tuscl

Tampa 2 AMer.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
TAMPA, FL (WFLA) – A fatal shooting occurred outside of a gentlemen’s club on North 50th Street early Sunday morning, officials say.

According to the Tampa police news release, witnesses told police investigators the victim, whose name has not been released, was sitting in a vehicle outside of the Playpen Gentlemen’s Club at 1715 N. 50th St, when the incident occurred. .

Another vehicle, possibly black in color, approached the victim’s vehicle. A passenger in the second vehicle stepped out and shot the victim at least once.

Shortly after 5 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 4, Tampa police officers responded to a call of a reported shooting at the Playpen Gentlemen’s Club, the release states. When officers arrived, they found a wounded man. They rendered first aid until Tampa Fire Rescue paramedics arrived on the scene.

The victim was taken to a local hospital, where he later died.

No other information about the gunman was released.

The motive for the shooting may have been drug-related, but not confirmed, the release said.

Detectives are investigating.

5 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    AFAIK this is an after-hours ghetto black club
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    ^^^

I've been to a lot of Tampa clubs, but don't think I've heard of this one
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Crap...this is the kind of stuff that can get a club shut down, and I'm going to Tampa in January.

Papi's description of the place is correct: I've been there 5-6 times. The "2AMer" thing is funny when it comes to this club because no one's there yet at 2. It doesn't pop until about 3:15-3:30 and starts to slow down around 5. Lights usually come on at 6. It's not the type of place most TUSCLers would go to, for quite a few reasons.
  • shanny72
    9 years ago
    Avoid this place as it is only trouble.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    Meh...I've never felt fearful in any way, and I'm a skinny non-local who often goes solo.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion