tuscl

One dancer that gets it.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I was at Follies today and started with a dancer that I have met twice before at Follies. She lives in Tampa and works at a strip club in Clearwater. That club charges $35 for a lap dance and she told me today that minimum VIP charge is $250. So I ask why come up here to work when you get paid higher down there. She admitted that she can make more overall up here because she gets a higher volume of dances, etc. I complimented her for being one of the few dancers that have figured that out.

7 comments

• san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    Most of the time for dances it is not just about money. Most of them would rather sit on their butts and get nothing, than do dances for a lower fee than what some other girls in some other club get. It is about identity and self-esteem.

So I say that when you see this, hold on to your money. Look for some other way to engage with them, or just find some other girl.

Money pays for her time, but it should never be used to try and pay her to do something she doesn't otherwise want to do. She should like you enough that her self esteem is not dependent upon how much money she takes off of you!

Guys do need to have some smarts before they walk into a strip club. Really, they need some smarts in all their dealings with women.

SJG
  • saroya
    9 years ago
    The club in Clearwater is almost certainly Oz--it's the only one that charges that fee per dance. There are other girls in Clearwater who go away in the Summer to make money. Snowbird season starts after the holidays and that's when things pick up for dancers. In the meantime, customer's rule.
  • san_jose_guy
    9 years ago
    The dancers that got it that I knew were the ones at the SJ Mexican bar table dancing shows, known as 'Bikini Shows".

Girls at like Club-Ante in San Mateo would do $20 dances, and pay a house cut and sometimes some bouncer greasing to get to go over the limits too. But to get each dance they had to spend lots of uncompensated time buttering guys up.

At these table dancing shows they never had to get any agreement from the customer, they would just jump in front of him and usually get their rear end between his legs, or get his face between their tits, or whatever. Whatever they intended to do, they just did it.

What they got was usually $1 at a time. When the place was busy the meter ran a little faster than when it was slow.

So the shows were great fun, and most guys would give each of the girls a chance. It just goes along with the fun spirit of it all.

So the girls got maybe $120 to $180 per hour. No house cut, just some flat access fee.

During a 2 or 3 hour show, guys would quickly spend their dough, sometimes exchange contact info for OTC, and then leave. Other guys would take their seats. The house might turn over 3 times!

At the end of the show the girls would get into their cars, or the talent agents' vans, and drive to the next bar.

Girls from Club-Ante told me, that at these free form free for all places, they made lots more money than at the 'wanna dance' places like Club-Ante.

It is though harder to regulate the Mexican bar style, as there is more interaction between dancers and customers.

SJG
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Not only do most dancers not understand that concept but most club management doesn't understand it either. Most keep raising prices to increase revenue and revenue goes down as a result. So they raise prices again.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    +1JS! This one club I frequent, the normal prices are $25 per LD PLUS at least a $10 dancer drink = $35! They do a 2-for-one every hour. Guess when the professional hounds buy their dances. Of course, the management, waitresses and most of the dancers don't have a frikin' clue as to why.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    Many a SC (and dancers) seem adept at killing the goose that lays the golden egg.
  • skibum609
    9 years ago
    At the Inner Room Cabaret the dancers pay a house fee and keep all the lap dance money. Now I get the fact that the dances are ten dollars, but one dancer was telling me that she could have stayed at the Miami club she was working at, charge 25 a dance and give % to the house plus the house fee, and do 15 laps a shift, or work there where she'd have to work hard for the money but would do 10-12 dances per hour for an 8 hour shift. The set up makes it so that a dancer has to be as physical dancing as she would sitting in a chair.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion