately some of the nastier, misserable types never learn this.
  • SuperDude
    20 years ago
    People do not like to see co-workers get ahead of them. What's she doing to make all that money? It can't be because she is a better or nicer dancer? And I'm just as pretty if not prettier. And, so it goes.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion