tuscl

Pope Francis

crazyjoe
Colorado
Tuesday, September 22, 2015 8:29 PM
[view link] What you say about his visit to the USA?

32 comments

• shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Who?
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I say he needs to put his church in order before he starts telling the USA how to act. Maybe we should hire him a hooker so he can figure out how men are supposed to have sex with a woman
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Let's see how Holy Scat gets as his lung capacity starts to diminish and he gulps air like a guppy out of [view link] better start studying for that final exam boy.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    ^^^WTF?
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    You better check yourself before you Rech yourself.
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^hasn't figured out the joke yet
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    referring to the pope, what took him so long to visit here? maybe he thinks we are a bunch of pagans going to strip clubs and thinking about sex or drugs all the time. no idea why someone might think that. :) I thought it was amusing to see the new pope mobile was a little fiat. Obama will probably love him. He plans on telling the republicans they should fight global warming or something like that. They could do that by dumping iron ore powder in the oceans absorbing many thousands of tons of co2 via plant growth. nope, no one will do that. Democrats want us to pay more taxes.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    He can visit anytime. Catholicism is a weird, slowly dying medevial religion. It's really only relevant in third world countries. But I think he's a more legitimate Christian than most American "chrisitian" politicians.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    I love the Catholic Church.I put additions on three Churches and they issued me a tax free stamp for materials.I held that stamp for ten years.I purchased everything from food to fuel and never payed a dime in taxes in those ten years.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Serious answer? Pope Francis is a breath of fresh air in the Christian community. His faith is a very inclusive one, and while he may debate the ethics of openly gay people and the morality of abortion supporters (I count myself as a supporter with limits) he will listen and have meaningful dialogue with them. He will have tough things to say about us - as any pastor worth a darn will as well.
  • Mate27
    9 years ago
    Does the Pope poop in the woods?
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    ^^^^only if there are lambs ear leaves to wipe with
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    ^^^ that's how holy shit was found ^^^
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    A huge improvement over his last two predecessors! SJG [view link]
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    Republitards crying about taxes again lol!! I love it!! Love seeing republitards in a perpetual state of anger about taxes till the day they die brings a smile to my face knowing it will never change and these old white losers will vote republican and taxes never change. Haha. Can't wait till Mexicans out breed and send these old white angry republitards to the museums where they bbelong
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    Strip club forum here. Take your tax bitching elsewhere and go learn Spanish
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    naytch88, May I assume you aren't an American?
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    all those Mexican babies are american hahah sux for you
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    Don't worry naytch88, Obama won't call it taxes. you'll just have to pay more for health care, pay more for electricity, pay more for everything that used those resources to deliver food, etc. while your pay may not have even kept up with inflation. Only the republicans call it taxes. The democrats call it living green.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    oh, eventually the democrats will likely say due to all the people geting social security, Medicare, etc, they will need to take a bigger cut out of everyone's pay check, plus cut benefits. They can claim it's only for the rich, then apply it to everyone after there still isn't enough money.
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    I'm not worried I make good money and have lots of investments properties etc. I don't even think twice before spending money. Last thing I want is to be worried about getting attacked or robbed or kidnapped by poor people. I'd rather throw some money at them to keep them at bay rather than to barricade myself in my house behind guns. Plus I can always pull up my bootstraps and go earn more money if prices go up. Cuz its just that easy. Republicans may call them taxes but they still perpetuate them. Money is no good if can't breathe the air, but then again if your going down on nasty strippers then you don't care about clean anything, or your old as shit and won't be around when shit hits the fan
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    How did our country become so great and dominant during a time when taxes were so much higher than they are now? What are some civilized, first world, stable, prosperous countries that have what you call acceptable tax rates? I know you wish you paid no tax so you could spend that extra money on a, but that not how it works. Of the country is crumbling around you there are severe downstream effects which will impact your quality of life and ability to earn the income you currently do. Yes there's a lot of waste let's start with fake wars
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    Extra money on strippers is what I meant to say
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    My view on t he Pope is that he is just another left wing asshole with nothing to say that I give a fuck about.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    hey Naytch you seem like some kind of left wing scumbag leech. The simple fact is that all you are doing is talking about income taxes asshole. They were higher before, but there was also about 5,000 more deductions, so they aren't as high as you think and it was also back in the day of no or less sales, meal, gas, alcohol, phone, hotel, rental car taxes and on and on. How do you spell progressive? L I A R.
  • naytch88
    9 years ago
    Ski bum, sorry but you are wrong all the studies factor in deductions and the like. unlike you I don't care about taxes Cuz I'm happy and very well off. Hell give me your PayPal account and ill throw you some money because I'm all about helping out chumps like you who aren't as successful as me. I'll also give you some Spanish lesson and maybe Chinese so you dont fall behind in 5-10 years. Sucks to be a bitter old man like you perpetually angry and complaining. Maybe you dinosaurs should stop bringing up politics on a SC board, or prepare to deal with the response. So tell me a civilized, stable, high standard of living country with what you call an acceptable tax rate, then we can debate.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    "So tell me a civilized, stable, high standard of living country with what you call an acceptable tax rate, then we can debate." I call that country America. Because politicians have to get elected, they have to invent "problems" to get the electorate upset about so we'll vote for them to fix them. In the big picture, America's problems are quite inconsequential. We can pay our bills (unless congress decides not to), we have some degree of health care available to most people, we are not starving, we are not in any danger of invasion from foreign powers, we are near 95% employment... Are things perfect? No. There's always areas for improvement. We are easily the most corrupt Western government, and corporations create policy. We also are slow as a nation to address global warming. That's what the Pope wants to address: his concept if where America can improve. He disapproves of same sex marriage, birth control, contraception as per his faith, but he also wants to address climate change and help the poor which is contrary to many American's beliefs. People from either side of the aisle who look to the Pope for political gain are just going to come off as callous hypocrites. As a Pagan, I don't embrace a lot of the Catholic doctrine, but I have great respect for Francis. I've had no respect for any other Pope in my lifetime.
  • Dancer_
    9 years ago
    As a Christian, I am indeed very happy about his visit.
  • Mr_O
    9 years ago
    naytch88, You avoided my question. Just why is that?
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    I'm surprised. I've seen a number of stupid anti-Catholic comments from my "friends" on Facebook. Prejudices against the Cathic church still exist. I was raised Catholic. Eight years of Catholic school. Went to Mass everyday. But I haven't attended for over 10 years. The Church has a lot of problems and I've come to disagree with their stance on many things but I still get a little peeved when I read ignorant comments of facebook. One guy said "why is there so much media attention. It's nothing special" Yes it is. Catholics still represent the single largest denomination in the U.S. Nearly 1 out of 4 Americans identify themselves as Catholic. And if you count the undocumented Hispanic population, it's probably even higher. The U.S. has the fourth largest Cstholic population in the world yet visits by a Pope are still relatively rare. To suggest that there has been too much media coverage is plain stupid. The Kardashians/Jenners still get more.
  • Dougster
    9 years ago
    Pretty good, but there's a limit to how good you can be and still be the pope. Security for his visit in NYC is off the charts.
  • rockstar666
    9 years ago
    @ motorhead: I think being a Catholic is the same as being a Cub fan: no how bad their management can be at times, you still cheer them on and don't move on to a different team. For now, both the Cubs and the Church seem to be making amends for past mistakes; let's hope both continue down this path for a long time!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion