tuscl

OT: Detroit, there's and app for that

georgmicrodong
Just a fat, creepy old pervert.
Any of you Detroiters want to make any suggestions.

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2015/10/09…

14 comments

• mikeya02
    9 years ago
    All things considered, those fixed problems numbers are staggering
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Poor people have been voting Democrat for the last fifty years and they are still poor-Charles Barkley.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

I actually have that app on my phone.

Detroit's problems are overwhelming. Trying to fix things there is like drinking water from a fire hose...
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    I've bounced all over the Midwest - and I can't explain it, but Detroit is the most alluring city to me. I'm saying no that even if it didn't have the strip clubs.

The people aren't dicks, but you know not to fuck with them. The city is dirty and beautiful at the same time. You can basicly fly on the interstates inside the city and nobody seems to give a shit. It's also one of the few places I've been where the Popeyes chicken prep area is totally enclosed by bulletproof glass.
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Thanks for posting this story. I had not heard of the app, but it seems to be effective.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    The people in the city aren't poor just because of "voting democrat," it has more to do with the race riots, segregation, and the building of highways right in the middle of the poor/black neighborhoods so that white people could move to the suburbs and blacks were left to rebuild their destroyed neighborhoods with little to no resources. This is all true, I know the history of my own city.

I'll never move back to Detroit (it's suburbs and elsewhere for me now) but my mom still lives there as does much of her family, my university is there, and I work there!

When I was 19 I ran a red light right in front of a cop while simultaneously hitting a bowl and he did nothing.

In summer and fall of 2013 I would drive to my mom's instead of my apartment because I was working on 8 mile closer to her, and I once sped past the cops at at least 30 miles OVER the speed limit because I thought they were some neighborhood boys trying to speed and be cool and I wanted to show them they're dumb and my car is faster... It took me until I was blocks ahead of them and saw them flick their lights at me to realize I had just outsped COPS so I slowed down and was going to pull over and they just pulled up next to me, I mouthed "sorry?" and they gave me a dirty look then pulled a u-turn and left me alone. Lmao.

Detroit is still the place if you want to smoke weed or drive with open intox and not worry about going to jail (unless you're downtown or somewhere where there are State boys), but generally you won't get arrested in Detroit doing minor things that sububran cops would book you for. You used to be able to get away with anything there but over this summer there were so many OD's the police will actually pull people over. But, at most they will tow your car if you are drinking or something but they won't arrest you. Bigger fish to fry.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    Shailynn - interesting and quite accurate insight.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

Cops in Detroit don't have time to bother with people going over the speed limit or running red lights.

They are too busy with the drug dealers and trying to find murderers. It's just a fact of life in the city.
    I once had my car stolen in Detroit.
    Called the police. Was told they could not send a car out to investigate/take a report.
    Was told to go to the nearest police station and file a report.(I had no car to drive to the police station.)

No joke, when I finally got to the police station the officer there took down my information on a napkin. A freaking napkin...

Obviously, no one was ever caught for stealing my car. It's just the way of life there. You adapt to it or you move to the suburbs if you can't take it.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    I had my car stolen in Detroit and was told the same thing (to come to the precinct for the area it was stolen from and do a police report). I hate dealing with police but I went down there anyway. I knew my car wouldn't be recovered though. Almost 6 months and haven't heard a word from them. Lol.

When I lived by myself on 6 mile my door got kicked in while I was at work after two nights of bachelor parties and it was a Sunday so I couldn't go to the bank... $2200 stolen and I had it hidden well. I didn't find out who did it until after I moved way out to the burbs. I saw one of the kids who did it at a Detroit liquor store this summer and he was so scared he ran from me. I followed his car for miles. He looks like he's strung out now - go figure!
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Nina,you reap what you sow.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    I agree, which is why I now live in an affluent suburb while he's stuck in Detroit with no resources except theft. If he ever leaves Detroit city limits it will be for prison I assume. Karma?
  • zef8mich
    9 years ago
    A while ago I had my car stolen in downtown Detroit. I went to the precinct and they told me there were a number of cars stolen each week and because of lack of funds they only had one officer investigating them for an hour or so each week.
    A couple of years ago there was an article about the different violent crime rates in different cities that said Detroit's problem was that the people don't think they can rely on the police and everyone has a gun?
    A recent TV interview said there were over 80,000 Cpl in Detroit but a police official being interviewed wouldn't discourage issuing Cpl when they're handled properly.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    In the times of my life where I was living in Detroit and either my mother or father called the police: twice it took them over an hour to show up, at least once they never showed up, and once they showed up the next morning.

When my door got kicked in I didn't even bother to call the police. Oh well.

I wouldn't recommend anyone live there unless you live downtown somewhere with high security like a riverfront condo.
  • NinaBambina
    9 years ago
    And I think adults who live in Detroit should have weapons for self-defense. It's a no-brainer for me. Responsibly, of course.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion